First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You caught that too, eh? Admittedly, I kinda feel like shit knowing that all of us have probably been slightly unfairly banging on Webasto, only to find out now via Ford's very well-veiled statement that it was a design problem of their own making the entire time.
That makes no sense. If Ford subcontracted the roof to Webasto they do so to buy both design expertise and manufacturing capability. Ford would give dimensions, cutout requirements, performance specifications etc. and then the expectation is for Webasto, a roof manufacturer, to provide a roof meeting the specification. This is Webastoā€™s mess unless you have proof or knowledge otherwise. Ford owns the mess and are doing damage control.
Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That makes no sense. If Ford subcontracted the roof to Webasto they do so to buy both design expertise and manufacturing capability. Ford would give dimensions, cutout requirements, performance specifications etc. and then the expectation is for Webasto, a roof manufacturer, to provide a roof meeting the specification. This is Webastoā€™s mess unless you have proof or knowledge otherwise. Ford owns the mess and are doing damage control.
I suppose it really just depends on whose name is on the design specs and the tooling. But the narrative and finger pointing at webasto seems to have magically stopped and now it's "were just fixing it" vs "they broke it!"

Not to mention that the soft tops are also having quality and design issues, and those aren't even made by webasto.

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just above the rearview Mirror assembly where the two port holes come together, there is daylight coming through. I found this after going through a car wash. Looks like the MIC recall is just not cosmetic as we are told.
IMG_5224.jpg
My top leaks through my airbag! I posted this a while back. Ford failed to resolve the issue and Iā€™ve been unable to drive it for a month. They would not listen to me and would not let me near my vehicle at the dealership to show them.

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My top leaks through my airbag! I posted this a while back. Ford failed to resolve the issue and Iā€™ve been unable to drive it for a month. They would not listen to me and would not let me near my vehicle at the dealership to show them.
The wouldnā€™t let you near your own vehicle?! Iā€™d be taking it back and posting some YouTube videosā€¦.

Good luck with this. Seriously.

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The wouldnā€™t let you near your own vehicle?! Iā€™d be taking that back and posting some YouTube videosā€¦.

Good luck with this. Seriously.
Yep, for ā€œinsuranceā€ reasons.

Iā€™ve discovered a faulty part besides the roof. Itā€™s a design flaw. If this part is not improved the leak will never go away.

As soon as Broncos start getting wet under heavy downpours, they are all going to leak. Iā€™m sure of it.

The system of gutters and drains they have designed can not drain the amount of water collected from the roof quick enough. The only place it can go is inside.

Sponsored

Buddy Lee

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Geo Storm V8 & Lincoln Mark IX prototype
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well Jeep figured out the roof drainage problem with the JK. Instead of draining water through a complex system of aqueducts running inside the car, it would just pool in large puddles on the soft top over the driver and passenger doors. When entering/exiting, these puddle chambers would purge onto the driver/passenger. Some call it a design flaw, but marketing calls it a "feature".

Mattbar1, sorry to hear your issue still remains unresolved. I honestly hoped it was something simple, like the jeep cowl drain backup or a section of drainage tubing not connected. However, I see that instead it is a reservoir to hold emergency water when driving in the desert. Like a built in camelback option that we get for free.

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe an arrow or something to designate? I donā€™t see anything in the pic. Did water come in at the car wash? If you can see daylight then most likely youā€™d already have water intrusion. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Yea an arrow and it says Accessory Ready

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just above the rearview Mirror assembly where the two port holes come together, there is daylight coming through. I found this after going through a car wash. Looks like the MIC recall is just not cosmetic as we are told.
IMG_5224.jpg
It's a good thing you got that washout interior. Wait...you did get the washout interior, didn't you?

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

why don't you believe the man when he says daylight coming through? lol he should know best he looking right at it
Because the forum is littered with Ford apologists or antagonists (life long Ford fan here) at the ready. No censor needed.

Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Geez, it appears these Broncos are not going to be sorted for a few more years.

dinkdonk

Black Diamond
First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Who cares? Your getting a new one.
whoaā€¦.. rude ā€œmr niceā€. i think they were just pointing this out in hopes to connect with someone else who has the same issue. relax buddy. go buy yourself a tesla and be a dick elsewhere.

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow. Have you got a dedicated thread on this? If so, can you share a link?
Sponsored