Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No one has acces to lame o waymo bro.
I do, and everyone In my city does, and you’ll be surprised some day. You might not adapt to it, but the generations behind you are. In the meantime we will both be enjoying our Broncos. Love what you did with yours.
Sponsored

Reactions: Jdc

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I do, and everyone In my city does, and you’ll be surprised some day. You might not adapt to it, but the generations behind you are. In the meantime we will both be enjoying our Broncos. Love what you did with yours.
I would love to have waymo. Why isn’t it in Los Angeles. Oh bcuz it’s part of the Silicon Valley money grab. Lol. And I’m still waiting on mine. Sad emoji face

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You say that the mileage on the V6 is abysmal... Well, ya, if it was a small displacement normally aspirated V6 (like the mazda 1.8l v6), it might be.

What you have is a high performance TWIN TURBO V6 making 330 HP and 400+ ft/lbs of torque. Did you think that was going to be 35+ mpg?

Now 18-20 mpg wouldn't have been an the issue it is today with early 2020 gas prices, so I understand why it may bother you more than perhaps when you ordered it. The gas mileage isn't enough to get me to tap out, but I would have appreciated a larger tank!

BTW, around 60 MPH, I can get 24 mpg in my 2.7 Bronco on 33.5" tires.

JFelty

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My theory has always been that the worse fuel mileage a vehicle gets, the more fun you can have in that vehicle.
I drive a SHO right now and you are so correct. Nothing economical about Ecoboost :)

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was very enthused and excited about the idea of buying a 2drBronco Badlands, v6. I haven't had a new vehicle since the 93 Toyota which I recently sold for $250 less than what I bought it for..... but my excitement has died down over time...what is killing it for me are a few issues I just can't get arround.......18mph and 20 hwy mpg for the V6..REALLY that's abysmal!!!! a manual tranny would help. Get the MPG up to 24-26 hwy might change my mind,,,but 20 mpg is terrible. Then for me there is this complete push by the US government to go to EV's, what's gonna happen to gas prices??? Is the Government gonna cause gas prices to go up to push... Ev's on the population as a whole...I have a feeling they will. So buying a gas guzzling vehicle which has a power train which is being phased out just doesn't seem like a smart way to drop $50K on a vehicle....I just can't do it....If for some reason I change my mind it will still be there for me to buy, but since I own vehicles for a long time, I just can't see dropping $50K on something which is trying to be phased out......
Sounds like you just talked yourself out of ordering one….

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would love to have waymo. Why isn’t it in Los Angeles. Oh bcuz it’s part of the Silicon Valley money grab. Lol. And I’m still waiting on mine. Sad emoji face
California regulated autonomous vehicle innovators right out of the state, so they moved to Arizona to develop the tech in the real world in 2018. I see about 20 a day and ride them whenever I want. It started in Cali on a former Air Force base, and three Google millenials from San Francisco came to our house back then to accept our family into the beta test program and have us all sign non-disclosure agreements, but we are outside that agreement now.

Reactions: Jdc

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think the switch to EV’s will come sooner than everyone thinks. Range and charging is going to drastically improve over the next couple of years. When we can go 500+ miles on a single charge and recharge in less than 10 minutes, the ICE will be history 😎.
Your second sentence is true but we seem to be very far from that situation, at least for many use cases. For example, one magazine estimates the Lightning will have a range of 100 miles when towing 10k pounds. That would mean I would spend nearly as much of my day at the charging station as I would actually driving down the interstate if I'm hauling a larger trailer, especially a camper with a large wind profile. We're certainly going to see the EV trend pick up steam but I think we're decades away from anybody having to worry about finding a gas station.

The charging infrastructure will be another interesting hurtle. There will almost certainly have to be some kind of financial mechanism to incentivize charging at certain times because many areas can barely meet the current demand. The polar vortex of 2021 showed this clearly and it wasn't just Texas that rolled blackouts to survive. Fun fact, Texas was 4 minutes away from a statewide blackout before they dropped the last block of load to stabilize the frequency. Yikes!

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was very enthused and excited about the idea of buying a 2drBronco Badlands, v6. I haven't had a new vehicle since the 93 Toyota which I recently sold for $250 less than what I bought it for..... but my excitement has died down over time...what is killing it for me are a few issues I just can't get arround.......18mph and 20 hwy mpg for the V6..REALLY that's abysmal!!!! a manual tranny would help. Get the MPG up to 24-26 hwy might change my mind,,,but 20 mpg is terrible. Then for me there is this complete push by the US government to go to EV's, what's gonna happen to gas prices??? Is the Government gonna cause gas prices to go up to push... Ev's on the population as a whole...I have a feeling they will. So buying a gas guzzling vehicle which has a power train which is being phased out just doesn't seem like a smart way to drop $50K on a vehicle....I just can't do it....If for some reason I change my mind it will still be there for me to buy, but since I own vehicles for a long time, I just can't see dropping $50K on something which is trying to be phased out......
Eh

Sponsored

Bike007b

Black Diamond
First Name
KH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My 2.3 auto has been getting 24 mpg no problem. But this will be my last gas only vehicle. I hope they come out with a hybrid bronco for the next gen. I'll gladly trade in.
In ten years drop in an EV conversion.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Bronco fuel "economy" is horrific. I can't even comprehend the money some people waste on fuel. I read one guy on Facebook with a Bronco is spending $180 a week for gas. I don't spend that in a month and a half.

Both of our cars get almost 40 mpg, I wouldn't even consider a Bronco as a daily driver.

I think my 1972 Chevelle SS 402 did better, back when gas was a buck a gallon.
What was your 1972 402 CI mpg?

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if you worrieda bout MPG at all the bronco (or Jeep) is not for you. These are purpose built vehicles with low gear (poor MPG), large tires (poor MPG), body on frame (so heavier and poor MPG).

When buying a vehicle create a list of things you want that vehicle to do. Then buy the one that checks the most boxes. If Rubicon Trail and Moab are on your list, you can't buy a Prius.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Your second sentence is true but we seem to be very far from that situation, at least for many use cases. For example, one magazine estimates the Lightning will have a range of 100 miles when towing 10k pounds. That would mean I would spend nearly as much of my day at the charging station as I would actually driving down the interstate if I'm hauling a larger trailer, especially a camper with a large wind profile. We're certainly going to see the EV trend pick up steam but I think we're decades away from anybody having to worry about finding a gas station.

The charging infrastructure will be another interesting hurtle. There will almost certainly have to be some kind of financial mechanism to incentivize charging at certain times because many areas can barely meet the current demand. The polar vortex of 2021 showed this clearly and it wasn't just Texas that rolled blackouts to survive. Fun fact, Texas was 4 minutes away from a statewide blackout before they dropped the last block of load to stabilize the frequency. Yikes!
As I’ve said on another post, none of us has a crystal ball, but I think the change to EV adoption is going to come sooner than we think. Solid state batteries show tremendous promise and may only be a couple years away. Supposedly, they can go 500 to 1000 miles between charges. Also, there are chargers in development that can charge a battery to 100% in under 10 minutes. Those two possibilities are game changers. I agree, the technology has a ways to go before it’s commercially viable. I just think it’s a few years away, not decades. We live in exciting times! 😎
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.