First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Now that you mention it, Antimatter Black Blue looks so very, very blue all the time, what was I thinking?

Did you know, if the forum could harken back to the anals of history, that at one point in time people on here called it "Antimatter Black", because it's for all intents and purposes, black.

Then that 1/2 of one percent of the time it has a slightly off-black hue to it. Majestic!

35zR7zw.png

The only friendly thing to do is encourage @Administrator to preemptively ban your friend for taking delivery of his Bronco before so many others. :ROFLMAO:
..Everyday when I look out in my driveway..I see a black Edge...and a blue Bronco...and the colors aren't even close..
Sponsored

Rocket

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 1978 Bronco, 2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well I’m in the minority with Race Red, hope i get a 2022 Bronco to enjoy it.

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't know who said AMB is black, but...

tenor.gif

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
🤷‍♂️

It only has to make a difference to you, you're making the payments.
Awww, this harkens me back to the good old days…..a happier, simpler time when some of our most spirited discussions revolved around whether or not AMB looked blue or black.
Then Ford came along in MY22 with their giant eraser and settled the argument once and for all.
I recall Romeo Alpha didn’t necessarily have an aversion to AMB based on color preference per se, it’s just that he lives in the dreary gray PNW….where everything is matte gray…..everything but the eruption green foliage. So AMB didn’t have a chance in a land that only witnesses the sun about as often as a Mocha Late isn’t being slurped in Seattle. But I digress…green is literally the only color other than gray where a fellow with as much visual notoriety as the great Rick Astley can blend into the scenery in the PNW and avoid the crush of an adoring public. So, green it is.

Edit: to make this story even more remarkable, I forgot to add that my watch told me that I achieved my Stand Goal while I was writing that post. Not trilling? What if I told you I received the stand goal notification while I was sitting?

Last edited:

Sponsored

dScott

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Genesis G80
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Somewhat ironically, I went back and forth between what turns out to be the most common color in your chart (Eruption Green) and the least common color (Race Red).

Absolutely thrilled I ultimately took Race Red for my early delivery 22 WT 2-door. The color is just stunning with the black WT trim and wheels, gets 'I love that color!' comments wherever it goes! And after seeing the green in person, it is just too much of an emerald green for my liking. If it was a slightly darker, non-metallic green, might have gone that way.
Exact same here, I wanted red since I first saw them, but then the green came out and I was a hair away from ordering mine in green. I didn't really decide until I walked in to place my order, but ultimately went with red, I think it looks better with the black accents (and my wife has a RR Explorer so I know the color and know it'll be great). Nice to be one of the rarer colors too!

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Now that you mention it, Antimatter Black Blue looks so very, very blue all the time, what was I thinking?

Did you know, if the forum could harken back to the anals of history, that at one point in time people on here called it "Antimatter Black", because it's for all intents and purposes, black.

Then that 1/2 of one percent of the time it has a slightly off-black hue to it. Majestic!

Ford Bronco I sampled over 300 Builds this year and determined that 2022 will be the year of Eruption Green tenor

The only friendly thing to do is encourage @Administrator to preemptively ban your friend for taking delivery of his Bronco before so many others. :ROFLMAO:
I would but hes a first day res too

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want a color that is easy to keep clean, I've wasted half my life trying to keep black cars clean, no more!

RobBob22

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

+1 on Eruption green for 2022 (hopefully)

Sponsored

MileHighWT

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Oxford White Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's quite a big assumption. I highly doubt paint is dictating the schedule. LOL
Paint colors 100% affect scheduling, especially metallics. Paint changeover costs (ie how much waste is generated when switching colors) are highest when switching between color ‘families’ (ie switching red to white) and when switching between metallic and non-metallic colors, regardless of whether or not color family is shared.

The 2k paints in use by ford (and everyone else) cost hundreds of dollars per gallon, so wasting even a few ounces per robot during the purge that happens when colors are changed matters in the long term. A color change also takes significant time- several minutes in the case of a metallic-nonmetallic changeover, and gallons of waste solvent generated- which matters a lot when you’re trying to paint 10,000+ bodies a month.

Paint shop robots are purged and internally cleaned once per shift. If they can paint an entire shift of bodies the same color with no color changes, they will.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It could be a paint supply chain issue as well.

4runner

Outer Banks
First Name
4runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Stock bronco looks good in Black White Silver and dark gray, it also looked good in the darker red color that got discontinued, it does not look all that great in any other color unless you change wheels and other trim effects etc ... white may be the best color for the new bronco even though white is not a color !

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
GREEN AS A CAR COLOR IS LIKE THE PHILADELPIA PHILLIES HAVING A GOOD YEAR - IT IS ABOUT A 15 YEAR EVENT - OTHER COMPANYS WILL PILE ON FOR A FEW YEARS.

Pitpup

Black Diamond
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Mustang GT, 2008 Ford Ranger Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
GREEN AS A CAR COLOR IS LIKE THE PHILADELPIA PHILLIES HAVING A GOOD YEAR - IT IS ABOUT A 15 YEAR EVENT - OTHER COMPANYS WILL PILE ON FOR A FEW YEARS.
Word!
Sponsored