Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's the green Ford should have done! Looks fantastic! (y)
Sponsored

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Took delivery of her last Wed. On Friday it was in the shop getting wrapped in Averyā€™s Light Gloss Pistachio. Itā€™s a pastel green. Has a 1960ā€™s vibe to it.

A few of things first. Iā€™m a graphics installer for a living. Iā€™ve wrapped probably 1,000 vehicles in my career. I donā€™t do them much any more because thereā€™s really no money in it. Most of my business is flat walls. But Iā€™ll still do a vehicle a few times a year when itā€™s slow or itā€™s my own. Iā€™ve had this vinyl for a few months now, just waiting on our Bronco to be delivered. We ordered Shadow Black because we knew weā€™d be wrap it. And black vehicles are alway easier and turn out better when done. We picked this Light Pistachio color because it was subtle enough to be different, but not loud enough to be obnoxious. I want to drive down the street and have other Bronco owners look at it and say ā€œwhat?ā€, not ā€œOMGā€. I think we nailed it. The color works so good with the Broncoā€™s body linesā€¦.and heritage.
3EADAC0E-9866-410F-8528-85356A646B17.jpeg
Obviously the break down of handles & fender flares were super easy. Which made the install even quicker. Took me a day to wrap the whole thing. Wifey wanted to keep the Badlands badges so I did. And we both wanted to keep the Bronco logo on the back. So I removed it, wrapped the tailgate and used VHB to re-Install it.
67D90948-DF55-4A4A-8C28-6B26FA84C038.jpeg

I also did strips of PPF in all t he door sills to protect them. Eventually Iā€™ll takeoff the doors and wrap the entire jams. But I donā€™t have the door bags yet, so itā€™ll be while, and to be honest it doesnā€™t even look fun. Any advantage of black. If it started life out Race Red, the jams and rollbar would stand out like crazy and would have to be wrapped. Black goes with everything.

Ofher mods are a-pillar lights, shackles, HearShade bimini (which is awesome!) and black lug nuts. I plan on wrapping the beauty rings in the same color as the body, and then along with the black lug nuts, itā€™ll make the rims pop. The Rough Country leveling kit gets installed this coming weekend. And lastly, itā€™s getting Ceramic Quoted on Wednesday this week.

Couple of answers to questions I know people will have. First, it doesnā€™t look anything it like Cactus Grey. You can see the difference hereā€¦
DF5835FE-6A6E-4DF8-8798-0B2FF771241C.jpeg

Pricing. Tough one to nail nail down. The vinyl cost me $580 and the install was obviously free. I canā€™t and wonā€™t give you exact quotes on what wraps for your Bronco will cost. Because everyone charges different. But Iā€™d guess $2500-$3000 is fair based on what Iā€™d charge. If you want to buy the roll of vinyl yourself Iā€™ll send you the link, then you need to find someone to install it, which again, I can help find you a quality installer in your city. But Iā€™d guess $1000-$1500 for the install alone, because thatā€™s what Iā€™d charge if you called me to install it. (Please donā€™t šŸ˜‚)

How long does a wrap last. About 3 years is average. Depends on how you take care of it. Park it outside itā€™s whole life, never wash it and you let the birds shit on it, youā€™ll get a year. Park it in the garage, wash and wax it and take care of it, 5+ years. Yes, you can wax wraps. Itā€™s actually recommended. Synthetic wax only. Think of it as sunscreen for the vinyl. Itā€™ll keep all the nasty stuff off it. Itā€™s up to you how long you want it to last. Yes, itā€™ll scratch. But light scratches will come out with sunlight hitting it. Drag a shopping cart down the side, itā€™ll tear at it.
99096DE4-EDBD-47E5-A4FC-5AF792253BA6.jpeg
So far Iā€™ve had nothing but compliments. Iā€™m sure someone wonā€™t like the color. And thatā€™s fine. We all like what we like. Next year weā€™re going to wrap it in a Powder Blue and I still want to wrap it in Snow Camoā€¦which blends in to the Arizona landscape perfectly. šŸ˜‚
Very nice, i wrapped the top of my wife's BroncoSport. I was going to do similar when my bronco arrives. May I ask how much product did you buy? (how big of a roll?) thx!

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That looks fantastic!

Sponsored

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Depends on how you look at value. Wraps temporary, paint is permanent. My resale value stays the same because the original paint is perfect under the wrap, literally the sun has never seen it. A paint job has now ruined the resale because youā€™d need to find someone that wants that exact color. Plus $5000 for paint isnā€™t doing the entire car. The door jams, under the hood, wheel wheels, etc still arenā€™t painted. That said, I agree, wraps can get really pricey.
That makes sense in the fact that the original paint is protected.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Took delivery of her last Wed. On Friday it was in the shop getting wrapped in Averyā€™s Light Gloss Pistachio. Itā€™s a pastel green. Has a 1960ā€™s vibe to it.

