JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like them both and own two jeeps and two Broncos (1970 and 2021). Keeping all four forever and today when snowmeggeddon arrives I will be driving my 21 year old jeep because I don't want some Ohio non driving fool to crash my new Bronco. I don't do the Jeep wave......or collect ducks.
Sponsored

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just jealous nothing new and exciting for the jeep owner, gladiator??? just a jeep with its butt cut off and replaced with a bed. Their bored now & that's fine to each his own.
Jeep pick-ups are nothing new, but the younger generation probably doesn't know it. LOL

Laddyaddy19

Black Diamond
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Evo X, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Last thing you should look for is validation or reaction from a Jeep owner. Enjoy your vehicle, enjoy the appreciation and conversation with people who give it to you. Some people are just ā€œtoo coolā€. I actually feel bad for adults that act childish. Itā€™s jealousy, really.

There has been one Jeep Gladiator owner who has stopped on the trail as we passed each other and asked about it. We had a quick chat, showed appreciation for each otherā€™s rigs and moved on.
Exactly! The majority of vehicle owners (not just jeep) use their vehicles simply as a utility to get from point a to point b. They are not passionate enthusiasts (although some are) like most of us on the forum. Jeepā€™s are a well rounded vehicle that simply checks a lot of boxes for customers.

1Five1 Garage

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend, F350, 4Runner, 52 Ford F1 RatRod
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not the jeep owners that are irritating. It's the non jeep owners who love jeeps that do.

Their expectation of what a jeep is when they drive off the dealership lot....
Ford Bronco I used to love jeep owners JWaldron-88-jeep-wrangler-rock-crawlin

The reality...
Ford Bronco I used to love jeep owners 2012-jeep-wrangler-sahara-4x4-manual-tested-review-car-and-driver-photo-447421-s-original

Texas Red

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a Wrangler driver, I'm glad to see Broncos out and about. The competition between the two manufacturers can only keep both vehicles on the path to improvements. I read posts on the Wrangler forums slagging on the new Broncos, but that won't be me.

Sponsored

Quitefrankly

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nothing wrong with Jeep - Bronco just is doing better atm since 6th gen released. Still - Jeep will likely shine yet again soon.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I recently off-roaded with a Jeep club. Almost fifty vehicles that day from the club on the trail of which I had the only Bronco. Nonetheless, they were a tolerant group and we traded humorous barbs periodically. When you are on a trail, it seems that the brand of your vehicle does not matter. Sometimes not so much on the street.

Beastie

Badlands
First Name
Kate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used to love jeep owners. I donā€™t know if anyone else has noticed this but the large majority of jeep owners pretend that they canā€™t see you or youā€™re not around. It is almost to the point of laughter when you pull up to a red light next to a jeep wrangler owner and they either look the other way or straightforward like they donā€™t see you. Iā€™ve had a lot of pleasant comments from all types of vehicles owners and Iā€™ve only had one jeep owner pull up next to me and asked me how I like the bronco (Very pleasant person ). I have two jeeps in my driveway right now so Iā€™m not a jeep hater Iā€™m just shocked at the noses in the air from the jeep owners. I was really hoping with all of the interest in common that it would be different.

it's not a big deal, just an observation.
Iā€™m a Jeep owner too and I have seen more Jeep bashing on this forum than on the road. I think it depends on the person. Iā€™m going to enjoy my bronco (and my Jeep) and wave to both ;)

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nearly all of us have been a jeep owner at some point.
I"ve had both and even rented and drove a brand new Rubicon to Bronco Off-rodeo to do a side by side comparison. The Bronco is the clear winner in Looks, handling, features, comfort, and general off-roading. Jeep has a small advantage on the most vertical of climbs... But even that is due to tire selection.
No one today selects a jeep over a Bronco. No one. Unless, they can't get or afford the Bronco. Which is the case for a large majority of people.
Look at LiteGeeks, they can't stop themselves from doing the comparison over and over again. Its like the jeep is that ex-girlfriend that was so great, but they had to leave her to make their lives better.... Now all they do is talk about their exgirlfriend.... For LItegeeks to move their channel forward, they've got to stop the comparisons as it makes them look small.

Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is just like when people pretend not to notice that youā€™re racing at the red light to justify all the losses.
Thatā€˜s me! Sort of.

Scenario: At stop light. Two Lanes. But up ahead you know the lanes merge into one. Line of traffic behind both you so you know merging is gonna be tough. What do you do? Race? Beat the guy to the merge point?

I rev my engine. Inch forward a couple times. Give all the signs that when that light turns green, Iā€™m gonna try and smoke this guy. Naturally, heā€™s not gonna let that stand.

Light turns green. He takes off like a bat outta hell. I accelerate normally and cut in behind him. Satisfied that I didnā€™t have to mess with trying to merge into a tight line of cars that might have a jerk who wonā€™t let me over. Mission accomplished.

Who lost here? Iā€™d say neither of us.

Back on topicā€¦you wanna really feel snubbed by Jeeps? Try driving a Samurai !! ;)

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I own a Gladiator and have owned a few Jeeps in the past. And I generally don't like Jeep people. I'm a member of a few local groups and I've tried to go to some local Jeep events to be social and find that many have elitist attitudes if you don't have a full blown rock crawler. And they are cliquey as hell. I'm tempted to drive up to a local event in my Bronco when I get it just to ruffle some feathers. LOL
The Wrangler group seems to dislike the Gladiator too. I find the Gladiator crew to be more accepting of different opinions, brands etc.
Sponsored