Sponsored

I took my soft top all the way down for the first time. Now I can't get only get the side windows to seal in the front or the back. Any suggestions?

Murgatroyd

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base 4-door 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's happening on both sides, which makes me think that it may be that the rear window isn't in place all the way. When I look at it on the inside, it does seem like the rear window is all the way in. I would appreciate any suggestion. I have a two hour drive tomorrow and would love to not have the windows flapping in the wind! Thanks.
Sponsored

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2000 Mercedes-Benz G500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's happening on both sides, which makes me think that it may be that the rear window isn't in place all the way. When I look at it on the inside, it does seem like the rear window is all the way in. I would appreciate any suggestion. I have a two hour drive tomorrow and would love to not have the windows flapping in the wind! Thanks.
Put the top up, leave the windows in the sun - the heat will make everything a lot easier.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The front of the window have to slide into track while your sliding the windows rearward. Then the rear vertical kind of flips in and rub your hand along it to seat.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Murgatroyd

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base 4-door 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, I watched the red bronco guy video a couple of times. I guess I'll just pull it all out tomorrow and try putting it back.

OP
OP

Murgatroyd

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base 4-door 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco I took my soft top all the way down for the first time. Now I can't get only get the side windows to seal in the front or the back. Any suggestions? IMG_5658

Ford Bronco I took my soft top all the way down for the first time. Now I can't get only get the side windows to seal in the front or the back. Any suggestions? IMG_5659

Ford Bronco I took my soft top all the way down for the first time. Now I can't get only get the side windows to seal in the front or the back. Any suggestions? tempImageImoKpO

sorry, last photo got turned on it's side.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It doesn't look like the back window is in correctly. There is tab at the top of the back window and an arrow on the top frame showing where the tab goes. However, the tab actually goes in a slot in front of the arrow.
Ford Bronco I took my soft top all the way down for the first time. Now I can't get only get the side windows to seal in the front or the back. Any suggestions? PXL_20220515_022552518.MP

OP
OP

Murgatroyd

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base 4-door 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok great, I think you must be right. That’s the only thing that makes sense since it’s happening and n both sides.

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You also don't have this section aligned in the track, which can also create problems.

Ford Bronco I took my soft top all the way down for the first time. Now I can't get only get the side windows to seal in the front or the back. Any suggestions? Screenshot_20220514-224134_Chrome

Sponsored
OP
OP

Murgatroyd

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base 4-door 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh ok thx. Going to look.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For sure the corner piece is not in the slot properly In the photo. The top has to be in the hole before you pop the bottom part in. It’s a PITA for the first few times.

Ford Bronco I took my soft top all the way down for the first time. Now I can't get only get the side windows to seal in the front or the back. Any suggestions? D92A9DC3-4B11-45AC-9DCB-73145DD47492

Ford Bronco I took my soft top all the way down for the first time. Now I can't get only get the side windows to seal in the front or the back. Any suggestions? 7AD4327B-D48D-4333-B0B1-E6FFDB12186A

AZBaseSquatch

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

One other note, the first few times...and especially the first time....the side windows were super difficult to get back in place. I began to panic that I would have to take them back to the dealer for help....but after say 2 times, they seemed to stretch/loosen up a bit and it in now pretty easy to get them in. My advice...slide the window in and latch the forward section first...on the rear section, start at the bottom....try and pull and line it up with channel and just push hard. Once you get a bit of the bottom section in, just kinda knead it up the line. I'm sure I'm describing it terribly, but it has worked the best for me. Good luck!

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

just to check...you have the right on the right and the left on the left??? never hurts to verify.
Sponsored