Sponsored

I think you guys aren't going to believe this....

OP
OP
bb7bb7

bb7bb7

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm another Galpin customer. Communication is okay and was told MSRP. My late reservation 2 door was just scheduled.
I've pushed them multiple times for an updated DORA every time I've changed my order and confirmed it was correct every time.
Was the wrong color on the DORA you were provided?
I haven't even received a DORA. Just an order summary. The order summary is correct. I was just hoping to change it.
Sponsored

TGoar

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubi, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, they told me no way to change the color, unfortunately. I hope they added the sound deadening (but I wouldn't be surprised is they screwed that up too).
I changed my color after I had my vin but my dealer was accommodating to that request. They had to make a couple of calls.

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if this shows you what you want to see. It doesn't have the production date, which was given to me over the phone. Is there a tracker that would have the production date on it? Ford might be trolling me, ha!

The salesman I've been working with ordered a soft top about 10 days before me and got an early January production date. He was surprised that mine came up so quickly as well.
Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 9.44.24 AM.jpg
Do you by chance know what trim of soft top he ordered?

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Some of us are receiving our Broncos very fast. There seems to be no rhyme or reason. Check my signature. I've had my Bronco for a week. I'm sorry to all those waiting - it seems insane to me.

heelyeah

Outer Banks
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco; 2022 F150 Lightning; 2021 JT (wife's)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah, they told me no way to change the color, unfortunately. I hope they added the sound deadening (but I wouldn't be surprised is they screwed that up too).
As far as I know you can’t change anything after you get a vin. The factory use the vin to order and plan for builds.
They either lied or they're just not well informed. I changed my color from Cactus Gray back to Area 51 after I already had a VIN and (my first of many scheduled) build dates. Most dealers will say "we can't do it" but then are surprised when they actually can go into WBDO and change it. Insist that they try. It can be done, they just don't realize it. But that is literally the ONLY thing that can be changed, as far as I know.

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some of us are receiving our Broncos very fast. There seems to be no rhyme or reason.
We know there are some very recent soft top orders that get selected. OP's case is much more unusual because he is saying a new MIC top order from last month has already been pulled. Assuming that his dealer didn't botch the top part of the order.

Soft top and hard top should be thought of as two different queues, since the prospects are so different. The unicorns are the recent MIC top orders that get selected and the very early soft top orders that have not yet been given a build date.

SoCalG

Black Diamond
First Name
SoCalG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I haven't even received a DORA. Just an order summary. The order summary is correct. I was just hoping to change it.
Was the order summary you received for 2021? If yes, did you get one for 2022?

Curious to what your original color was. Was it one of the two discontinued colors?

OP
OP
bb7bb7

bb7bb7

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Was the order summary you received for 2021? If yes, did you get one for 2022?

Curious to what your original color was. Was it one of the two discontinued colors?
The model summary is for a 2022. I ordered gray but was wanting to change it to black.

OP
OP
bb7bb7

bb7bb7

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They either lied or they're just not well informed. I changed my color from Cactus Gray back to Area 51 after I already had a VIN and (my first of many scheduled) build dates. Most dealers will say "we can't do it" but then are surprised when they actually can go into WBDO and change it. Insist that they try. It can be done, they just don't realize it. But that is literally the ONLY thing that can be changed, as far as I know.
Man, I hope you're right! Giving me a little hope here!

Sponsored

heelyeah

Outer Banks
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco; 2022 F150 Lightning; 2021 JT (wife's)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Man, I hope you're right! Giving me a little hope here!
Like I said, just INSIST that they try. They might learn something! I can 100% confirm that it worked for me. I've got an Area 51 Bronco in my driveway to prove it.

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered a hard top with the standard package.
Sorry I was wondering if you knew what your salesman ordered, saw yours in the original post, congrats on the quick build btw!

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If they get orders filled super quick, why not just put in another order? So much wrong with the Ford Way... What a cluster _ _ _ _!

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reached out to Galpin Ford on roughly 10.21.21. My official MIC hard top Big Bend order went in on 11.2.21. I was told by multiple dealers that up until I received a VIN I'd be able to make changes to my order and that I would get an email from Ford confirming my order. Never got an email, followed up with the dealer several times. Finally today I called Ford. Talked to several different people. They gave me 1. my VIN and 2. my build date of Feb 7th. I'm apparently getting my Bronco super quick, in the wrong color, with fairly terrible customer service from Galpin. I thought for sure I'd be waiting until December next year.
I'm in the same boat, I placed my order directly with my dealer at the end of October, and still have not received an email from Ford. I'm considering calling Ford directly. What specifically did you ask for? Just checking in to see what's going on with your order?

Congrats on getting scheduled!

OP
OP
bb7bb7

bb7bb7

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sorry I was wondering if you knew what your salesman ordered, saw yours in the original post, congrats on the quick build btw!
Ah, yes, he ordered the Big Bend mid-package soft top.
Sponsored