First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Dad co-owns a Ford dealership so I have grown up always loving Ford and their specialty vehicles. After starting a new job last year and seeing the Bronco, I knew I had to pre-order one and I really wanted it to be the first new vehicle I purchased. I pre-ordered within the first 2 hours and I have been patiently waiting, not really expecting any special treatment in the process. A few weeks ago my Dad called me and asked if I wanted to be the priority build. I was very excited but I told him to do what would be best for business, knowing that building mine priority probably wouldn't be the decision. I think they gave it to someone that ordered in March. I was happy with my decision assuming I would still get mine early, but now I think I should have just said yes :ROFLMAO:

No real reason for saying this, just wanted to get it out there. I know I am an idiot.

Still cant wait to get mine and hope it comes sooner than later.
Sponsored

Sponsored

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great decision on your part! If i were the dealer, I would have assigned the priority order to the actual earliest reservation holder that was getting fulfilled at their dealership. But i get it... they have long term customers that are loyal to their dealership, and I’m ok with rewarding customer loyalty too.

Last edited:

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My Dad co-owns a Ford dealership so I have grown up always loving Ford and their specialty vehicles. After starting a new job last year and seeing the Bronco, I knew I had to pre-order one and I really wanted it to be the first new vehicle I purchased. I pre-ordered within the first 2 hours and I have been patiently waiting, not really expecting any special treatment in the process. A few weeks ago my Dad called me and asked if I wanted to be the priority build. I was very excited but I told him to do what would be best for business, knowing that building mine priority probably wouldn't be the decision. I think they gave it to someone that ordered in March. I was happy with my decision assuming I would still get mine early, but now I think I should have just said yes :ROFLMAO:

No real reason for saying this, just wanted to get it out there. I know I am an idiot.

Still cant wait to get mine and hope it comes sooner than later.
You should have no regrets for acting with charity towards your fellow human beings, as well as having the character and foresight to consider the optics of a member of the dealership family getting the first build.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You cannot put a price on integrity.
I for one, applaud you.
Ford Bronco I Turned Down A Priority Build and Now I Regret It giphy - 2021-05-07T102549.442
This.
Everything else is just stuff.
You changed the life of whoever got that build in a positive way.
And that was ALL you.
Good Karma and integrity are far more rare and valuable than stuff in this life.
I applaud your decision, and am glad to hear your dad actually gave you the decision to make vs. just doing it for you because he is your dad.
It was a test as a father and you passed.
Having him inside be proud of you is also a priceless thing.

OP
OP
OJ_Loose

OJ_Loose

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great decision on your part! If i were the dealer, I would have assigned the priority order to the actual earliest reservation holder that was getting fulfilled at their dealership. But i get it, they have long term customers that are loyal to their dealership, and I’m ok with rewarding customer loyalty too.
Glad to hear other people feel the same way about it

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is it really mean if I agree with you? Because yes, you are an idiot. Doesn't make you any less of a person, but I would've absolutely jumped all over that opportunity. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored
OP
OP
OJ_Loose

OJ_Loose

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This.
Everything else is just stuff.
You changed the life of whoever got that build in a positive way.
And that was ALL you.
Good Karma and integrity are far more rare and valuable than stuff in this life.
I applaud your decision, and am glad to hear your dad actually gave you the decision to make vs. just doing it for you because he is your dad.
It was a test as a father and you passed.
Having him inside be proud of you is also a priceless thing.
Thank you for that. Very positive I appreciate it (y)

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I work for a family-owned business and my dad is the president. I would have done the same thing in your situation. No sense in putting yourself ahead of the best interest of the company. Agreed it's a tough decision but better than some of these other dealers. "I work hard so I took the priority build for myself"

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
More then likely, since your Pop owns a Ford dealership, you have a Shelby, Raptor, and a GT in the home garage, so I guess you’ll just have to grin and bear it for a little while. Just kidding. Your decision will prove successful in the end.
Sponsored