First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think your a little high on your replacement cost of the battery. Tesla, for a full battery change with parts and labor is approx. $12,000. That’s after the 8 year 100,000 mile warranty on the battery. Your entitled to your opinion on electric, however I wouldn’t be surprised if the Bronco went all hybrid and electric with no ICE engine in the next 5 years.

While I personally don’t think going all electric on every vehicle is viable in the US. I certainly think there is a case for hybrid, which allows for more TQ, better fuel economy and increased range.

New technologies are coming out constantly which will only improve on this, while also hopefully making battery technology lighter and more environmentally friendly.
A co worker's Tesla crapped out and they quote him 22k and some change and it was 9yrs old so either they tried to screw him or he lied to me. He just walked away from the car. I am sure that tech will advance at some point to where its as cheap or cheaper but I doubt it will be in my life time but you never know. Still a lot of big money in oil and I don't think the oil Billionares what to share any pieces of the pie just yet. So until the oil guys have a controlling share of EV tech I just don't see them letting it happen
Sponsored

Roman_bmw335i

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was very enthused and excited about the idea of buying a 2drBronco Badlands, v6. I haven't had a new vehicle since the 93 Toyota which I recently sold for $250 less than what I bought it for..... but my excitement has died down over time...what is killing it for me are a few issues I just can't get arround.......18mph and 20 hwy mpg for the V6..REALLY that's abysmal!!!! a manual tranny would help. Get the MPG up to 24-26 hwy might change my mind,,,but 20 mpg is terrible. Then for me there is this complete push by the US government to go to EV's, what's gonna happen to gas prices??? Is the Government gonna cause gas prices to go up to push... Ev's on the population as a whole...I have a feeling they will. So buying a gas guzzling vehicle which has a power train which is being phased out just doesn't seem like a smart way to drop $50K on a vehicle....I just can't do it....If for some reason I change my mind it will still be there for me to buy, but since I own vehicles for a long time, I just can't see dropping $50K on something which is trying to be phased out......
What makes you think the electricity won't go up like crazy down the line? Since that's where the money will be? Also I still belive hydrogen will be the future. I cant see everything be on electricity, imagine a storm and you are stock for weeks without power. Imagine how much power will be used all around the world? We can't even produce enough electricity today for what we use, we have to buy from Canada, and here they want everything go electric.

Dave-O

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150/Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don’t get it….what kind of gas mileage were you hoping for? I’m sure it’s been said a 100 times already but sheesh. 4500-5000+ lb brick with 4wd. Even as a hybrid I doubt it would ever manage 30mpg unless it’s a “plug in hybrid” even then if you don’t charge it, you’ll be lucky to see 25.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would not base my decision on the future of fuels. It’s smoke and mirrors the world Governments live off taxation of motor fuels. It will be a minimum of 25-30 years if even then to be gasoline free. The mandates for stop selling new ICE vehicles is still another 10-15 years away. If your buying your last vehicle for ever than whatever but the reality is the future is not even owning your own vehicle. A driverless vehicle will show up and you use it than it goes away. I truly believe the Drones are the next faze in our lifetime.
Not to mention supply side econ says gas would drop since they have no where else to sell it. If nobody wants it the price drops....

Sponsored

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

California,
You need to go green.
Also California
Ford Bronco I think I'm out..... Figures
Every body thinks ev's are great but to charge them you need fossil fuels. Hydrogen is the game changer but that would greatly reduce fossil fuel dependency

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No one has acces to lame o waymo bro.
Everyone arguing about ICE or EV is three steps behind the auto industry. Manufacturers are reconfiguring to become massive fleet sales companies with vehicles targeted to companies who will take over a very large percentage of daily commute, around town, errand and mall running, and even city-to-city and cross country driving. The vehicles you own will be your toys, your extravagances, tools for your hobbies and your work.

My daily driver since 2018 is a Waymo autonomous vehicle as a beta tester. My family of five beta tested, and now these vehicles are available to us as easily and cheaper than an Uber from our Waymo app.

I can take a Chrysler Pacifica hybrid or a Jaguar I-pace. Soon will be Land Rovers, and they have Lexus SUVs and Toyota Prius’. These vehicles will run all day and all night, returning to Service bays automatically for gas or charging or service or cleaning as needed, and be swapped out probably annually like iPhones with newer and better tech and efficiency. Parking lots will be less full of useless, stationary vehicles. Land will be reclaimed. Companies will ask for fleets based on whatever form of vehicle and energy is most efficient and useful to their customers. Three car garages will be converted to one or two cars for the family vehicle plus an exorcise room or storage.

The Bronco will be my “smiles per mile” vehicle.

Seventyfouronthefloor

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, LUBR, Chrome Yellow, 2016 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am driving a 06 Tacoma that doesn’t get any better mpg then my 04 f150 maybe 15 mpg and my wife’s 2019 tundra is lucky to get 13 mpg. If I can get 18 or so in a bronco that would be great. Oh and my 72’ bronco 170 straight 6 gets about 9 mpg.
Early Broncos get suprisingly good mileage, my ‘74 with a 1” lift on 30” tires can routinely get about 17 MPG on flat highways with no headwind (at 55-60 mph, She gets death wobbles if I take her much faster). I too have a 2006 Toyota slurper, manual 6 sp. -I swear there’s a hole in the gas tank somewhere.

If the Tacoma didn’t have 8.5 gallon storage capacity I’d take a The OL’ Bronco in a cannonball run distance race.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I get 25 mpg with my tuned 2017 Mustang GTPP Coyote on 93 octane.

Sponsored

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
15 mpg city. I REGRET NOTHING!
13-14MPG @85mph on my daily commute lately, with temps well below freezing. Filling up every other day lately. Ain't even mad.

Smiles per gallon!

My focus has sat parked in my yard ever since I got my Bronco months ago, not desire to go back to driving it.

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m over moon happy I’m with my 17-18MPG. Best MPG vehicle I’ve ever owned by 4 mpg lol

Wade Garrett

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FiST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, I've decided to keep my main Jeep, did already sell two of the others. And I just bought this. Won't need the Bronco, I'll decide for sure when it gets here....maybe, maybe not.

Ford Bronco I think I'm out..... Figures
I had a hard on for a Gladiator EcoDiesel Willys, mainly for the truck bed. But hell, it would be a $55k Jeep at the end of the day, and I have a Gen2 Lightning for a weekend cruiser. So I’ll have my truck bed if needed. It made coming back to revisit the Bronco as an option an easy choice, especially seeing how they are (allegedly) at a 3-4 month lead time.

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a hard on for a Gladiator EcoDiesel Willys, mainly for the truck bed. But hell, it would be a $55k Jeep at the end of the day, and I have a Gen2 Lightning for a weekend cruiser. So I’ll have my truck bed if needed. It made coming back to revisit the Bronco as an option an easy choice, especially seeing how they are (allegedly) at a 3-4 month lead time.
What year Lightning?

I sold my 2003 in 2014 for a whopping $14k... worst decision of my life...

Status
Not open for further replies.