First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is a great thread being what some are not even thinking about is how the odds are the Bronco will go Electric😂. I mean come on Ford is already building Electric vehicles so its a no brainer the Bronco will be a Electric vehicle sooner than later. Hell Ford offers a Electric Crate motor for any EV lovers out there🥸
Sponsored

OP
OP
ahobie17

ahobie17

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Toyota 4x4, 79 Chevrolet C10, 07 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
why do people feel the need to show their cowardly true self behind the confines and anonymity of a keyboard...to attack someone on a forum..so childish...forums are open for all sorts of discussion no reason to be assholes about it.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

why do people feel the need to attack someone on a forum..so childish...forums are open for all sorts of discussion no reason to be assholes about it.
Don't take it personally, Ford has put us through the emotional ringer and this is kind of a hostile place lately.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your EV concerns are totally exaggerated. ICE will be with us for a long time. Fuel prices are a result of the “ current” situation. Finally, the long black station wagon that takes you on your final ride only gets 14 mpg, so live it up while you can. It’s only gas. BTW, if you think the cost of electricity won’t skyrocket as the demand created by EV’s increases , then you really are in for a rude awakening.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish more people would leave… then I would get mine faster (ish) maybe
I’m in that boat and train of thought with you brother!

This trendy stuff is the pits. Every time I see a pic of a Bronco up on 20” pretty boI wheels I get so stirring mad, I just can’t explain it.

Not that they can’t have one, but let me get mine for actual wheeling first please!

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Look at some other vehicles that you would think get good gas mileage.

Kia Sportage AWD 21 mpg
Chevy Blazer AWD V6 21 mpg
Volkswagen Tiguan 4cyl 24 mpg
Mazda CX-9 4WD 4cyl 23 mpg
Hyundai Tucson AWD 4cyl 23 mpg

All of these are much more aerodynamic and lighter than a Bronco. And don't get that much better mileage.

Just sayin.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Same. 16.4. I think the 4.7s mixed with the aerodynamics of a 5000lb brick aren't doing us any favors.
Yep......Car manufacturers have always overgeared to get better mpg ratings. Real world they probably get worst since you have to mash the throttle that much more to get the same performance as shorter gears.

Sponsored

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
why do people feel the need to show their cowardly true self behind the confines and anonymity of a keyboard...to attack someone on a forum..so childish...forums are open for all sorts of discussion no reason to be assholes about it.
Unfortunately, this is very true. A lot of people are total ass hats on the internet. Everyone’s circumstances are different. If you’re looking at having one vehicle and you have a commute or do a lot of driving, then something that gets better mileage makes sense. I “daily” drive my Bronco, but I drive like 8 miles a day. If I’m going any further than that, I take my EV. There are also a lot of really old school folks on here that just hate EVs for personal/political reasons. I love EVs (the good ones) and I love regular cars. I’ve never seen the need to be so tribalistic about it. That said, I think a lot of what has been said on here is true. We are just starting the transition to EVs. Think of the network of gas stations. It will still take decades to get to that point with charge stations and most large scale manufacturers still have new gas and hybrid power trains in development. You have a while before gas power trains are obsolete. I expect it will be after I’m gone and I’m not really that old😆. At any rate, do what seems right to you, but Broncos are really cool. Don’t miss out because you’re worried about EVs.

Wade Garrett

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FiST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Please, EV’s are going to fall flat on their faces when impressionable idiots realize how much more they are paying to energize their vehicle on a kW/dollar figure 😆

Oh, and let’s not mention the unsustainable “free” charging stations throughout the country.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was very enthused and excited about the idea of buying a 2drBronco Badlands, v6. I haven't had a new vehicle since the 93 Toyota which I recently sold for $250 less than what I bought it for..... but my excitement has died down over time...what is killing it for me are a few issues I just can't get arround.......18mph and 20 hwy mpg for the V6..REALLY that's abysmal!!!! a manual tranny would help. Get the MPG up to 24-26 hwy might change my mind,,,but 20 mpg is terrible. Then for me there is this complete push by the US government to go to EV's, what's gonna happen to gas prices??? Is the Government gonna cause gas prices to go up to push... Ev's on the population as a whole...I have a feeling they will. So buying a gas guzzling vehicle which has a power train which is being phased out just doesn't seem like a smart way to drop $50K on a vehicle....I just can't do it....If for some reason I change my mind it will still be there for me to buy, but since I own vehicles for a long time, I just can't see dropping $50K on something which is trying to be phased out......
And a good day to you sir!

Seriously - good luck on finding your next vehicle. Glad you didn't make a mistake and purchase something that wouldn't meet your expectations.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was very enthused and excited about the idea of buying a 2drBronco Badlands, v6. I haven't had a new vehicle since the 93 Toyota which I recently sold for $250 less than what I bought it for..... but my excitement has died down over time...what is killing it for me are a few issues I just can't get arround.......18mph and 20 hwy mpg for the V6..REALLY that's abysmal!!!! a manual tranny would help. Get the MPG up to 24-26 hwy might change my mind,,,but 20 mpg is terrible. Then for me there is this complete push by the US government to go to EV's, what's gonna happen to gas prices??? Is the Government gonna cause gas prices to go up to push... Ev's on the population as a whole...I have a feeling they will. So buying a gas guzzling vehicle which has a power train which is being phased out just doesn't seem like a smart way to drop $50K on a vehicle....I just can't do it....If for some reason I change my mind it will still be there for me to buy, but since I own vehicles for a long time, I just can't see dropping $50K on something which is trying to be phased out......
An off road SUV, designed for fun, with removable top and doors, likely won't meet your MPG needs.

EDIT: I too plan to keep my Bronco for a long time and when the motor shits out, I will look at an EV retrofit. In 7-10 years, I think there will be quite a few options, maybe even tax rebates for retrofits. 😁

Last edited:

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

sense you said your last new vehicle was a 1993 then a take it you no spring chicken and most of the gas vehicle bans well be long after you stop driving and gas been going up all the time in your lifetime anyways .
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.