Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Think of it this way, there was a time when Jeep owners (Wrangler Gladiator types) were some of the most popular vehicles in their segment.
With Bronco coming out, their position is in jeopardy and they know it.

The entire Bronco lineup is doing tremendously well. You should be viewing their ā€œdisinterestā€ out on the road as a signifier they are rattled up.

If they are ignoring you in a Badlands, imagine how super modified wranglers will treat Bronco Raptors! They will almost certainly ā€œignoreā€ them.
Sponsored

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I get mean mugged by jeep wrangler owners least once a day when Iā€™m out driving. Iā€™ve got a few waves too but I think they think Iā€™m just another jeep. Ive owned many wranglers and I think itā€™s funny when I get the mean face I just smile big time. Lol canā€™t we all be friends it will probably take another year to desensitize them when more and more broncos start cross their paths.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Last thing you should look for is validation or reaction from a Jeep owner. Enjoy your vehicle, enjoy the appreciation and conversation with people who give it to you....
This!

In a way it is kinda cool to be driving a vehicle that gets an unusual amount of attention, but we shouldn't let it go to our head. These will become ordinary at some point.

There are many reasons like the guy wasn't looking. Maybe he just got word his wife wanted a divorce. Maybe he had to pee real bad and just wanted the light to change. Trying to assign beliefs to what some person may be thinking is very subjective and involves a great deal of self-delusion.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I own a Gladiator and have owned a few Jeeps in the past. And I generally don't like Jeep people. I'm a member of a few local groups and I've tried to go to some local Jeep events to be social and find that many have elitist attitudes if you don't have a full blown rock crawler. And they are cliquey as hell. I'm tempted to drive up to a local event in my Bronco when I get it just to ruffle some feathers. LOL
Iā€™ve belonged to mustang clubs, jeep clubs, hot rod clubs - one thing they all had in common - too many members should have instead been in the over eater anonymous clubā€¦just sayingā€™

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have not had this experience. I've had a few Jeep owners excitedly ask me about my Bronco. Having a lifted Explorer for 25 years, I've heard all of the comments. They shut up once we're on the trail though. I don't care what anyone else drives or if they like what I drive.

Sponsored

sk00pie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wrangler owner here. Always give the local Broncos a wave (not because I think they are a Wrangler). I just love cars don't get the hate for either the more the merrier. Competition is good for the consumers.

Tataman

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have seen this also! I was driving behind a friend in his JK to go off-roading and I saw three waves to him, and no waves and lots of shady eyes thrown my way. On the trail it was just the opposite as a lot of cool rigs all remarked how they love my bronco, and no body even noticed his jeep.

One other observation. There are a lot of Jeepā€™s in my area, and I never noticed how many are driven by women. I get the impression that they either donā€™t know about this supposed rivalry or donā€™t pay attention to whato others are driving.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Our Bronco First Edition and Jeep Wrangler get along very well in our driveway. There's no growling, snarling, kicking rocks up on each other. Just mutual respect.

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

wait you guys are not flipping them the bird when they wave? lol i have had so many talks with jeepers that want to check it out. always end up talking for a bit and comparing. I myself was about to buy a jeep always liked them then bronco was announced so I jumped in line. I have had ford trucks forever. I have only had one jeeper that was an ass!! pulled up next to me at a light revving the shit out of his orange jeep. not a fan of the sound at all! was just odd he was doing it for so long till a guy behind me revved up his charger now that thing sounded sick!! V8 sound is what u need if u want to do that sort of shit

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a member of a few local groups and I've tried to go to some local Jeep events to be social and find that many have elitist attitudes if you don't have a full blown rock crawler. And they are cliquey as hell.
I have zero interest in that kind of group, one upping each other for the next useless mod for bling and flex, not my thing. I hope to eventually meet a couple people that just want to go out into nature, or I'll just go with my friends, none of whom own a 4x4 like the Bronco or Wrangler, but the trail to a nice camp spot doesn't have to be through rock gardens. That cliquey clubby thing is so not my thing, I'd never be able to stop laughing at all that posing and prancing 8-D

I'll just go and enjoy my stock Badsquatch, so far see no reason to add anything to it.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have zero interest in that kind of group, one upping each other for the next useless mod for bling and flex, not my thing. I hope to eventually meet a couple people that just want to go out into nature, or I'll just go with my friends, none of whom own a 4x4 like the Bronco or Wrangler, but the trail to a nice camp spot doesn't have to be through rock gardens. That cliquey clubby thing is so not my thing, I'd never be able to stop laughing at all that posing and prancing 8-D

I'll just go and enjoy my stock Badsquatch, so far see no reason to add anything to it.
Sad thing is it just club mentality. When I used to ride I was a member of HOG (Harley Owners Group). I never joined or rode with my local chapter. It was filled with people who's every article of clothing and accessory had to be Harley Davidson. And their idea of a day ride was 30 miles to a bayside bar, drink a few and then go home. My idea of a day ride was no less than 300 miles in the saddle enjoying the open air.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sad thing is it just club mentality.
Yeah, most clubs are just somewhere that you pay money to argue with people who you wouldn't want to hang out with anyway. They don't start out that way but that's what they turn into most of the time. I can argue with my family for free so forget clubs.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sad thing is it just club mentality. When I used to ride I was a member of HOG (Harley Owners Group). I never joined or rode with my local chapter. It was filled with people who's every article of clothing and accessory had to be Harley Davidson. And their idea of a day ride was 30 miles to a bayside bar, drink a few and then go home. My idea of a day ride was no less than 300 miles in the saddle enjoying the open air.
To be fair, after owning a Sportster, 30 miles sounds about right before it starts hurting. I assume the big twins are better but I'm not going to find out, back to metrics for me. I don't even like to ride in a pair, let alone a whole group. The best part of riding is the solitude.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thereā€™s no room for hate between Jeeps and Broncos. We should be saving it for the Suburus and Toyota Priusā€˜s who are driving way too slow in front of us.
Sponsored