securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Like Mayo... does that ever expire? Delicious.
Yes, it does, and when it does, it is NASTY, but that only happens if you don't eat it fast enough.

Like I said, I hope the hybrid is awesome, but it's not a thing I'm willing to pay extra for.
Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sources say the '22 Ranger is going to have the 2.3EB paired with electric motors to produce a combined 362HP and 502lb-ft. This in the Bronco would be sweet.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So, I haven’t ever forded up to my floor pans, but If I took the Rubicon to the 30” fording depth, the floor pans would be under by 10”. This means the place where the batteries would go would be submerged. I guess they could be encapsulated, and any connections could be above the waterline. But lithium and water do not mix, so that would be my first concern for a real off-road variant.

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So, I haven’t ever forded up to my floor pans, but If I took the Rubicon to the 30” fording depth, the floor pans would be under by 10”. This means the place where the batteries would go would be submerged. I guess they could be encapsulated, and any connections could be above the waterline. But lithium and water do not mix, so that would be my first concern for a real off-road variant.
Ford has probably worked with Rivian on this issue. The R1T is listed as having a water fording capabilities of over 3 feet.