MustangSally

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT 500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I wish I modified my order to a soft top. This guy ordered after me and I still don’t have build confirmation. The dealer tried to hide this one behind the wall but I saw it anyway as I drove by.

959B3D0B-FB2F-40DE-910D-AAC02C093689.jpeg

74C9445B-0C24-4A03-B8ED-062DEAD7BE0F.jpeg
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 Land Rover 90 p/u, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are not alone my friend, many of us 1st/2nd day reservations with nothing. Changing to a soft top is no guarantee of an earlier build date, get what you want.

Kinda funny they hid the truck behind the wall...I'm sure they know people will be losing their shit.

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I kind of regret changing to a soft top, but that’s probably because I still dont have a build date. That probably doesnt help you any but its not guaranteed you’d have a build by switching, plus you’d be getting something not exactly what you originally wanted.

Also there is time to switch right? Til the 16th?

SpeedTwin

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same story at my dealer, 2 builds reserved after mine are scheduled, both soft tops.

jsully10

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had been leaning towards switching this past week but feel like I'm gonna stay put with MIC. Even with the prep kit and all, who know when we'd get the MICs, late '22 or worse? I cant do a soft top for that long. Plus they look meh...

Sponsored

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't forget other constraints like SAS, 2.7, Lux, etc. If you have a low optioned black diamond build, then the MIC might be hurting you. Otherwise its a total crap shoot it seems. My dealer is receiving later res/orders than mine but I've got alllllll the sins....

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Doubt it would do much to get it to you. Mine is still not here. Ah well. It’s life.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lots of folks are in the same boat unfortunately.

Stick with what you really want, which I assume is a MIC since you originally ordered it with one. Long term, you’ll be more happy with your ride. Also, let Ford work out any kinks in the process.

Although we all want our vehicles day one, there’s some pros to being slightly later builds.

Sneds

First Edition
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-250 6.7L TD 4X4, 2021 2D Cactus Gray FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Your badge says First Edition. Unless you changed to something else you wouldn't have been able to get a soft top anyway.

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wanted a modular, white painted hardtop, and still do. Rather than wait 2 more years (read that Ford announcement again) to get my Bronco, I changed my order to a Soft Top. I could care less if it's wrinkly, rattles, is noisy, and leaks. I'm not going to put my plans for adventure on hold for another 2 years to wait....the MOD may never come! I'll live with the soft top, while driving a Bronco, hopefully at least 1 year earlier.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My dealer has 15% of their allocation (100+) scheduled, and most of those are simple 4 Door builds out as far as 105, many w/ soft top. They said the logic makes no sense to them as far as what is being built way out, versus similar toward the front of the list.

davidd4216

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm on the fence about this too. I have talked to my salesman (who actually didn't know you could change your order before you have a VIN). But he keeps telling me that moving to soft top will do absolutely nothing to get my Bronco faster. I told him he should create a Bronco6G account and read a little, but he told me these forums are not helpful in any way. Again, he did not know I could still change my order and states that there is nothing indicating a soft top Big Bend would be made before a MIC of any model. He stated the info he saw was Ford is building "55% hard top and 45% soft top." He also said there would be no stock units built, even though I think everyone interpreted the email from Ford as they are going to build Bronco's and if they can't build all the MIC and specialized orders, they would send them to dealers.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm on the fence about this too. I have talked to my salesman (who actually didn't know you could change your order before you have a VIN). But he keeps telling me that moving to soft top will do absolutely nothing to get my Bronco faster. I told him he should create a Bronco6G account and read a little, but he told me these forums are not helpful in any way. Again, he did not know I could still change my order and states that there is nothing indicating a soft top Big Bend would be made before a MIC of any model. He stated the info he saw was Ford is building "55% hard top and 45% soft top." He also said there would be no stock units built, even though I think everyone interpreted the email from Ford as they are going to build Bronco's and if they can't build all the MIC and specialized orders, they would send them to dealers.
Yeah. That salesman doesn't know what he's talking about.

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was on the fence for a while to, and I went back and forth. I asked my my dealer if I change will I get my Bronco sooner. He said he cannot guarantee me a faster build, but his Ford rep said it wouldn’t hurt. I pulled the trigger yesterday and switched to a soft top. I know it’s going to cost more for a hardtop later, but it is what it is. Hopefully, I get scheduled soon.

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As mentioned, there is no rhyme or reason many can work with to get it any sooner. With all the talk about making changes to the order, I went with my gut and stayed with my original order because it was the way I wanted it to be and didnt want to compromise. As a very first minutes reservation holder, maybe this helped me get a build date in August, but who really knows if I was still waiting should I have made any changes. Hard to say, and regarding the dealership "hiding" the Bronco behind the wall, there is also the likelihood that maybe they dont want a customer's vehicle being touched by the general public, something I would have loved, because there is a big difference between a vehicle on the lot and a vehicle awaiting pickup from a purchased item.
Sponsored