Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I gotta quit visiting the B6G forum. Seeing all these people roll up in the dealerships and just buy one after Ive been waiting over a year and now been pushed to MY22 just pisses me off even more.
You have that option as well.
Sponsored

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. I feel for you guys. The only reason I got mine, at the very end of my 24/7 non stop week long search is mainly because it was a custom order that the customer backed out of. On one hand yes I drove 5 min away from home to see it, there it was, and I bought it all in a few hours. Easiest fastest car deal I ever did. However, I spent the week prior searching, finding, and applying for loan after loan. But something always came up and deal fell through. If anyone tired of waiting and wants a new silver black diamond model at a decent price...let me know. Anyway, It was my last attempt, it was the only one they had, it exceeded our needs, so I bought it. Lucky and providential.

I also want to clarify the price tag on mine, in general. This bronco arrived stock with msrp around 47K. Then a ton of nice mods were added (parts, shipping, tax, labor to install parts correctly). Plus a 3yr/36 + 6yr/100 warranty(s) by dealer and install group on all aftermarket stuff. Plus CA state tax, tag etc. Plus additional warrantys (extended + gap). I also didn't have to wait a year for it (done that in 2012 with my Raptor and massive delay bc of xyz + I had to fly 1K miles to buy it and drive it 1K miles back home). Nope. Not again.

Nor did I have to pay out of pocket for aftermarket parts or install fee on bronco. Ive installed and paid to install hundreds of car parts. Nope. Time with family and extra cash in pocket more important.

Plus I have it in my garage. Deal is done. Bronco is ready to rock vs guys still waiting to pay MSRP and dreaming it night arrive or worrying it might not. F all that.

Plus a stock tacoma cost 50K+ these days (too high) vs this beast cost a bit more if modified. Yes, Absoluetly my bronco is worth every dime I paid nor was it too much. In fact, after all figures factored, I technically "only" overpaid around 5K or so for it..which financed over time is nothing. This deal was a combination of what you know and who you know. All the stars aligned. Smooth end to end. Rare in car biz. Im in the car biz btw.

Lastly. One of my brothers died of covid recently (not looking for sympathy here) so the whole waiting around to enjoy life crap can go suck an egg.

You guys waiting patiently will love your broncos. Just hang in there. Christmas not far away.
So did you drive it any with the stock SAS suspension and 35's? if so how does it drive now with the 4WP coilovers and larger tires? Ride smoother? worse? what about steering? take more effort? still easy to keep on the road?

finally, how does the 4 cylinder handle the 37's?

Sponsored

pandapaul

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

which financed over time is nothing
5k financed over time is more than 5k. I know you know this. Just a gentle reminder from one Bronco owner to another. I don't blame you in the least for buying yourself a Bronco and paying some extra. It looks badass. Congrats and welcome.

Edit: But the post title with the whole sold the farm loljknoIdidn't thing is weird and I don't like it. But yeah. Welcome aboard.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There was a lot of pearl clutching and couch fainting a week or so ago when your particular Bronco was posted as being for sale at the dealership. A quick pencil whip of the parts (15k), labor, Cali tax, and OHP got within a couple thousand of the dealerships asking price. The rest is the cost of not having to wait. Enjoy your Bronco and let us know what you think of the 37's and how the 4wp set-up handles off road.

OP
OP

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So did you drive it any with the stock SAS suspension and 35's? if so how does it drive now with the 4WP coilovers and larger tires? Ride smoother? worse? what about steering? take more effort? still easy to keep on the road?

finally, how does the 4 cylinder handle the 37's?
Sorry again so many folks on here got butt hurt over the "family farm" comment. Gee wiz. And again, I did in a way sell the "fam farm" to get this deal done but those details are for me and me only.

Moving on. I hope lol. I did not get a chance to drive a stock badlands model. I almost did, but we backed out then it sold before I could get back the next day to drive it (this was at another local dealer).

The ride is great considering tire size and suspension mods. The springs auto adjust nicely but might soften them up just a touch. I can now smash all pot holes etc. in my area AND IT FEELS GREAT!! :) It's easy to keep on the road unlike a wrangler with these same mods.

Road noise not bad, and that's with a soft top. Highway driving is fine up to about 75-80. Anything over that you notice the 37s (naturally) and wind noise also slowly picks up on the soft top once you hit about 80. But I love the soft top and overall its very comfortable and quiet. After having an OLD soft top on my '91 Jeep Renegade, the "soft top" (if you want to call it that) in bronco is no comparison. If my old Jeep could handle sitting outdoors and holding 2ft of Colorado snow on it's soft top year after year...the bronco soft top sitting in my garage should do great. Anyway, sorry for soft top ramble. Talking about road noise and it came up.

The 4cyl engine works great. This coming from someone who has driven, prefers, and owned many fast powerful vehicles. I was skeptical about the 4 banger. I wanted the V6 but couldn't locate one. If I did find a V6, it was an automatic and I just couldn't buy a vehicle of this offroad caliber with an automatic trans. Plus Inline engines better for consistent hi revs vs a V6. So I "settled" for the 4Cyl and Couldn't be happier. Plus it's lighter which is better for steep trail riding (no sliding up front).

Considering vehicle weight with the added mods + tire size + high heat where I live + low octane fuel dealer used to fill it + AC on+++...the 4Cyl engine is fabulous. If you plan a lot of offroad adventures, go with the INLINE 4 CYL with the MANUAL TRANS!! It's not a rocket ship or anything, but plenty of pep with pretty long gears (my old jeep and FJ cruiser manual trans gears where so much shorter and more work to drive around).

After better gas, throttle lag eliminator, drop in air filter and cooler weather the 4Cyl should be even better. I'm not planning a bunch of performance mods. I want it to last decades AND remain covered under warranty. Only other things I might do performance wise is oil catch can, exhaust and relocate then add a new blow off valve for turbo. Plus anything to help it run cooler when it's 120+ degrees here where I live in the Summer.

The dealership also let me test drive it BEFORE I bought it which I really appreciated. Sometimes they dont on vehicles like this one. They also were cool with me driving it to my house so to see if it fit in my garage with the 37s + 3inch lift. It did. The rest as they say is history.

I hope this helps. Sorry I haven't had more time in it. Soon. If any other questions I'm happy to help any way I can.

OP
OP

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
5k financed over time is more than 5k. I know you know this. Just a gentle reminder from one Bronco owner to another. I don't blame you in the least for buying yourself a Bronco and paying some extra. It looks badass. Congrats and welcome.

Edit: But the post title with the whole sold the farm loljknoIdidn't thing is weird and I don't like it. But yeah. Welcome aboard.
Thanks dude. Ya no sh** lol on 5K being financed over time costing me more (damn interest haha). But I didn't have to take 5K cash out of my pocket all at once to make it happen and I got the vehicle I wanted rather QUICKLY. It's worth every penny and I'm very happy with the vehicle, the deal, and the dealership. That's all that matters.
Sponsored