First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
BTW, I mentioned a few small issues in my original post about this rig. Why are some of the forum members jumping on the negative instead of praising the positive traits of this rig? Kind of sad that my intention of learning more exciting things about the Bronco has turned out into “ prove it” posts.

Would it be possible for members here to share some of the things that makes this an exciting vehicle? Thank you!
Sponsored

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Huh. I had no idea. I spent the entire day Saturday in 110 degree heat in the west desert with it running. I didn't shut it off from Lookout Pass when I aired down until I got home because I left it idling while I aired back up nearby Delta. Never got water temperature over 206.

I figure if it was a widespread problem, I would have experienced it some time on Saturday...

But I'm just a sample size of 1, so my bronco might be special...

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BTW, I mentioned a few small issues in my original post about this rig. Why are some of the forum members jumping on the negative instead of praising the positive traits of this rig? Kind of sad that my intention of learning more exciting things about the Bronco has turned out into “ prove it” posts.

Would it be possible for members here to share some of the things that makes this an exciting vehicle? Thank you!
Frankly, it pretty much made everything I did easy. It was really weird. I've had multiple wranglers and cherokees but this was just super easy. Doing high speed runs across the desert (well, high speed for me, like 55-60 MPH), I never felt like the bronco was anywhere near its capability. Driving down sketchy trails with loose rock, not a problem. It was really sure footed.

Cruising at 60 across washboard was comfortable. It just ate up the bumps and the shocks just kept working the whole time.

The air conditioner was COLD! I nearly froze myself out. The seat was super comfy. I was not tired after spending hours out in the desert doing stupid things. I turned back because I didn't want to run out of gas, but could have just kept on driving.

I really like it.

All three of the vehicles you listed are great. The bronco was the first vehicle I've ever owned that I never drove until I took delivery, so I was a little nervous about that, but so far, it's been pretty great. I have a couple of trim problems, but the dealer is repairing those under warranty, so no big deal. I've had no issues mechanically or electrically so far.

But I have lots of time to develop them! It's a mechanical device built by humans, so there will be problems. I'm not unrealistic about that, but I do enjoy driving it off road.

My main drawback right now is there is very limited aftermarket for it. It's like when I got my first JK and they were new. It was a desert for parts - TJ parts for days, no JK parts to be found. That'll sort itself out over time, but there are a few things I'd like to do to it, but just need to wait. Guess it'll give me time to save some money. :)

OP
OP
ollie

ollie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The very most exciting thing is my Wife likes it!!

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The very most exciting thing is my Wife likes it!!
Haha, my wife likes it plenty as long as I keep the top on. I had the top open on the freeway with her the other day and I think she got possessed by a spirit or something. I put the top back on before she started puking pea soup while her head did 360s because that would be a mess to clean up.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ollie

ollie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My main drawback right now is there is very limited aftermarket for it. It's like when I got my first JK and they were new. It was a desert for parts - TJ parts for days, no JK parts to be found. That'll sort itself out over time, but there are a few things I'd like to do to it, but just need to wait. Guess it'll give me time to save some money. :)
I can’t wait to see suspension companies, rock sliders, and skid plates!!

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Um, Rangers overheating. Didn't know that. I've been a member of the Ranger5g forum since 2018, and own a '20 Ranger now. I haven't heard, or read of any overheating issues. Can you tell me what's causing the problem, and I'll pass it on to the others.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

People merely asked you to substantiate a fairly bold claim made in your original post.

I don't think that's all that much to ask for.

OP
OP
ollie

ollie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
People merely asked you to substantiate a fairly bold claim made in your original post.

I don't think that's all that much to ask for.
All I have is my word and experience. It's not my style to "substantiate" what I have found to be true. It's no different than someone getting in a political argument.

I have not seen anyone being questioned on what they document or experienced to be something positive about the Bronco. Can you imagine a member comes on here to praise his/hers Bronco's (fill in the blank) and someone posts up: Can you send a link, can you show documentation, etc. Quite frankly it would be silly.

I'm not asking ChrisD to prove how his Bronco stayed cool in 110 degree heat in the desert. I'll take the gentlemen for his word. Just like I took my friends and longtime trusted mechanics at theirs.

I'm actually looking forward to the good and negative traits of this new Bronco. So far it looks to be just a few teething issues that need to be ironed out.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, look at all 'em F150s with 2.7L engines overheating y'all. So. Documented.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My suggestion is to read the forum instead of asking us to prove the Bronco is exciting.

OP
OP
ollie

ollie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have my choices narrowed down to either 4Runner, Bronco, or Wrangler. In that Order. I have ridden/driven in both the 4Runners and Wranglers. Not the Bronco.

I do have to say after seeing the Bronco in person and all the innovative technology, It makes for a very exciting and capable rig. Unfortunately, all the documented issues with overheating, hard top/rear tailgate rattles, electronic issues, etc, have given a black eye to Fords rollout of this 6th generation model. OTOH, we do have to applaud Ford for working hard to get this out to the motoring public.

I am for sure not going to get this first year "generation 6" model. I have the luxury of waiting a year or 2 and see if Ford and Fiat/Chrysler can catch up to Toyota in the reliability department.

That being said, there is no denying the chassis (similar to Ranger) and motor (2.7 liter V6) of the Bronco are already tried and true. Also the various suspension/wheel configurations and electronic aids for off road are really nice.

The direct injection some like and some don't. I personally like direct injection. With frequent 3,000 mile interval low NOAK synthetic oil changes, Injector cleaning and regular spark plug changes (50,000 mile max), the Ecoboost engines can get upwards to 200,000 miles. My sisters Ford Edge is approaching 200,000 miles with nothing more than an alternator failure.

As far as the chassis, Ford has it right. It's arguably the most durable chassis out there for this segment of vehicles. The various suspension manufacturers are going to have it easy when designing aftermarket for it.

Right now it's wait and see. I will be onboard if Ford get's their act together after this pandemic crud. And if we are honest with ourselves, ALL these manufacturers are struggling (including the Japanese) the last year due to the pandemic and work force fluctuation.

My current 16 year old rig has another 5-10 years left in it and is more than capable for my use until I get a modern 4WD with low range and body on frame.
Just FYI, 2.7 is direct and port injected. Depending on the motor, the Edge may be port too. We have a 2011 with the 3.5 non turbo and it’s port, same as our 3.5 Explorer. Toyota will have a new 4Runner in 23, so although Toyota is mostly reliable, it will be untested as well. This forum nitpicks like crazy (as most do). I think you will find the quality issues are generally less common and problematic in actual ownership than the forums would lead you to believe. That being said, my top is very problematic, no doubt. Good luck and enjoy the process of watching until you pull the trigger!

OP
OP
ollie

ollie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just FYI, 2.7 is direct and port injected.
I forgot to mention that Toyotas are the same. I'm also a big fan of straight direct injected motors such as Subaru and others.

I do have a prediction that a lot more manufacturers will be going straight injection in the near future. The fuel economy and power to be had with direct injection is amazing. For now the tried and true 2.7 and 3.5 Eco Boost motors are a smart choice to get these new Fords rolling off the assembly line.

Now if Ford would only make the 3.5 option for the Bronco. I will tell you the Wrangler with a 392 Hemi motor is a hard argument to pass up.....
Sponsored