First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Transit Connect & 2007 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love that Pistachio color Matt. Definitely gives your Bronco a cool retro vibe and unique look. You would be the envy of all the other Bronco owners on the block, if anyone else on the block owned a Bronco! šŸ˜‚. Nice job and thanks for sharing with the rest of the forum.
Thereā€™s a black one in the neighborhood. I havenā€™t seen it yet. But wifey and our neighbor has.
Sponsored

OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love the colour. Seems a lot for a temporary fix. I got my toyota repainted for $5k. Seems like better value. Looks amazing though. Ford should take note on your colour
Depends on how you look at value. Wraps temporary, paint is permanent. My resale value stays the same because the original paint is perfect under the wrap, literally the sun has never seen it. A paint job has now ruined the resale because youā€™d need to find someone that wants that exact color. Plus $5000 for paint isnā€™t doing the entire car. The door jams, under the hood, wheel wheels, etc still arenā€™t painted. That said, I agree, wraps can get really pricey.

OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice color. (y) Curious, if you attempted to wrap the rear hinges? They look like a pain to wrap.
I did not wrap the hinges. Thats the beautiful part of having a black vehicle. If it started out any color but black, the hinges would look horrible not wrapped. And even if you did wrap them it would be a pain in the ass. But with black paint, just leave it.
Only pic of that side of the back I have my phone. Iā€™ll post new ones later.
Ford Bronco I wrapped my Badlands in Light Pistachio Green A383EB50-5221-4A1F-BEA6-C0F3233B7615

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Took delivery of her last Wed. On Friday it was in the shop getting wrapped in Averyā€™s Light Gloss Pistachio. Itā€™s a pastel green. Has a 1960ā€™s vibe to it.

A few of things first. Iā€™m a graphics installer for a living. Iā€™ve wrapped probably 1,000 vehicles in my career. I donā€™t do them much any more because thereā€™s really no money in it. Most of my business is flat walls. But Iā€™ll still do a vehicle a few times a year when itā€™s slow or itā€™s my own. Iā€™ve had this vinyl for a few months now, just waiting on our Bronco to be delivered. We ordered Shadow Black because we knew weā€™d be wrap it. And black vehicles are alway easier and turn out better when done. We picked this Light Pistachio color because it was subtle enough to be different, but not loud enough to be obnoxious. I want to drive down the street and have other Bronco owners look at it and say ā€œwhat?ā€, not ā€œOMGā€. I think we nailed it. The color works so good with the Broncoā€™s body linesā€¦.and heritage.
Ford Bronco I wrapped my Badlands in Light Pistachio Green A383EB50-5221-4A1F-BEA6-C0F3233B7615
Obviously the break down of handles & fender flares were super easy. Which made the install even quicker. Took me a day to wrap the whole thing. Wifey wanted to keep the Badlands badges so I did. And we both wanted to keep the Bronco logo on the back. So I removed it, wrapped the tailgate and used VHB to re-Install it.

I also did strips of PPF in all t he door sills to protect them. Eventually Iā€™ll takeoff the doors and wrap the entire jams. But I donā€™t have the door bags yet, so itā€™ll be while, and to be honest it doesnā€™t even look fun. Any advantage of black. If it started life out Race Red, the jams and rollbar would stand out like crazy and would have to be wrapped. Black goes with everything.

Ofher mods are a-pillar lights, shackles, HearShade bimini (which is awesome!) and black lug nuts. I plan on wrapping the beauty rings in the same color as the body, and then along with the black lug nuts, itā€™ll make the rims pop. The Rough Country leveling kit gets installed this coming weekend. And lastly, itā€™s getting Ceramic Quoted on Wednesday this week.

Couple of answers to questions I know people will have. First, it doesnā€™t look anything it like Cactus Grey. You can see the difference hereā€¦

Pricing. Tough one to nail nail down. The vinyl cost me $580 and the install was obviously free. I canā€™t and wonā€™t give you exact quotes on what wraps for your Bronco will cost. Because everyone charges different. But Iā€™d guess $2500-$3000 is fair based on what Iā€™d charge. If you want to buy the roll of vinyl yourself Iā€™ll send you the link, then you need to find someone to install it, which again, I can help find you a quality installer in your city. But Iā€™d guess $1000-$1500 for the install alone, because thatā€™s what Iā€™d charge if you called me to install it. (Please donā€™t šŸ˜‚)

How long does a wrap last. About 3 years is average. Depends on how you take care of it. Park it outside itā€™s whole life, never wash it and you let the birds shit on it, youā€™ll get a year. Park it in the garage, wash and wax it and take care of it, 5+ years. Yes, you can wax wraps. Itā€™s actually recommended. Synthetic wax only. Think of it as sunscreen for the vinyl. Itā€™ll keep all the nasty stuff off it. Itā€™s up to you how long you want it to last. Yes, itā€™ll scratch. But light scratches will come out with sunlight hitting it. Drag a shopping cart down the side, itā€™ll tear at it.
So far Iā€™ve had nothing but compliments. Iā€™m sure someone wonā€™t like the color. And thatā€™s fine. We all like what we like. Next year weā€™re going to wrap it in a Powder Blue and I still want to wrap it in Snow Camoā€¦which blends in to the Arizona landscape perfectly. šŸ˜‚
That is amazing! Can you get Antimatter Blue wrap?

