Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, 36 ford convertible, 59 MGA, 57 Mercedes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used to love jeep owners. I don’t know if anyone else has noticed this but the large majority of jeep owners pretend that they can’t see you or you’re not around. It is almost to the point of laughter when you pull up to a red light next to a jeep wrangler owner and they either look the other way or straightforward like they don’t see you. I’ve had a lot of pleasant comments from all types of vehicles owners and I’ve only had one jeep owner pull up next to me and asked me how I like the bronco (Very pleasant person ). I have two jeeps in my driveway right now so I’m not a jeep hater I’m just shocked at the noses in the air from the jeep owners. I was really hoping with all of the interest in common that it would be different.

it's not a big deal, just an observation.
Sponsored

Last edited:

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used to love jeep owners. I don’t know if anyone else has noticed this but the large majority of jeep owners pretend that they can’t see you or you’re not around. It is almost to the point of laughter when you pull up to a red light next to a jeep wrangler owner and they either look the other way or straightforward like they don’t see you. I’ve had a lot of pleasant comments from all types of vehicles owners and I’ve only had one jeep owner pull up next to me and asked me how I like the bronco (Very pleasant person ). I have two jeeps in my driveway right now so I’m not a jeep hater I’m just shocked at the noses in the air from the jeep owners. I was really hoping with all of the interest in common that it would be different.
Last thing you should look for is validation or reaction from a Jeep owner. Enjoy your vehicle, enjoy the appreciation and conversation with people who give it to you. Some people are just “too cool”. I actually feel bad for adults that act childish. It’s jealousy, really.

There has been one Jeep Gladiator owner who has stopped on the trail as we passed each other and asked about it. We had a quick chat, showed appreciation for each other’s rigs and moved on.

OP
OP
Robertriley

Robertriley

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was at one very long red light park next to a very nice four-door Wrangler. it was very clear that he was not ever going to look towards the bronco. I was heading up behind him on a long Windee road for three or 4 miles. On the way up the hill we passed two of the Wrangers going the opposite direction. He did the jeep wave to both of them and was snubbed. It was nice to see a little bit of that Karma. I’m sure they will get over it in a couple years and realize were all on the same team

Sponsored
OP
OP
Robertriley

Robertriley

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last thing you should look for is validation or reaction from a Jeep owner. Enjoy your vehicle, enjoy the appreciation and conversation with people who give it to you. Some people are just “too cool”. I actually feel bad for adults that act childish.
I’m not looking for validation it was just an observation. But you are correct

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve gotten that for years when out and about in my ‘95 NAS Defender.
Has no effect, however, on my “love” or whatever for Jeep owners. Coexist y’all!

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I try my best not to acknowledge anyone on the roadway, with an exception to neighbors passing by at 25 mph or the friendly sumaritan that lets me over. I make sure to wave out my window to say “Thank you.”

Other than that, I’d rather have zero interaction with anyone on the roads.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was at one very long red light park next to a very nice four-door Wrangler. it was very clear that he was not ever going to look towards the bronco. I was heading up behind him on a long Windee road for three or 4 miles. On the way up the hill we passed two of the Wrangers going the opposite direction. He did the jeep wave to both of them and was snubbed. It was nice to see a little bit of that Karma. I’m sure they will get over it in a couple years and realize were all on the same team
Good possibility those Jeep owners were too busy staring at your Bronco and totally missed the other guys wave lol karma usually prevails, good stuff

SkiLB

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just jealous nothing new and exciting for the jeep owner, gladiator??? just a jeep with its butt cut off and replaced with a bed. Their bored now & that's fine to each his own.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is just like when people pretend not to notice that you’re racing at the red light to justify all the losses.
Especially when it’s a cop. Like what the heck?!

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Peacocking, chest beating & brand loyalty.
I was on the 202 in Phx, keeping up with the flow of traffic, cruise control on. A lifted Jeep with what looked like 35s or 37s in front of me was coming up, so i moved left to go around. As soon as I could see the drivers face in my rear view, I could hear him pin the accelerator. Dude came up on my 3 oclock, and slid back to the right rear quarter and hung out there for a mile or two. Then heard him pin it again and fly by me with a purpose. He moved from my 5 oclcock to my 2 oclock, and maintained his lead til he took his exit. I imagine he felt threatened.

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeep sells 200,000+ Wranglers a year. Tons of variety of people who own them; soccer moms, kids out of school, etc. Not everyone who owns a Jeep is a Jeep enthusiast, or even a vehicle enthusiast for that matter. Alot of people who just simply don't care that you're in a Bronco, they don't even realize its a Bronco, or they don't even realize the significance of the vehicle.

I remember freaking out seeing my first C8 on the road when they were brand new, and everyone around me had no idea what it was or why I cared so much. Don't take it personally.

NeoS281

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Former 4-time Jeep Wrangler owner here. I just had the pleasure of renting a 392 during my trip to Texas for the holidays and man was it a blast. It reminded me how much I missed the two-finger salute from other Jeepers. I’ve had my bronco since October and haven’t come across (or noticed) perceived snobbery from Jeep owners but then again, I’m not typically looking to greet them either. I’ve run into a few Bronco’s here and there and all but one have returned a wave.

I wouldn’t look into it too much. At the end of the day, we’re part of the same community and will be helping each other out on the trails.

Cheers! 🍻

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's like the veteran on the team who has been the stud for years, then, all of the sudden the young rookie who is faster, stronger, and better looking joins the team....EDIT: Eventually, the veteran realizes they are on the same team and the rookie, with his new skills is only going to make the team better. The Wiley vet then begins to teach the rookie some tricks of the trade and in the end everybody wins.😎
Sponsored

Last edited: