First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Absolutely within the first few days. There's going to be a whole bunch of people with no experience ever being off pavement who suddenly think they can go ANYWHERE because they have fancy electronics. Just like the focus RS owners who thought drift mode would make them a drift champion.
Sponsored

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I foresee a lot of tire chirping noises coming from people in Sasquatched Broncos who've never owned a vehicle with locking differentials. Hey let's see what these buttons do.... tries to turn a corner in town with both diffs locked and wheel is violently jerked out of their hands, and crashes head on into light pole.....

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I foresee a lot of tire chirping noises coming from people in Sasquatched Broncos who've never owned a vehicle with locking differentials. Hey let's see what these buttons do.... tries to turn a corner in town with both diffs locked and wheel is violently jerked out of their hands, and crashes head on into light pole.....

chirp chirpchirp SNAP

Sponsored

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

chirp chirpchirp SNAP
I could definitely see that too lol. I really hope Ford installs an idiot proof safety mechanism that will automatically disengage the locking diffs if speed exceeds somewhere between 5-10 mph.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Locker training wheels

51M9bsoVruL._AC_.jpg

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I could definitely see that too lol. I really hope Ford installs an idiot proof safety mechanism that will automatically disengage the locking diffs if speed exceeds somewhere between 5-10 mph.
They likely will, they do on the F series. It's either 20 or 25 mph and that rear e-locker will disengage. Personally I would prefer they NOT idiot proof anything. Let the folks who know what they're doing have full control over their rigs.

The idiots will learn...

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope not. I like to be able to tell my vehicle what to do not the other way around.

GingerScooby

Outer Banks
First Name
jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Some of the test mules and demo trucks are looking like they've been through a few mishaps.

Sponsored

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They likely will, they do on the F series. It's either 20 or 25 mph and that rear e-locker will disengage. Personally I would prefer they NOT idiot proof anything. Let the folks who know what they're doing have full control over their rigs.

The idiots will learn...
I guess they'll only make that mistake once lol. But dang, that would be a very expensive mistake.

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Absolutely within the first few days. There's going to be a whole bunch of people with no experience ever being off pavement who suddenly think they can go ANYWHERE because they have fancy electronics. Just like the focus RS owners who thought drift mode would make them a drift champion.
For some reason I thought this video came out much sooner than Sep, but it was definitely within a couple months of the RS coming out.

Still one of my favorites:

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's a car/truck, anything can be fixed, though not everything is economical to fix...

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It won't be long until YouTube will be filled with videos of fools that watched the Ford trailers, and thought "I can do that". Life's tough, it's a lot tougher when you're stupid.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well my wife will be driving hers home when it gets here and she has about 15 minutes of opportunity from the dealership.
My idiot sister in law once crashed a Q5 on a test drive. That's our family record for dumb driving.
Sponsored