Sponsored

I think our renders are fundamentally flawed.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There's one thing for sure. If the plan doesn't change we should know something soon. Spring time is getting close.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In 1994, you had PN96 testers running around, UN93 "Bronco" already locked in since September 1993,

In January 1996, the delayed PN96 went on sale as the 1997 F-150 and the first Super Duty VP1 prototypes were built. The new UN93 now called Expedition was revealed in May and Bronco production ended in June 1996. 2 door mockups of the UN93 were scrapped as early as 1993, killing the 2 door Bronco effectively.

You have no idea how much validation this post brought. Re: UN93 "Bronco" , which if I understand correctly , is/was a Bronco and then rebadged as an Expedition. I've been saying this for years, that the natural evolution of the Bronco did not end, they simply changed the name..... most did not want to hear it.

LOL, and where does that bastard child 98 F250 fit in?
j/k

98f250.jpg

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You have no idea how much validation this post brought. Re: UN93 "Bronco" , which if I understand correctly , is/was a Bronco and then rebadged as an Expedition. I've been saying this for years, that the natural evolution of the Bronco did not end, they simply changed the name..... most did not want to hear it.

LOL, and where does that bastard child 98 F250 fit in?
j/k

98f250.jpg

LOL you ain't 'kiddin when you say bastard child !!!! or the F-150 with 250 chassis '97 or maybe '98

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... I've been saying this for years, that the natural evolution of the Bronco did not end, they simply changed the name..... most did not want to hear it.
That's what the Explorer and Expedition were. Lots of 2-doors disappeared back then, and both of those vehicles started out with a lot more off road credibility.

sardog12

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2016 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
And on that note, I have to differ with your thoughts on Ford's secrecy. Other than providing some chuckles for corporate cubicle-land, it doesn't matter a whit to them what the renders look like, and they're not likely to pipe up and say, "oh, you got it on that one, that's it! We'll reveal tomorrow, now that you've guessed it." Every day they hold the design from public release is another day that all the other automotive manufacturers are deprived of the opportunity to react in time for their next facelift or major revision. You can bet that GM, Jeep, Nissan, Toyota, and others have their in-house renderings of what they expect to see - but every moment of not knowing what they are faced with countering in their upcoming responsive revisions is an advantage to Ford.
I think that this last statement is only partially true. While I am sure that most are watching and have some suspicions of what it will look like, I don't know that they are all as invested as you think. I am quite sure GM is interested since they have failed so miserably with the Blazer and this could point them in a new direction if they decide to go with something based off of the Colorado line that might be more competitive. Toyota is who I believe is the most invested in watching this since the 4Runner has become so aged and has only recently had a minor refresh. I am sure that they are watching very closely as they are working on the next-gen of that platform. Jeep is just now on the third model year of their redesign so, aside from watching to see how IFS is going to work out for possible future integration in the Wrangler, they are at least 7 years from another generation if they stay true to their timelines. Well in the planning phase but not as concerned with the Bronco until it proves itself. Finally, I doubt that Nissan really cares at this point beyond a casual glance since their Xterra platform never really took off and the Pathfinder went from being an SUV with some capability to nothing more than a grocery-getter at this point. I doubt that they have much interest in dipping their tows in the "rugged" waters at the moment.
Sponsored