Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This.
Everything else is just stuff.
You changed the life of whoever got that build in a positive way.
And that was ALL you.
Good Karma and integrity are far more rare and valuable than stuff in this life.
I applaud your decision, and am glad to hear your dad actually gave you the decision to make vs. just doing it for you because he is your dad.
It was a test as a father and you passed.
Having him inside be proud of you is also a priceless thing.
I 😍 the Dave Mustaine reference in your Sig (Long live 80's Metal 🤘🤘)

But I don't see it the same way.
1. No Karma involved... Bad Karma would be if he calls his dad and says "Hey pops, how about you give ME your one priority build".
2. Integrity, once again, this was an offer of a priority build.
a. If Bill Gates knocks on your door and asks "Would you like a million dollars?" Would that mean you have no integrity because you take it? I would disagree.
3. Being a father it's very easy to be proud of your child, even IF they are the perfect human. And to the parent, it's more priceless than to the child, but when they become a parent, THEY WILL GET IT!

With all that said, call pops back up, let him know I WILL TAKE the priority build 😁 I have no shame
Sponsored

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I decided not to reserve a First Edition and I really regret it.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You did it for the right reasons and that's very upstanding of you. Life's short, and it has its ways of returning the favors we lay out there. Good Job.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 Land Rover 90 p/u, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would suspect your dad is proud of your unselfish decision.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
In my opinion the entire process should go by reservation date, period. All the people who reserved first should get priority builds. It's so unfair that some people who just reserved this year are getting priority builds. Then you throw in dealer allocations on top of that. But it is what it is.......

I would bet most priority orders go to those who are family or know someone at the dealership, like in your case. Someone is going to get the priority order so you might as well go for it if you have the option!

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kudos to you! I don't think many would pass up that opportunity, but hopefully that's some good karma for you and you see your Bronco sooner rather than later.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good for you! I applaud your ethics and would hope I would have done the same thing. I was a priority build unbeknownst to me until a few weeks ago.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree with everyone's Kudos here. Because, good for you.

BUT, to be the wet blanket on this love fest... You're really not giving up that much... I mean, you said you reserved within the first 2hrs. So unless something really goes sideways, you'll be getting your bronco way sooner than most of us here.

NOW, if you told me you didn't reserve till September 2020 or later, and had little to no chance of getting your bronco this year, and then gave up a priority build. That'd be something.

But all you did was let someone ahead of you at the club when they were letting in those before and after you anyway.

Actually, if you think about it, what you did do was push the last person in line for this year till next year.

Just saying...

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My Dad co-owns a Ford dealership so I have grown up always loving Ford and their specialty vehicles. After starting a new job last year and seeing the Bronco, I knew I had to pre-order one and I really wanted it to be the first new vehicle I purchased. I pre-ordered within the first 2 hours and I have been patiently waiting, not really expecting any special treatment in the process. A few weeks ago my Dad called me and asked if I wanted to be the priority build. I was very excited but I told him to do what would be best for business, knowing that building mine priority probably wouldn't be the decision. I think they gave it to someone that ordered in March. I was happy with my decision assuming I would still get mine early, but now I think I should have just said yes :ROFLMAO:

No real reason for saying this, just wanted to get it out there. I know I am an idiot.

Still cant wait to get mine and hope it comes sooner than later.
Ford Bronco I Turned Down A Priority Build and Now I Regret It veruca

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't know if you posted this just to receive accolades....

But you get em anyway. Good man.
Ford Bronco I Turned Down A Priority Build and Now I Regret It clapping-leonardo-dicaprio

Sponsored

Flagstaff

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335ix / NB miata/ ‘60 TR3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Karma is in the shape of a boomerang...good on you.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Dad co-owns a Ford dealership so I have grown up always loving Ford and their specialty vehicles. After starting a new job last year and seeing the Bronco, I knew I had to pre-order one and I really wanted it to be the first new vehicle I purchased. I pre-ordered within the first 2 hours and I have been patiently waiting, not really expecting any special treatment in the process. A few weeks ago my Dad called me and asked if I wanted to be the priority build. I was very excited but I told him to do what would be best for business, knowing that building mine priority probably wouldn't be the decision. I think they gave it to someone that ordered in March. I was happy with my decision assuming I would still get mine early, but now I think I should have just said yes :ROFLMAO:

No real reason for saying this, just wanted to get it out there. I know I am an idiot.

I mean, yes you are an idiot. But at least one with integrity :)

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Never regret doing something selfless.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Kudos to OP for doing the right thing, seriously.

But this really does show why we all hate dealerships so so so much. OP doesn't even want it, and yet, the owner of the dealership (whether it's his dad or not), just goes "Imma go ahead and kick this nice thing to my friends and family, fuck the other customers."

I'm probably just salty because I'm fairly certain I'll be getting my truck for goddamn christmas instead of labor day

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it really mean if I agree with you? Because yes, you are an idiot. Doesn't make you any less of a person, but I would've absolutely jumped all over that opportunity. 🤷‍♂️
Only the OP knows for sure, unless he is lying to himself, but for all we know he thought he could get family points for looking selfless and fully expected his father to reward him with the build. If he really was good with doing what was best for the business, he never would have felt the need to shout out that he was a good person for not jumping line when he could have. You know...getting kudos for doing the right thing. A selfless man is also the unheard of man, he does without public adoration or reward. Ain't a single person on this planet that is as 'good' as they like to believe they are. I give props to END for being honest about it.
Sponsored