TK-421

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That looks outstanding. I think you nailed it.

Sponsored

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can we see it with the door and hood open?

Thanks.

OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is amazing! Can you get Antimatter Blue wrap?
Yes, they do make vinyl that is close to AMB. Not exact, but close enough.

OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Rob1135ny

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Moab
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Congrats on the Broncoā€¦ just not a fan of the color. But hey itā€™s not mine lol ā€¦. Enjoy

BL2.7SAS4DR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks awesome! I'm getting my Badlands cyber orange wrapped in stealth ppf next week. My wife wants me to keep the Badlands stickers on too.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Took delivery of her last Wed. On Friday it was in the shop getting wrapped in Averyā€™s Light Gloss Pistachio. Itā€™s a pastel green. Has a 1960ā€™s vibe to it.

A few of things first. Iā€™m a graphics installer for a living. Iā€™ve wrapped probably 1,000 vehicles in my career. I donā€™t do them much any more because thereā€™s really no money in it. Most of my business is flat walls. But Iā€™ll still do a vehicle a few times a year when itā€™s slow or itā€™s my own. Iā€™ve had this vinyl for a few months now, just waiting on our Bronco to be delivered. We ordered Shadow Black because we knew weā€™d be wrap it. And black vehicles are alway easier and turn out better when done. We picked this Light Pistachio color because it was subtle enough to be different, but not loud enough to be obnoxious. I want to drive down the street and have other Bronco owners look at it and say ā€œwhat?ā€, not ā€œOMGā€. I think we nailed it. The color works so good with the Broncoā€™s body linesā€¦.and heritage.
Obviously the break down of handles & fender flares were super easy. Which made the install even quicker. Took me a day to wrap the whole thing. Wifey wanted to keep the Badlands badges so I did. And we both wanted to keep the Bronco logo on the back. So I removed it, wrapped the tailgate and used VHB to re-Install it.

I also did strips of PPF in all t he door sills to protect them. Eventually Iā€™ll takeoff the doors and wrap the entire jams. But I donā€™t have the door bags yet, so itā€™ll be while, and to be honest it doesnā€™t even look fun. Any advantage of black. If it started life out Race Red, the jams and rollbar would stand out like crazy and would have to be wrapped. Black goes with everything.

Ofher mods are a-pillar lights, shackles, HearShade bimini (which is awesome!) and black lug nuts. I plan on wrapping the beauty rings in the same color as the body, and then along with the black lug nuts, itā€™ll make the rims pop. The Rough Country leveling kit gets installed this coming weekend. And lastly, itā€™s getting Ceramic Quoted on Wednesday this week.

Couple of answers to questions I know people will have. First, it doesnā€™t look anything it like Cactus Grey. You can see the difference hereā€¦

Pricing. Tough one to nail nail down. The vinyl cost me $580 and the install was obviously free. I canā€™t and wonā€™t give you exact quotes on what wraps for your Bronco will cost. Because everyone charges different. But Iā€™d guess $2500-$3000 is fair based on what Iā€™d charge. If you want to buy the roll of vinyl yourself Iā€™ll send you the link, then you need to find someone to install it, which again, I can help find you a quality installer in your city. But Iā€™d guess $1000-$1500 for the install alone, because thatā€™s what Iā€™d charge if you called me to install it. (Please donā€™t šŸ˜‚)

How long does a wrap last. About 3 years is average. Depends on how you take care of it. Park it outside itā€™s whole life, never wash it and you let the birds shit on it, youā€™ll get a year. Park it in the garage, wash and wax it and take care of it, 5+ years. Yes, you can wax wraps. Itā€™s actually recommended. Synthetic wax only. Think of it as sunscreen for the vinyl. Itā€™ll keep all the nasty stuff off it. Itā€™s up to you how long you want it to last. Yes, itā€™ll scratch. But light scratches will come out with sunlight hitting it. Drag a shopping cart down the side, itā€™ll tear at it.
So far Iā€™ve had nothing but compliments. Iā€™m sure someone wonā€™t like the color. And thatā€™s fine. We all like what we like. Next year weā€™re going to wrap it in a Powder Blue and I still want to wrap it in Snow Camoā€¦which blends in to the Arizona landscape perfectly. šŸ˜‚
Not my color of choice, but it looks like you did a great job! I'm debating on doing a wrap then PPF on top of it.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Curious whos material did you use?