A few of things first. Iā€™m a graphics installer for a living. Iā€™ve wrapped probably 1,000 vehicles in my career. I donā€™t do them much any more because thereā€™s really no money in it. Most of my business is flat walls. But Iā€™ll still do a vehicle a few times a year when itā€™s slow or itā€™s my own. Iā€™ve had this vinyl for a few months now, just waiting on our Bronco to be delivered. We ordered Shadow Black because we knew weā€™d be wrap it. And black vehicles are alway easier and turn out better when done. We picked this Light Pistachio color because it was subtle enough to be different, but not loud enough to be obnoxious. I want to drive down the street and have other Bronco owners look at it and say ā€œwhat?ā€, not ā€œOMGā€. I think we nailed it. The color works so good with the Broncoā€™s body linesā€¦.and heritage.
3EADAC0E-9866-410F-8528-85356A646B17.jpeg
Obviously the break down of handles & fender flares were super easy. Which made the install even quicker. Took me a day to wrap the whole thing. Wifey wanted to keep the Badlands badges so I did. And we both wanted to keep the Bronco logo on the back. So I removed it, wrapped the tailgate and used VHB to re-Install it.
67D90948-DF55-4A4A-8C28-6B26FA84C038.jpeg

I also did strips of PPF in all t he door sills to protect them. Eventually Iā€™ll takeoff the doors and wrap the entire jams. But I donā€™t have the door bags yet, so itā€™ll be while, and to be honest it doesnā€™t even look fun. Any advantage of black. If it started life out Race Red, the jams and rollbar would stand out like crazy and would have to be wrapped. Black goes with everything.

Ofher mods are a-pillar lights, shackles, HearShade bimini (which is awesome!) and black lug nuts. I plan on wrapping the beauty rings in the same color as the body, and then along with the black lug nuts, itā€™ll make the rims pop. The Rough Country leveling kit gets installed this coming weekend. And lastly, itā€™s getting Ceramic Quoted on Wednesday this week.

Couple of answers to questions I know people will have. First, it doesnā€™t look anything it like Cactus Grey. You can see the difference hereā€¦
DF5835FE-6A6E-4DF8-8798-0B2FF771241C.jpeg

Pricing. Tough one to nail nail down. The vinyl cost me $580 and the install was obviously free. I canā€™t and wonā€™t give you exact quotes on what wraps for your Bronco will cost. Because everyone charges different. But Iā€™d guess $2500-$3000 is fair based on what Iā€™d charge. If you want to buy the roll of vinyl yourself Iā€™ll send you the link, then you need to find someone to install it, which again, I can help find you a quality installer in your city. But Iā€™d guess $1000-$1500 for the install alone, because thatā€™s what Iā€™d charge if you called me to install it. (Please donā€™t šŸ˜‚)

How long does a wrap last. About 3 years is average. Depends on how you take care of it. Park it outside itā€™s whole life, never wash it and you let the birds shit on it, youā€™ll get a year. Park it in the garage, wash and wax it and take care of it, 5+ years. Yes, you can wax wraps. Itā€™s actually recommended. Synthetic wax only. Think of it as sunscreen for the vinyl. Itā€™ll keep all the nasty stuff off it. Itā€™s up to you how long you want it to last. Yes, itā€™ll scratch. But light scratches will come out with sunlight hitting it. Drag a shopping cart down the side, itā€™ll tear at it.
99096DE4-EDBD-47E5-A4FC-5AF792253BA6.jpeg
So far Iā€™ve had nothing but compliments. Iā€™m sure someone wonā€™t like the color. And thatā€™s fine. We all like what we like. Next year weā€™re going to wrap it in a Powder Blue and I still want to wrap it in Snow Camoā€¦which blends in to the Arizona landscape perfectly. šŸ˜‚
Ford Bronco I wrapped my Badlands in Light Pistachio Green Screenshot_20211102-102642_Gallery
my plan too ,that looks great how hard were the rear hinges?

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
LikeToTurnLeft,

I love the retro look. I work for Avery Dennison and thinking about using the Sea Breeze Blue on my impending BL. I attached the four new gloss pastel colors from the Supreme Wrapping line of films...too many colors to choose from!!

Ford Bronco I wrapped my Badlands in Light Pistachio Green Screenshot_20211102-102642_Gallery
I love that Sea Breeze Blue! Very much like Fender's (guitars) Sonic Blue that I've always been smitten with. It's similar to what I thought Cactus Gray would be based on the launch videos. Maybe a shade darker. I was really bummed to eventually learn Cactus Gray wasn't actually the color we all thought it was going to be. :(

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™ve wrapped probably 1,000 vehicles in my career. I donā€™t do them much any more because thereā€™s really no money in it.
This is surprising to me. Given all the new Bronco owners reportedly dropping $7k+ on wraps I figured skilled wrappers would be buying their own private islands in the Caribbean after a few years.

That said, this pistachio green is brilliant!!! I wish Ford had dipped into the color catalog of the original Bronco for the new model.

Sponsored

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is surprising to me. Given all the new Bronco owners reportedly dropping $7k+ on wraps I figured skilled wrappers would be buying their own private islands in the Caribbean after a few years.

That said, this pistachio green is brilliant!!! I wish Ford had dipped into the color catalog of the original Bronco for the new model.
I would be down for this blue. Kind of like yours with a little more punch.

C3F73ED3-70CE-427D-978A-3999B7460ABB.jpeg

alyssakatherine

Outer Banks
First Name
Alyssa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco I wrapped my Badlands in Light Pistachio Green C3F73ED3-70CE-427D-978A-3999B7460ABB
Ford Bronco I wrapped my Badlands in Light Pistachio Green C3F73ED3-70CE-427D-978A-3999B7460ABB

Question for you. I noticed you said Black is easy to wrap, what do you think about white? I'm probably just going to do some stripes, but if I can afford a full wrap I might go that route!

gtx_bronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be honest I read the title and expected to HATE this......I dont. That looks pretty awesome. :)

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco I wrapped my Badlands in Light Pistachio Green bronco

Very cool. I had hoped the Cactus Grey was closer to this color than "drywall" color.
Sponsored