Sponsored

I want it my way. How much is it going to cost?

TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some people want to customize their Bronco. Different options for roof color, seat color, bumpers, wheels etc. The reality is that the more choices a manufacturer offers to consumers, the cost, and complexity increases rapidly. Manufacturing becomes less efficient due to all the product variations, and each customizable option is more expensive than what’s standard due to lower unit volumes for those special options.

Here’s a link to the Porsche Configurator. Assume the Ford options are priced 25% to 50% lower than Porsche options. Play around, and you will see why Ford is trying to limit the number of options so that the Bronco can be kept within a “reasonable“ price range.

https://www.porsche.com/usa/

For the Porsche Macan GTS:

• Three special paint colors: $3,120
  • Custom color: $11,430
  • 911 Turbo wheels: $1,570
  • Race Tex/leather seats: $4,790
  • Sports seats plus: $1,710
  • and it continues on, and on, and on....
But wait, there’s more. If you are still not satisfied, Porsche offers what’s called CXX options, or Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur options. Those are not on the Configurator. You can meet with a consultant from Porsche Exclusive, and they will custom make a car for you.

In short, there’s no free lunch.
Sponsored

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Then there's Volkswagen, who offered a choice of 40 (!!!) "custom" colors on the Golf R for a $2,500 upcharge. Would I love to see something like this for Bronco? YES. (It will never happen.)
Ford Bronco I want it my way.  How much is it going to cost? Volkswagen_Spektrum_Program_Offers_Custom_Colors_for_2019_Golf_R-Large-8614

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very true.

But that’s not what most are complaining about. People are complaining about the options that are available not really having more options.

Because a mass producer like Ford can’t offer an extreme amount of customization, then make the few options plain and appealing to the masses. Not super obscure color combos s that only a few like. Bronze dash, black and brown seats, blue stitching and accent, wth?

If we only have 1 choice give me black or gray With white stitching. I can spruce it up myself from there

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can you show me any other car manufacturer that offers a digital camo interior?

Nope....because 1) its so 2012, and 2) because they all got rejected by the project teams before they made it to production.
Sponsored