First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 6-speed
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not sure why there is so much resistance to the idea of a Bronco pickup? Somehow altering the iconic Bronco from it’s form is a no go and seems to really bother some. It’s not a real truck & it’s not a real off-road vehicle either. Ford has other trucks in their lineup and it will steal sales. It is ugly.
I have a 2021 Jeep Gladiator and I love driving it! Keeps a smile on my face. I would not have bought a wrangler, simply not enough utility for my needs. The ability to buy a pickup with a manual transmission, there are only two right now in this country, was a huge factor. I no longer need a full size truck, put 240,000 miles on my 04 Silverado and laid it to rest, as it served its purpose quite well! My Gladiator cannot tow, carry payload, or ride as nice as the Silverado. However, it does what I want it to do and it’s fun. Hence a lifestyle vehicle.
I’m not attached to the hip with any particular company, the gladiator is my first Jeep and a fine vehicle. The combination of the pentastar V6, 3.73 gear ratio, and manual transmission means this thing is an absolute dog when trying to climb up and down hills while loaded with camping gears & kayaks. It will have to be re geared moving forward. Not exactly thrilled at the idea of having to re gear a 50k vehicle that is only 4 months old, but Jeep doesn’t offer many options in this regard...
I love what Ford has done with the Bronco. The ability to get lockers & better gear ratios on trims across the board is fantastic and should not be overlooked. Jeep acts like these items are gold and can’t be touched unless you opt for a top trim from the start. Needless to say I have a reservation for a Bronco and have 99’d it until next year. I am thrilled at what the Bronco offers out of the box. Will all of these goodies be enough to outweigh the utility of my small but useful 5ft bed, probably not. Do I dream of a 2.3 liter eco boost manual transmission Badlands? Every day! Those that have been down on that combination can give my rig a shot then see how you feel...
For those that feel a Bronco pick up is an atrocity and if you need a truck for something just rent one. I say if you don’t like a Bronco pick up don’t buy one. I will be a first day reservation holder if the Bronco pick up is offered!

The iconic Bronco is already altered: The Bronco Sport!

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Was always my plan to wait and see if it happens.

Not sure why there is so much hate from members that are opposed to the idea. I mean... if you don't want one... don't buy one. It's pretty simple actually...

I wish more people here would just understand that sometimes if you don't have good to say... just say nothing. I mean why even open the post if all you are going to do is be critical of someone else's choice.

Sponsored

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The iconic Bronco is already altered: The Bronco Sport!
You also forgot... More doors.

But don't say anything bad about the 4 door... your post will get deleted. Had it happen to me...

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just want a 2 door 4 seater bronco pickup with a full canopy. Basically a 4 door chassis with a extended 2 door body.

zfischer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Tacoma, 4WD Sprinter, BJ42 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m not sure why there is so much resistance to the idea of a Bronco pickup? Somehow altering the iconic Bronco from it’s form is a no go and seems to really bother some. It’s not a real truck & it’s not a real off-road vehicle either. Ford has other trucks in their lineup and it will steal sales. It is ugly.
I've seen these aggressive stances and I agree, they can get ugly. But in this thread I don't see anything other than some good-natured ribbing. I don't care if Ford makes a Brucko or not. Or would it be a Tronco?

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just want a 2 door 4 seater bronco pickup with a full canopy. Basically a 4 door chassis with a extended 2 door body.
That has been on my radar too...

When they revealed the Bronco R... 2 door styling on a 4 door chassis. I thought that we might just be getting that. The extra cargo room and just the right amount of doors.

I would seriously like a damn tailgate too... just saying.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm waiting for a truck to bring my Bronco does that count?
Sponsored