Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My Bronco was built last month and I have been checking daily to see when it ships. I just happened to look on cars.com to see if there were any Broncos available locally and see one listed at my dealer that was equipped just like the one I ordered. They listed a VIN number and it was my Bronco. They have it listed for sale
for $10,000 more than MSRP. I am beyond shocked to see this and waiting for the dealer to open to confront them. I have already purchased lots of accessories to add to my Bronco when I get it and can't believe they did this. Wow!
Sponsored

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is common for dealers to post all incoming stock on cars.com. They use it to drum up interest and get people calling in. Iā€™ve called a few before and theyā€™ll say itā€™s a customer order and it automatically gets postedā€¦btw we have this vehicle that doesnā€™t even compare to that oneā€¦can I get you information on it insteadā€¦etc etc.

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
šŸ˜¬. I had this exact same thread awhile back. Itā€™s standard protocol when your vehicle populates to the dealer it for some reason goes to Cars.com and the likes. Just reach out to your sales person and verify they ainā€™t gonna bend you overšŸ˜³

RRRRRGYLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is very common. It doesn't necessarily mean anything nefarious is going on. When mine shipped it automatically showed on my dealers website. But they marked it as " Sale Pending". When it was delivered they removed it from the website and contacted me.

Keep calm and contact them. Don't want to go in too hot and potentially hurt your chances of getting your Bronco.

Sponsored

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Itā€™s called Bait and Switch.
And illegal here in Massachusetts.
Call your Attorney Generalā€™s Office and ask them if itā€™s legal. Certainly not moral.
Theyā€™re really chumming with that 10k over msrp ā€˜baitā€™. šŸ˜‚

SZairborne

Big Bend
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge charger GT AWD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's normal. Mine is listed as a 7sp with tow package. I dont have those two options. It's also listed for more than what I will pay. Don't create a problem that's not there.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Itā€™s called Bait and Switch.
And illegal here in Massachusetts.
Call your Attorney Generalā€™s Office and ask them if itā€™s legal. Certainly not moral.
Read the other comments. Standard procedure everywhere.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When I was searching Iā€™d see tons of Broncos on sites, and they would always say ā€œthis is a customer order and already sold, but come on in and we will order you one tooā€ and then they claim Ford posts to their site automatically when they get one and they donā€™t have control over it. As a buyer itā€™s very frustrating because theyā€™re advertising stock they donā€™t have and wasting my time!šŸ¤¬

Sponsored

FrankenRodz

Base
First Name
sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base 2 - Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So a Computer, not controlled by man, lists a sold vehicle, and puts an ADM on the price, and thereā€™s nothing that can be done? Next folks will see their orders going on test drives! And where are the dozens of pages on Cars.com and the like with ordered Broncos for sale?

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's a matter of inventory transfer and is all automatic. Databases are hooked in to each other. Ford electronically transferred the bronco into the dealers inventory, the dealer's database is synced with the website, and probably synced also to various other 3rd party sites to make marketing easier. A vehicle shows up in inventory and moments later it's posted, no manual input needed. No manager asking the marketing department why the dealer inventory is not on the website.

I wouldn't worry about it, the dealer probably has no idea that it's even posted on their site. Mine wasn't when I mentioned to them that my bronco is probably going to show up soon since it's on their website.

Pootypoot

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This forum

Ford Bronco I see the Bronco I ordered for sale on my dealers website 1652544167408

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So a Computer, not controlled by man, lists a sold vehicle, and puts an ADM on the price, and thereā€™s nothing that can be done? Next folks will see their orders going on test drives! And where are the dozens of pages on Cars.com and the like with ordered Broncos for sale?
If the dealer is not reputable it doesn't matter if the bronco is on their website or not. They would attempt to sell it when it came in with the ADM. The dealer probably has global markups on particular models of vehicles when they get added to the system. More automation = less misses and mess-ups. Nothing to get the torches and pitchforks out over, which I know some folks love to do here. There are other posts about this subject already, it happens a lot.
Sponsored