First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm willing to bet (not in cash) that someone within 6 weeks of receiving their new Bronco will damage it because they got carried away on some off road event or rock crawling. Don't be that Jeep guy on the Bronco ?

IMG_2497.JPG
Once we get closer to a hard-announced production date, we should setup a pool. People can put their dates. I'm thinking 2 weeks from first drive off the lot. 😄

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For some reason I thought this video came out much sooner than Sep, but it was definitely within a couple months of the RS coming out.

Still one of my favorites:
This warms my heart! That’s what you get for driving a Focus and pretending it’s a race car.

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This warms my heart! That’s what you get for driving a Focus and pretending it’s a race car.
Full disclosure, I have an RS, I did the RS academy out in Utah and the RS is a very capable little car. Drift mode is great fun.

But yeah, when you bomb into a corner 15mph too fast, you're gonna have a bad day whether or not the rear diff is in drift mode.

Edit: cute dogs. I've got a longhair weiner myself.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Full disclosure, I have an RS, I did the RS academy out in Utah and the RS is a very capable little car. Drift mode is great fun.

But yeah, when you bomb into a corner 15mph too fast, you're gonna have a bad day whether or not the rear diff is in drift mode.

Edit: cute dogs. I've got a longhair weiner myself.
Yeah, that was a dumbass maneuver lol! I don’t have any particular hate for the RS personally. I’m just a muscle car guy so when I see stuff like the Focus all I envision is another kid with his exhaust cut off droning down the road. 🤣

Thanks! They’re great dogs!

Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What’s the caffeine tolerance of the average Bronco owner? Rumor has it Mustang owners have trouble leaving a Cars and Coffee, so they apparently need to ease up a bit. I’m used to flying high on caffeine and Copenhagen, so all I can recommend is . . . Practice?

zfischer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Tacoma, 4WD Sprinter, BJ42 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Won't take more than a couple of days for someone to wrap one around a pole while attempting to prove how gutless the 2.3 is.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
For some reason I thought this video came out much sooner than Sep, but it was definitely within a couple months of the RS coming out.

Still one of my favorites:
Lmao I remember that. Stupid gonna stupid 🤦

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I could definitely see that too lol. I really hope Ford installs an idiot proof safety mechanism that will automatically disengage the locking diffs if speed exceeds somewhere between 5-10 mph.
I believe they said 20mph at KOH

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco I wonder how long it would take to see our first Bronco mishap images 1615254759673

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Once we get closer to a hard-announced production date, we should setup a pool. People can put their dates. I'm thinking 2 weeks from first drive off the lot. 😄
No, driving off of the lot.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Off road the damage will start when people try playing at high speed driving, think Bronco is some baja racer. A lot of vehicles can handle slower speed crawling and impacts. But high speed catching air and slamming into things - get ready for some carnage.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My idiot sister in law once crashed a Q5 on a test drive. That's our family record for dumb driving.
Well if you're going to crash a beautiful brand new car, it may as well not be yours.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One should not conflate what is a race car and what is a race car driver. The Focus RS matched the Porsche Cayman R in the VIR Lightning Lap. A properly experienced driver could have made that turn in the RS. He would have held the proper line at the proper entry speed.
Sponsored

Last edited: