First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 7/16 reservation date and was told I will get it this year.......sometime.........this year.
If your reservation date was 7/16 with Sasquatch and a MIC how the hell were you even scheduled to begin with?
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If your reservation date was 7/16 with Sasquatch and a MIC how the hell were you even scheduled to begin with?
Only way is a priority build jump to the front of the line.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

possible its still coming but also possible that earlier reservation holders have changed their orders for a buildable order. So, you've been possibly pushed back?
I'm a 7/13 8:30pm reservation holder and havent heard anything yet.
This doesn’t make sense to me.

You get scheduled and assigned a VIN when they think they have the parts (with JIT manufacturing it could be that they don’t have the parts actually in hand, but they assume they’re coming).

That scheduling and VIN should be locked in to that reservation. You don’t want to get in the habit of assigning VINs that you decide not to build.

The time for an earlier reservation to take precedence was when the scheduling happened… in this case it already happened…. So the window should be closed for someone else to take that slot.

The OP has already been seated at the table, given their order to the waiter, and the kitchen is working on it… if another group of people show up to the host now, even if they had an earlier reservation, they’re not going to get to take that table for themselves.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only way is a priority build jump to the front of the line.
Or their dealer’s allocation and reservation holder demographics are playing a funny role?

Last edited:

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 7/16 reservation date and was told I will get it this year.......sometime.........this year.
Told by whom? A car salesman? Unless you have zero of the deadly sins there is little to no chance of a 7/16 reservation being built this year.

Sponsored

Derby

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am just going on what the dealer told me last week. In all fairness, he told me last month it should be late July early August. Lol.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Told by whom? A car salesman? Unless you have zero of the deadly sins there is little to no chance of a 7/16 reservation being built this year.
There's so many variables, I don't think it's even safe to tell someone there is "little to no chance" without knowing more information.

Say their dealer has 18 orders, 6 allocated, and they are the earliest reservation at the dealer....

It doesn't matter if they made their reservation on reveal night or yesterday, they are at the front of the line for their dealer's first allocation. If Ford doesn't have their parts, then they are at the front of the line for the second allocation, etc etc etc.

That said, I am 100% on board with telling people to generally ignore everything a dealer says.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

That said, I am 100% on board with telling people to generally ignore everything a dealer says.
I'm hard pressed to think of anything we've learned that came from a dealership/salesperson , while there are endless numbers of things they have been reported saying that are total BS.

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This same thing happened to me and now I'm in VIN assigned Purgatory (my rollercoaster in Signature, just strapped in and waiting)

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had two builds one 2 door base one 2 door badlands.The base has a build date and vin.The badlands nothing.I recieved a call from my dealer saying my bronco was in. When i got to the dealer it was the badlands not the base...So I dont know what these people are doing.No word or nothing and it just shows up!

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
at this point it's...

If your reservation date was 7/13 with Sasquatch and a MIC how the hell were you even scheduled to begin with?

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's so many variables, I don't think it's even safe to tell someone there is "little to no chance" without knowing more information.

Say their dealer has 18 orders, 6 allocated, and they are the earliest reservation at the dealer....

It doesn't matter if they made their reservation on reveal night or yesterday, they are at the front of the line for their dealer's first allocation. If Ford doesn't have their parts, then they are at the front of the line for the second allocation, etc etc etc.

I'm just looking at the reality of the situation at this point. August appears to be fully scheduled already and at least part of September. That leaves 3 to 3 1/2 months left to schedule (assuming August builds don't get rolled over into the next month like what happened in June and July). They still have to schedule a lot of first editions and they've "committed" to building them this year so I'm assuming thousands of those builds in the last 3 to 3 1/2 months will be first edition builds that use a lot of the desired constrained options. In your scenario of 18 orders and 6 allocations, if you look at the typical distribution of when people placed reservations it's extremely skewed toward the 7/13 and 7/14, so odds are at his dealership there are many people with better timestamps than him that are still waiting to be scheduled.

I think it would be an extremely safe bet to make that a 7/16 reservation isn't getting built this year if it has the constrained options on it, but we definitely all agree that we should ignore what car salesmen say.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They probably had to build several demos with your exact options. After all ,demos are more important then a silly year old reservation and order.

DanDan

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe they give dibs to whomever switched to soft top the previous 2 weeks

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You want the worst case scenario ?
With all the Bronco shuffling around MAP and huge storage lots nearby - they may have crashed it - in accident - can no longer ship it "as new" -
If so you'll have to re-order -
Hope not - we hope it works out better -
Stop.

They wouldn't have to re-order.

Ford would just build another one with priority... though it depends on parts... but still.
Sponsored