Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford Bronco, 1968 Buick Riviera GS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was very enthused and excited about the idea of buying a 2drBronco Badlands, v6. I haven't had a new vehicle since the 93 Toyota which I recently sold for $250 less than what I bought it for..... but my excitement has died down over time...what is killing it for me are a few issues I just can't get arround.......18mph and 20 hwy mpg for the V6..REALLY that's abysmal!!!! a manual tranny would help. Get the MPG up to 24-26 hwy might change my mind,,,but 20 mpg is terrible. Then for me there is this complete push by the US government to go to EV's, what's gonna happen to gas prices??? Is the Government gonna cause gas prices to go up to push... Ev's on the population as a whole...I have a feeling they will. So buying a gas guzzling vehicle which has a power train which is being phased out just doesn't seem like a smart way to drop $50K on a vehicle....I just can't do it....If for some reason I change my mind it will still be there for me to buy, but since I own vehicles for a long time, I just can't see dropping $50K on something which is trying to be phased out......
Ford Bronco I think I'm out..... why-me-facepalm
Sponsored

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great, one more out means I'm one step closer. Oh, wait, allocations.....

texashoya

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My plan is to drive this Bronco until they roll out a hybrid, and then swap for that (assuming they make it in Eruption Green!).

In the meantime, Iā€™m considering trading my current gas guzzler (BMW X5) for an electric Mini Cooper for around town/short tripsā€¦

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was very enthused and excited about the idea of buying a 2drBronco Badlands, v6. I haven't had a new vehicle since the 93 Toyota which I recently sold for $250 less than what I bought it for..... but my excitement has died down over time...what is killing it for me are a few issues I just can't get arround.......18mph and 20 hwy mpg for the V6..REALLY that's abysmal!!!! a manual tranny would help. Get the MPG up to 24-26 hwy might change my mind,,,but 20 mpg is terrible. Then for me there is this complete push by the US government to go to EV's, what's gonna happen to gas prices??? Is the Government gonna cause gas prices to go up to push... Ev's on the population as a whole...I have a feeling they will. So buying a gas guzzling vehicle which has a power train which is being phased out just doesn't seem like a smart way to drop $50K on a vehicle....I just can't do it....If for some reason I change my mind it will still be there for me to buy, but since I own vehicles for a long time, I just can't see dropping $50K on something which is trying to be phased out......
you seriously think that USA will move away from gas in your life time:ROFLMAO: stop watching CNN. It will change in 3 more yrs and then again in 4yr if there is another flip and so on and so on. If you want that kinda MPG looks like your driving a sedan or small and I mean small truck my Tacoma only gets 19 mpg. As for only getting 20 MPGI think tha great MPG for a vehicle on 35's with 300 horses. MY buddy with 16 Tacoma on 35,s gets 12MPG at best with 50 plus less horse power. reason i'm buying Bronco instead of moving truck for 35's

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someoneā€™s always announcing things in Internet forums.
Iā€™m out due to mpg.
Iā€™m out due to allocations and the long wait.
Iā€™m never buying a ford againā€¦ā€¦..
After I get my bronco.
It was worth the wait! Continue waiting until 2023 for yours!

etc, etc.

Sponsored

Deleted member 13702

you seriously think that USA will move away from gas in your life time:ROFLMAO: stop watching CNN. It will change in 3 more yrs and then again in 4yr if there is another flip and so on and so on. If you want that kinda MPG looks like your driving a sedan or small and I mean small truck my Tacoma only gets 19 mpg. As for only getting 20 MPGI think tha great MPG for a vehicle on 35's with 300 horses. MY buddy with 16 Tacoma on 35,s gets 12MPG at best with 50 plus less horse power. reason i'm buying Bronco instead of moving truck for 35's
This isnā€™t wrong, but I think if the OP goes with a Jeep 4XE he might get everything heā€™s looking for.

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My plan is to drive this Bronco until they roll out a hybrid, and then swap for that (assuming they make it in Eruption Green!).

In the meantime, Iā€™m considering trading my current gas guzzler (BMW X5) for an electric Mini Cooper for around town/short tripsā€¦
This is pretty much my thought too. If they made a hybrid Bronco, I would have ordered that. As it is, Iā€™m giving serious thought to switching to one of the Powerboost F-150ā€™s and waiting on a Bronco.

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Oopsā€¦the dreaded double post.

Aviboy97

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Youā€™re talking about a 5,000 brick with 400ft-lbs of tq. What do you expect? Also, manual transmissions havenā€™t been more efficient than automatics in years due to numerous gears (10 in the Bronco)

Go buy a Prius. Sorryā€¦..

FYI, Iā€™m getting 17.4 in my V6 and only got 19 in my CX-9 w/ 2.3L turbo. All good with me, all things considered

Mass population driving EVā€™s is a loooong way away. Range, affordability, charging capability are all issues.

Wade Garrett

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FiST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There is not enough electric producing infrastructure to go all EV's. Not going to happen because it CAN'T happen. It's all talk and bullshit. The ONLY way to go all EV is to dramatically expand nuclear, which based on tremendously misinformed public opinion is also not going to happen any time in the foreseeable future. I have driven Jeeps for over 25 years, so I think 18-20 mpg is great. It's all perspective. If you want a truck to pull your RV, mileage is a side issue or non-issue. If you want a full frame off road truck to go have fun with, mileage isn't an issue either.

Here's another way to look at mileage. This is true when thinking about boats. It isn't the overall mileage that is the issue, it's the DIFFERENCE in mileage between the choices we are considering. For example, a few years ago when I was buying another boat, choice was single or twin engines. When I figured the difference in fuel costs between the two, not the overall costs, the difference for any trip or weekend was insignificant in the overall cost and experience, so screw it, get the twins. Same here, so the Bronco gets 20 mpg, and you want 24 mpg. What's the cost difference in the miles you'll likely drive it for any trip or time period? Does that cost difference matter if you are able to have and do the things you want to do?

Quick calculation based on 1000 miles and $4 a gallon, difference between 20 mpg and 24 mpg is $33. Is that enough to decide to get or not get a vehicle?
Facts.

If anyone is buying a Bronco with MPG concerns then theyā€™re doing it wrong.

Sponsored

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This isnā€™t wrong, but I think if the OP goes with a Jeep 4XE he might get everything heā€™s looking for.
I am COO with anyone getting any vehicle they want its their money, But don't go on a vehicle specific website and write nonsense for reasons your not getting a Bronco. Don't get me started on the MPG thing either, buy a sedan if you want good MPG. More HP = less MPG its just that simple you can't have bother. For all you electric car people out there its about 22,000 to 24,000 for battery change and they last less then 10 yrs. Do the math Gas is cheaper and for you climate people, that electric doesn't just make it self ok done with that rant

Austin Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same. 16.4. I think the 4.7s mixed with the aerodynamics of a 5000lb brick aren't doing us any favors.
Iā€™m averaging 17.5mpg with the 2.3, auto, SAS. Pretty solid if you ask me.

fundelay

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Unicorn Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is a toy, not a daily driver. I'm way in!

Last edited:

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Know the market, friend. Itā€™s a heavy 4wd thatā€™s shaped like a loaf of bread, there was never any chance it was going to be great with fuel economy. If youā€™re in the market for a Bronco and worried about MPG youā€™re unfortunately in the wrong market. Should be concerned with smiles per gallon not miles per gallon. Seems pretty clear this is not a good choice for you.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.