Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
save your self lots of money.
Get a 2020 F350 XLt FX4 with towing package and Heavy front end. That’s all you need.
anything more go aftermarket
Ford Bronco I think I’ve narrowed down my 2020 Super Duty build DADFD175-B9C3-4256-9F9E-EDC19CAA3877

OP
OP

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
save your self lots of money.
Get a 2020 F350 XLt FX4 with towing package and Heavy front end. That’s all you need.
anything more go aftermarket
Ford Bronco I think I’ve narrowed down my 2020 Super Duty build DADFD175-B9C3-4256-9F9E-EDC19CAA3877
Love the Xlt, only problem is I can’t stand cloth seats in anything.
Need at least XL with STX package with vinyl and 7.3 V8 with 10 speed at a minimum.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Love the Xlt, only problem is I can’t stand cloth seats in anything.
Need at least XL with STX package with vinyl and 7.3 V8 with 10 speed at a minimum.
Its pretty cheap to get seats aftermarket vs paying for them at the dealer

some dealers will even install them for you.
ive seen base model f350 with leather seat and wheel from dealer aftermarket

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately, you have to drop the big bucks to look at :

LED headlights ---- Lariat Ultimate or KR or Platinum
Adaptive cruise --- Lariat Ultimate or above
20" wheel , which gives you a 34.3" tire (35's) ---- Lariat or higher, assuming you don't want the full on Tremor with 35.1" tires

Sponsored
OP
OP

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unfortunately, you have to drop the big bucks to look at :

LED headlights ---- Lariat Ultimate or KR or Platinum
Adaptive cruise --- Lariat Ultimate or above
20" wheel , which gives you a 34.3" tire (35's) ---- Lariat or higher, assuming you don't want the full on Tremor with 35.1" tires
led lights are kickass, I really want those.
I’ve decided I will remain a gasser man and am going to most likely get the 7.3.
Simpler to work on, cheaper maintenance, overall lighter truck and I’ve had great luck with gasser motors.

I’ve found the problems with lariat... (about $67k)
1) Can’t get camper package (overide leafs In the rear, heavier springs up front and anti sway bar in the rear). And get the 20” wheels upgrade. So I’d have to lose out on the camper package to get the 20’s.

2) cant select chrome package (nicer look with chrome door handles, wheels, tail pipe and mirror caps) and also select power fold running boards. Power fold running boards are a must have for me so I’d have to live without all the nice shiny chrome..

was debating on an STX but just don’t want that work truck bench seat. When spending that kind of money I want a nice interior with center console.

king ranch I can get everything like I want it but have to get some options I couldn’t care less about and have to spend $72k for a gasser wich is insane.
Pro trailer backup assist- who cares
Bed lighting, who cares that’s what cargo lights are for.
Crash detection with brake assist- yuk!
Some dumb plates bolted into the bed for accessories I’ll never buy.

could go platinum but that’s even more money.

I’m almost to the point of making contact with a dealer to start the Negotiation/order process and then this corona virus gets everybody in a panic. Makes me a little skittish to get a fat 5 year loan right now so not sure what I’m doing. I definitely don’t want to go waste some dealers time if I’m just going to end up sitting on the fence a while longer so I guess I just wait this out a bit until I’m ready to pull the trigger.

Last edited:

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
…….is it not all it's cracked up to be.....is there better coming for the 7.3? is it going to be discounted heavily or something due to over-production? WTH man you can't just leave us hanging, I've heard nothing but good things!

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol, I deleted my nonsense as soon as I saw your post ... ChrispyKC is on point with his replys today!

Thanks for the update.

OP
OP

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok just a quick update. My truck (ordered in May) has finally arrived!
So far I’m liking it.
One thing that completely threw me off and was totally unexpected is the sound. I have watched DOZENS and DOZENS of videos of superduties with the new 7.3 gasser, I have also test drove two of them myself back before I ordered. In all of them the exhaust sounded great. They sound even greater when cold started. To my surprise, my truck showed up so quiet you can barely hear it run. Even when you rev it it’s still crazy quiet. I’m not sure I want to do anything to the exhaust, it’s kinda nice how stealthy quiet it is but damn! It has no sound!
Anyway, I figured I’d be the first person to post online that Ford has DEFINITELY changed the exhaust on this thing.
I am wondering if it’s a 2021 exhaust change as my truck has a build date of August and might be the new exhaust planned for late 2020 and all 2021 models.

Anyway it’s a 7.3 Lariat F350 with Sport pkg, lariat value pkg, FX4, and 4:30 locking gear ratio and here’s a quick pic I took when leaving the dealer.

09E0EA82-68C5-482D-92B8-55E98D47FBF0.jpeg
Sponsored