First Name
Steen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going with the capable bumper on mine. I want the factory fog lights and switch. I'll end up switching bumpers down the road, but I'll have the factory switch for the lights and not have to use an AUX switch.
Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well I fell into a unique category-I "lost" my first Bronco during the ADM shitshow I went through my dealership (TLDR-I reordered and all other reservation holders got theirs at MSRP after me and I got my reorder at 2022 MSRP)

Anyways I didn't get the modular bumper with my first order and when I reordered, I made sure I got that also. I had to give up PPF and the hitch, but I got it after another 8 month wait.

JMY217

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Sas/Lux/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I too wish I would've gone with the modular bumper for the ease of a winch installation vs buying a new bumper/setup etc. Come to find out adding a winch and aftermarket bumper is not exactly a walk in the park with a 2.7 and the limited available free space.

Only reason I didn't originally is because I was trying to be smart and think ahead by avoiding rust - my 2013 F150 body color painted steel bumper was rusting after 6 years.
Same, I thought it would be slightly easier to add on afterwards.... and with the lack of space, 8 million sensors, was not what I anticipated. Have you seen the rough country hidden mount for the 2.7?

Toolman1960

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 Lariet FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered a non-sas Badlands 2 door loaded including lux & tow package with 2.7 auto. Love my 2 door but if I had to do it over again I would order the 4 door! I’m going to order a 4 door when the ordering bank reopens. Considering keeping both vehicles, my life just changed a lot in the 16 months I waited for the vehicle and could use the practicality of a 4 door. Guess I’m old school, Bronco’s are 2 doors, guess I learned my lesson, should have been more open minded!

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX SAS , 22 Maverick XLT, 10 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Same, I thought it would be slightly easier to add on afterwards.... and with the lack of space, 8 million sensors, was not what I anticipated. Have you seen the rough country hidden mount for the 2.7?
That's what I was interested in the most and saw they finally came out for the 2.7, but the amount of sawing, relocating, etc.

Plus, from what I have seen....it is much more preferred not to have winch located that low.

Sponsored

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My real life BL vehicle has everything. My imaginary vehicle would have been ordered with the optional V8.
Yeah, I forgot to check the 5.0lt button on the build sheet too.:unsure:

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I spec'd exactly what I wanted and will not compromise to get it sooner. I get it when I get it.

Wildtrak
HOSS 3.0
Lux
Leather
Hard Top
Tow
Tube Steps
Block Heater

Pretty much everything that will cause delays. lol

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Plus, from what I have seen....it is much more preferred not to have winch located that low.
The hidden winches look nice, but chances are when you need it, it will be buried in muck or sitting against a bunch of rocks. :cool:

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Boy oh boy is this a loaded question.

As is sits, BL High Pkg is all I wanted in one, and very much adequate and pleased.

However, I do question the value in the "what if" scenario of just getting a base, adding my own lift, shocks, beefier axles, etc.
I've come to love and appreciate the factory E-lockers easily more than anything else mechanically on my BL.
Several situations where they made the difference between a fun ride and failure to proceed forward on a route. Absolutely seamless, smooth, there when you need them in a precarious situation without fumbling around or having to roll back to get them to engage. I am a fan of the Squatch pkg on mine.
But it still begs one to question the value of all of that being factory-ready, able to put to use the day you buy it vs. getting a "lower" trim and adding it aftermarket. Being able to use this stuff, covered by warranty, from day #1 carries a lot of weight. And thus far all of the abilities of the equipment (and the vehicle as a whole) have left me quite impressed.
Still, I wonder about paying roughly 30K vs. 55K and wonder what all that other $25K could have netted me in off-road prowess, and if it would be any better than the balanced, dependable factory versions already on it.
It comes down to finances in some ways if you don't have $50K cash sitting around. Easier to "option up" and finance something from the get-go than make your (understandably lower) payment every month and still be able to pay for AM stuff and the install of said stuff.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Towing, get towing. I did aftermarket for like $200 and the hitch is easy to install and as good as Ford's, but the wiring is a bit of a pain, not 7 wire and not (I imagine) as good or nicely integrated as Ford's.

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dunno what comes with the Badlands, but I got a base. The only things I’ll add are trailer hitch and running boards. It’s a little tall for my daughter to step up into and the undercarriage that’s visible is kinda ugly.

zjc26138

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Aux switches ( just to have them) and rear locker would not have added much to what I have now. Big Bend with mid package, tow, and mod bumper. Everything else is good so far.

Edited: Maybe SAS package...maybe.
Sponsored