Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't need to be fancy. It's just a hold over so I would find a beater that I could pay cash for and get roughly the same amount of cash back for it when the Bronco comes
Sponsored

harperrb

Wildtrak
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I sold my Lincoln suv yesterday. I had an offer I did not want to pass up. My wife has her new Range Rover, my boys have thier cars. I sold my Mustang GT a couple months back. Now I am down to my 1952 M38. I didnt even get to order MY22 Bronco yet. So, what do I buy? I need something to hold me over. Its ironic and funny. Anyone else here in the same spot as me? In my 50 years of driving, never been in this spot. 😂
Sold my Jeep back at the height of the used car prices in June, expecting the Bronco to arrive somewhere in July (6/28 blend).

It was my only vehicle.

Been without a vehicle for four months.

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Buy a bicycle? Seriously though, I would just wait until you get your bronco if you can. If not buy a beater. Or something you normally wouldn’t consider. We have a two door mini copper convertible. Great ride for the city.

colobronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sold my car on Thursday, 2017 Mazda 3 hatchback for $19,500. I only paid $21k out the door 4 years ago. Used market be crazy. But my bronco is shipped and hoping it arrives when I get back from vacation.

Lazarus327

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got an offer on my 2014 FJ Cruiser in July that I just couldn't pass up, but it left my wife and I as a 1-car family (2018 Mazda CX-9). I'm an early morning 2nd day reservation and at the time I sold my FJ I had a build week of 9/13 after 4 other date bumps and I was confident that the fifth time would be the charm!! o_O I'm currently behind door #3 in the Bronco sweepstakes - I have a VIN but not yet built - hoping to have mine by end of year.

In our case all the kids are gone and we both work from home. When I travel out of town by car I get a rental reimbursed by the client. We've been surprised at how easy it's been to adapt. But, we really do have a good situation for doing this.

So if you want a temporary daily driver my suggestion has to be a pickup at a price point you can live with. Pickups really tend to hold their value. Good luck my friend! See ya on the trail!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Glen

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
your 50 and

just ride your tampon
Bud, thats a fuked up thing to say.
I sold my car a year ago. You're just screwed.
Buy a bicycle? Seriously though, I would just wait until you get your bronco if you can. If not buy a beater. Or something you normally wouldn’t consider. We have a two door mini copper convertible. Great ride for the city.
I actually do bike ten miles a day. Health reasons. Winters on the way. So looking for a junker just to get around. Thanks. 👍

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let’s assume you’re looking at a year wait, so whatever you buy needs to work all 4 seasons. Resale on new jeeps is high enough that you could buy one now and drive it for a year without losing too much, same thing for a Tacoma if you could find one. If you can find a soft top 4 door Bronco somewhere for MSRP you could drive it until your order comes in and sell it. In the used market, everything desirable is ridiculously priced. Yesterday my dealer offered me $25K for a pretty beat up 2019 1500 crew cab, in an average market that truck would be in the teens at best. I traded in a 2017 of the same truck in better condition back in January and only got $15,500.

For beaters, nothing beats a used Toyota sedan. A close second would be a used panther body like a Crown vic or Grand Marquee.

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bud, thats a fuked up thing to say.

I actually do bike ten miles a day. Health reasons. Winters on the way. So looking for a junker just to get around. Thanks. 👍
I wasn’t judging, just kidding. That’s awesome about the bike. I have a great bike I never use as I am mostly walking dog.

how about a used gen 3 Toyota 4 runner?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Glen

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Doesn't need to be fancy. It's just a hold over so I would find a beater that I could pay cash for and get roughly the same amount of cash back for it when the Bronco comes
Exactly my thoughts. 👍

OP
OP
Glen

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I got an offer on my 2014 FJ Cruiser in July that I just couldn't pass up, but it left my wife and I as a 1-car family (2018 Mazda CX-9). I'm an early morning 2nd day reservation and at the time I sold my FJ I had a build week of 9/13 after 4 other date bumps and I was confident that the fifth time would be the charm!! o_O I'm currently behind door #3 in the Bronco sweepstakes - I have a VIN but not yet built - hoping to have mine by end of year.

In our case all the kids are gone and we both work from home. When I travel out of town by car I get a rental reimbursed by the client. We've been surprised at how easy it's been to adapt. But, we really do have a good situation for doing this.

So if you want a temporary daily driver my suggestion has to be a pickup at a price point you can live with. Pickups really tend to hold their value. Good luck my friend! See ya on the trail!
Thanks buddy. I am looking for something just to get me around. Like you say, see you on the trail. 👍

OP
OP
Glen

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wasn’t judging, just kidding. That’s awesome about the bike. I have a great bike I never use as I am mostly walking dog.

how about a used gen 3 Toyota 4 runner?
Thanks. Something will show up, car wise. We walk to. Besides biking. 3 miles every other day. I dont want to hear from my doc "you got diabetes". Thats why walking and biking, light exercise. You get older theres new things to deal with. 😂
Sponsored