I see dealerships are mislabeling Broncos as "in stock"

StopsForTacoTrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro. Ram.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've contacted multiple dealerships about "in stock" Broncos and all have replied it's no longer in inventory but we have more coming or some slight variation. Only one, a very small dealership, has actually taken the Bronco off their website shortly thereafter. I'm guessing they are just fishing for contact information or trying to get you to substitute for a Sport or some nonsense. More shadiness from dealerships.

I think I need Diogenes' lamp, roaming about looking for an honest Ford dealer. If I can find one they'll sell a truck in a year or two as well, as I'm buying a Raptor for me after my wife gets her toy.
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some CRM/inventory systems auto load incoming inventory to the site sold/reserved/stock or not. This is something they generally have to go in and take out of inventory view and if it's a smaller dealer, may not be on it as quick. Some dealers let them show up on the site with the hope it leads to a phone call and maybe a sale. Could be an honest mistake, could be intentional and part of their marketing/sales strategy. Generally you piss more people off by listing something your don't have in stock or available than if you have and don't list. A lot of moving pieces depending on the dealer and the inventory control system they utilize.

Saltlife4shore

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They just leave them on their website to generate website visitors. Then they spam the crap out of you with pop ups. I've called the same dealer 3 times in the last 7 months asking about their blue Wildtrack for sale. Every time I get it's sold, but we have 5 others available (on order šŸ¤”) They leave it up and they know why. The pandemic just goes to show you how crooked some dealers are.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Others have already mentioned this, but my dealer's inventory system auto-populates their website when a vehicle is shippedā€”regardless or not whether it is actually sold or not. Automates the rather menial task of updating the website on a daily basis.

Sales manager at my dealership was actually complaining about it. I guess it was a great system in the "normal" times, but now if he doesn't go to the website and remove Broncos as soon as they get posted they get bombarded with phone calls from prospective buyers.

Sponsored
OP
OP

StopsForTacoTrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro. Ram.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Some CRM/inventory systems auto load incoming inventory to the site sold/reserved/stock or not. This is something they generally have to go in and take out of inventory view and if it's a smaller dealer, may not be on it as quick. Some dealers let them show up on the site with the hope it leads to a phone call and maybe a sale. Could be an honest mistake, could be intentional and part of their marketing/sales strategy. Generally you piss more people off by listing something your don't have in stock or available than if you have and don't list. A lot of moving pieces depending on the dealer and the inventory control system they utilize.
Here it seems like the small dealers are doing it right and the big dealers are fishing. I know enough to not bother to call about one without pictures or the one with the auto-generated pictures with the rail car background.

But pictures in front of the actual dealership and it's still up 3-4 days after it was sold? They know what they are doing.

LarryBirdsFace

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I asked a dealership about this, they said their inventory is linked to some aspect of Ford's allocation database, and when a customer orders a car it shows up on their inventory as soon as the VIN is produced.
They told me it's a two way street and one direction is much slower. It shows up once they get a VIN, almost instantly, but when the vehicle is delivered and actually sold, they mark it in their system and it can take 3-4 weeks for Ford to pull it on their end.

He said nobody ever noticed, or really cared all that much until it came to Bronco questions from people calling haha. He said, it's been like that for years and they'd get the occasional call about an F-150 or something and it was never a big deal. All the sudden, Broncos start rolling out and they have to answer the question like 5 times a week haha.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've contacted multiple dealerships about "in stock" Broncos and all have replied it's no longer in inventory but we have more coming or some slight variation. Only one, a very small dealership, has actually taken the Bronco off their website shortly thereafter. I'm guessing they are just fishing for contact information or trying to get you to substitute for a Sport or some nonsense. More shadiness from dealerships.

I think I need Diogenes' lamp, roaming about looking for an honest Ford dealer. If I can find one they'll sell a truck in a year or two as well, as I'm buying a Raptor for me after my wife gets her toy.
I'm quite confident that this is the ONLY post that will ever exist on internet that uses both "Diogenes' Lamp" and "Bronco Raptor" together.

(Aside from my reference post here, I guess)

Sponsored

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I called on one right before I bought my current bronco. Red WT nice looking. The guy kinda laughed and said yeah thereā€™s no such thing but we can order one. I asked why didnā€™t they put ordering now on the pic like other dealers have. šŸ¤¦šŸ¤¦.

Last edited:

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I called on one right before I bought mine current bronco. Red WT nice looking. The guy kinda laughed and said yeah thereā€™s no such thing but we can order one. I asked why didnā€™t they out ordering now on the pic like other dealers have. šŸ¤¦šŸ¤¦.
What they said.

EBG

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71EB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If the ad has no picture, they ain't got it.

If the ad has a "stock" photo (even photoshopped into their parking lot, or a train yard, etc), they ain't got it.

If the ad has numerous pictures - exterior, interior, etc - maybe they got it, maybe not. Probably not - "it just sold", "got someone coming to look at it today", etc - you're not gonna get it.

One is for sure, though - they ALL got markups.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Until it's burnin gas - it's inventory. I've been trying to get a Jeep GC for my kids and my wife's company has 3 locations - all show available cars I want - when I call the GM - sorry J Mo that one is gone already. It's all over the industry - I doubt you'd find a single one that pulls it off inventory on web before it is actually delivered to a customer.
Sponsored