Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They supply 3 rear mounts but only two front mounts?
Yes. It's far more common to have this arrangement than to have three pairs of anchors across the rear seat.
Ford Bronco I took rear facing infant car seat photos so you don’t have to... (plus other impressions from Ricart Ford Columbus event) 1618328223972

One look at that hinge in the Bronco 4-door's rear seat made it fairly obvious that center LATCH anchors were unlikely.

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I sold my baby to pay for the Bronco.
2 Birds, one stone.
🤪

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. It's far more common to have this arrangement than to have three pairs of anchors across the rear seat.

One look at that hinge in the Bronco 4-door's rear seat made it fairly obvious that center LATCH anchors were unlikely.
I guess I am use to my Passport having three.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My wife has a Pilot, which has an identical arrangement in the second row for...obvious reasons...but that's not a common situation across all vehicles.

Maybe it is in family-oriented crossovers like ours, but my Sierra, for instance, only provides outboard anchors in rear outboard positions.

Sponsored

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

See below for a few photos from the Ricart Ford event in Columbus.

A few comments:
  • Car seat model is a Nuna Pippa RX
  • The baby is not included with purchase but can be acquired by a suitable buyer for a reasonable fee.
  • This doesn’t really reflect how the seat would sit with the full base installed but you get the idea.
  • Driver’s seating position was adjusted for comfort of a 5’11 1/2” driver. See additional photos below.
  • Car seat was not touching drivers seatback by a tiny margin
  • I did have to turn the seat awkwardly sideways to get it in the door. Either the door depth (front to back) was narrower than my other cars, or the door itself didn’t open as wide. I can’t really recall in detail which one was the cause, but just be aware. Not a big deal as long as you can get the kid in and buckled up somehow.
  • Overall you should have no problem fitting this type of car seat behind the front passenger seat with total comfort for both people. I tested it on the driver’s side to be conservative and make sure I could still drive if I was ever stuck and needed to have the car seat behind me. Should be more room to play with behind the front passenger given that your passenger doesn’t have to worry about a steering wheel or pedals.
Ford Bronco I took rear facing infant car seat photos so you don’t have to... (plus other impressions from Ricart Ford Columbus event) 1618328223972

Here is some perspective on how the driver’s seat was positioned for a 5’11 1/2” driver.

Front view

And here is the legroom in the back with seats in same position if car seat were removed.

Other impressions:

• Overall, the Bronco is pretty badass. See it in person if you have doubts.This confirmed I will be placing an order for a MY22 at some point. Likely going Black Diamond. There was no BD at this event but the Squatch was more than I would ever need. I suspect the same is true of anyone else who just needs a 4 door workhorse with room to haul the kids around and have a little fun on a camping trip or whatever.
  • The A/C vent situation (under seat) for the back seats is a terrible failure and I have zero faith that it will be adequate for rear passengers. Not enough to steer me away from the Bronco but I’ll be shocked if buyer feedback doesn’t force a revised design for future model years.
  • I was on the Carbonized Gray train but this event may have converted me to Cactus Gray. You either like flatter grays or you don’t. I do, and this one is pretty spot on. I got almost no mint green hues in person (regardless of how it shows in photos), except later on when the sun ducked behind a cloud. And even then it wasn’t too green.
Just ask if you have other questions or want to hear other impressions. I spent a while going over the car but my biggest deal breaker question was whether my child would fit and the answer is yes.
Dang it!! Even your baby has been in a real Bronco before me! :LOL::ROFLMAO:(y)

ahunter2

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

See below for a few photos from the Ricart Ford event in Columbus.

A few comments:
  • Car seat model is a Nuna Pippa RX
  • The baby is not included with purchase but can be acquired by a suitable buyer for a reasonable fee.
  • This doesn’t really reflect how the seat would sit with the full base installed but you get the idea.
  • Driver’s seating position was adjusted for comfort of a 5’11 1/2” driver. See additional photos below.
  • Car seat was not touching drivers seatback by a tiny margin
  • I did have to turn the seat awkwardly sideways to get it in the door. Either the door depth (front to back) was narrower than my other cars, or the door itself didn’t open as wide. I can’t really recall in detail which one was the cause, but just be aware. Not a big deal as long as you can get the kid in and buckled up somehow.
  • Overall you should have no problem fitting this type of car seat behind the front passenger seat with total comfort for both people. I tested it on the driver’s side to be conservative and make sure I could still drive if I was ever stuck and needed to have the car seat behind me. Should be more room to play with behind the front passenger given that your passenger doesn’t have to worry about a steering wheel or pedals.

Here is some perspective on how the driver’s seat was positioned for a 5’11 1/2” driver.

Front view

And here is the legroom in the back with seats in same position if car seat were removed.

Other impressions:

• Overall, the Bronco is pretty badass. See it in person if you have doubts.This confirmed I will be placing an order for a MY22 at some point. Likely going Black Diamond. There was no BD at this event but the Squatch was more than I would ever need. I suspect the same is true of anyone else who just needs a 4 door workhorse with room to haul the kids around and have a little fun on a camping trip or whatever.
  • The A/C vent situation (under seat) for the back seats is a terrible failure and I have zero faith that it will be adequate for rear passengers. Not enough to steer me away from the Bronco but I’ll be shocked if buyer feedback doesn’t force a revised design for future model years.
  • I was on the Carbonized Gray train but this event may have converted me to Cactus Gray. You either like flatter grays or you don’t. I do, and this one is pretty spot on. I got almost no mint green hues in person (regardless of how it shows in photos), except later on when the sun ducked behind a cloud. And even then it wasn’t too green.
Just ask if you have other questions or want to hear other impressions. I spent a while going over the car but my biggest deal breaker question was whether my child would fit and the answer is yes.
Have similar concerns about the size of the back door and back seat in general. Feels smaller that I expected it to. Coming from a larger SUV so I’m definitely jaded but need to try and compare it to others in its class

GOODVBZ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape, LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you so much for this! Was the last variable I actually cared about

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Baby carriers make great ways to carry liquor bottles home from the store. Snug and secure.

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was under the impression that the Wrangler didn't have rear seat vents either but after looking it does along with the Gladiator. Really doesn't make much sense. Granted my rear seat passengers in my current car usually get as hot or cold as they'd like, just takes a bit longer.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
re: A/C rear vent failure - perhaps someone who’s done a ride-along either at KOH or Moab can weigh in on how effective they are. I know it won’t be scorching hot but they may know how much air they felt moving out of the vent.

Cold air coming from the underseat vents will diffuse once it leave the opening, but the seat underside should keep the airflow moving rearward. It has to go somewhere. As long as the path isn’t blocked with something stored under the seat, cool air should make it to the rear foot area at the very least.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's awesome if the center seat in the passport has latch anchors as well, but most vehicles i have seen only have them in the outboard positions. Your going to need the tether locations whether you use latch or the seat belt, so that at least allows you to use the seat belt method in the middle.

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for sharing! Man, I do not miss those baby carrier days. 😂 I have a 2DR Isuzu and could twist and turn that carrier into the back seat like a champ, but those baby carriers are always a blessing and a curse. That kid will be in a car seat before you know it. Next test, umbrella stroller. 😉
Umbrella Stroller???!!!
Ha!!!

Not the kids today! My daughter has the Badlands version of strollers for my granddaughter!!

Dewreckingcrew

Badlands
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 3.5 Boost and 2009 6.4 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you get the VIN so that your baby can grow up and buy it as an adult 40 years later and get all sentimental and stuff...
Sponsored