TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ask your dealer to change your priority code. Don't stop asking until he does. If it's 99 you won't be scheduled. Of he does it before the next round of scheduling you'll be eligible to be selected.

All that said, a September Wildtrak reservation is extremely unlikely to be selected.
Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealers are not screwing anyone. They would sell you a bronco if they had one.
The dealer may not be intentionally screwing him, and with a Sep reservation it likely doesn't matter at this point, but this dealer is either intentionally misleading him or ignorant about the process.

And while I know it's frustrating to see the same question asked, everyone comes here for the first time at some point...

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
please stop giving him false hope. The dealer 99 him because it is impossible to get his build in 2021. Also we have no clue about the allocation at his dealership and where he is in line.

Ask your dealer to change your priority code. Don't stop asking until he does. If it's 99 you won't be scheduled. Of he does it before the next round of scheduling you'll be eligible to be selected.

All that said, a September Wildtrak reservation is extremely unlikely to be selected.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
do you know why the dealership is not communicating with him? Everyone just assume that no communication means the customer is being misled. Most of the time a dealership do not communicate because they have nothing to tell you. They are in the dark just like everyone at bronco6g.

The dealer may not be intentionally screwing him, and with a Sep reservation it likely doesn't matter at this point, but this dealer is either intentionally misleading him or ignorant about the process.

And while I know it's frustrating to see the same question asked, everyone comes here for the first time at some point...

Last edited:

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
please stop giving him false hope. The dealer 99 him because it is impossible to get his build in 2021. Also we have no clue about the allocation at his dealership and where he is in line.
In my post I said he isn't likely to be built. And it doesn't matter whether we know the dealer's allocation. He was told he was going to be built this year, then gets a 99d order. Somewhere what he's been told doesn't square with reality.

It's obvious that many - including some dealers - are not well versed in how this process works for Broncos.

If his dealer has 99d him because he won't be built, he should tell him that. AND, there's zero reason to do it if the dealer actually believes that. If he won't be built as a 10-19, what does 99ing the order do?

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If he is in fact the #1 reservation at the dealership, then he *absolutely* has a chance at a MY21.... IF his dealer changes his priority away from 99.

It's reasonable to not to get a person's hopes up, but he stated that his dealer told him he's at the front of the line... which means that this entire time he's been 99'd he may have missed his ticket... and by changing it to a 10-19, he may still get his ticket punched.

Even though there are basically no parts, any parts that actually *are* available get to go to someone.

(And there's no reason why a dealership should be 99ing people's orders just because they assume they won't get built... if a customer states they would like to be considered for the earliest possible Bronco, the dealership should be inputing their orders with a regular build priority)

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Today, 16 email exchanges later, the dealer finally sent me a "preview order" form with the correct trim and configuration, which shows "priority 99".

To my understanding, this means that, while they've been telling me everything is fine, my order hasn't even been queued to be built.
Priority 99 hasn't really set you back. Most of us with active orders are just as ****** as you in terms of scheduling and build time anyway.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If he is in fact the #1 reservation at the dealership, then he *absolutely* has a chance at a MY21.... IF his dealer changes his priority away from 99.

It's reasonable to not to get a person's hopes up, but he stated that his dealer told him he's at the front of the line... which means that this entire time he's been 99'd he may have missed his ticket... and by changing it to a 10-19, he may still get his ticket punched.

Even though there are basically no parts, any parts that actually *are* available get to go to someone.

(And there's no reason why a dealership should be 99ing people's orders just because they assume they won't get built... if a customer states they would like to be considered for the earliest possible Bronco, the dealership should be inputing their orders with a regular build priority)
Agree with all of this. If he’s the first reservation at his dealer and he’s at the front, then he has a chance. The dealer 99’ing him is head scratching in that scenario. You’d think they’d want to make money too. Dealer does sound incompetent no matter how you look at this.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It means that you are a 22 model and that might be a good thing. We will get more options and better software in the 22's. Just hang on with the rest of us 99's.

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Given that he reserved in September, converted in March and lives in Seattle

Color me skeptical that the OP was either lied to and/or clearly isn't in the front of the line.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It means that you are a 22 model and that might be a good thing. We will get more options and better software in the 22's. Just hang on with the rest of us 99's.
It doesn’t “mean” anything other than the dealer has instructed Ford to ignore the order and/or has not actually submitted the order.

Some people have asked their dealer to do this for the purpose of waiting until MY22… but OP is stating this isn’t the case for them.

As far as I’m aware, if you have a 99 priority code, and you didn’t ask for it or know why… it doesn’t mean Ford has selected you for a MY22… it means your dealer is not respecting your wishes.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like that he says no delayed parts options.... well, except for the Wildtrak option!
The whole trim is constrained! In theory ... lol.

In the mean time, my built Base sits in a MAP holding lot while today's Wildtrak builds will be shipped tomorrow.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All of the dealers said the same thing, order now (back in the Spring) and you may get your Bronco. Technically they weren't wrong, in order to get a chance at getting a Bronco you needed to get your order converted. The reality is that only early reservation holders had much of a chance. But from a dealer's standpoint they needed to convert reservations in order to get any kind of allocation.

Did they mislead you? Perhaps. But were they doing it out of sheer dishonesty? Not really.

At this point it doesn't make any difference as a late res Wildtrack is a 22 for sure. And they are probably doing you a huge favor as we've seen from the MIC fiasco. Regardless if you had asked for a 99 you weren't going to get a 21. Sit back and relax like the rest of us late res holders.
Sponsored