MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Putting the parachute on before jumping out of the plane has always seemed to work for me.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A police auction interceptor... Old, tore up, and inexpensive - but generally reliable.

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 KLR 650, 2022 Bronco Base (2dr/7mt/CO)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I also sold my car at the start of the Summer when I could no longer resist rising trade-in values. I had grand plans to hold out until my order got built. I made it about a week, and then a pretty blue '96 5th gen bronco dropped onto Autotrader nearby. It's not what I'd normally daily, but I've really enjoyed driving it around and fixing it up. Might be hard to part with once the new one finally comes in...

Sooo... you could get a bronco so you can enjoy a bronco while you wait for your bronco. Win/win....

Sponsored
OP
OP
Glen

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A police auction interceptor... Old, tore up, and inexpensive - but generally reliable.
I allways liked the blues brothers.

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Get NC2 or NC3 Miata, you will love it, your wife may love it even more and you get to drive the RR more often! it's not expensive, sells like iced lemonade on a hot summer day.

20210425_134259-02.jpeg

OP
OP
Glen

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Get NC2 or NC3 Miata, you will love it, your wife may love it even more and you get to drive the RR more often! it's not expensive, sells like iced lemonade on a hot summer day.

Ford Bronco I sold my car yesterday. NOW WHAT? 20210425_134259-02
I never even knew those existed. Nice looking.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let’s assume you’re looking at a year wait, so whatever you buy needs to work all 4 seasons. Resale on new jeeps is high enough that you could buy one now and drive it for a year without losing too much, same thing for a Tacoma if you could find one. If you can find a soft top 4 door Bronco somewhere for MSRP you could drive it until your order comes in and sell it. In the used market, everything desirable is ridiculously priced. Yesterday my dealer offered me $25K for a pretty beat up 2019 1500 crew cab, in an average market that truck would be in the teens at best. I traded in a 2017 of the same truck in better condition back in January and only got $15,500.

For beaters, nothing beats a used Toyota sedan. A close second would be a used panther body like a Crown vic or Grand Marquee.
I pulled the trigger on a new Tacoma TRD Pro back in June with the intention of flipping when the Bronco gets here.

I check auto trader and local listings every once in a while to keep an eye on market value, and with 5,000 miles, they are going for $10-15k over sticker. This market is nuts! Plus, I get to off-road while I wait.

Ford Bronco I sold my car yesterday. NOW WHAT? 1632624636452

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

20210425_134259-02.jpeg
As much as I hate to disagree... The a late NA or early NB Miata are the ones to get!!!!

Why?!? Because reasons....

BTW, I was a little hard on the old 10th Anniversary Edition Miata.

unnamed.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: