Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Transit Connect & 2007 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LikeToTurnLeft,

I love the retro look. I work for Avery Dennison and thinking about using the Sea Breeze Blue on my impending BL. I attached the four new gloss pastel colors from the Supreme Wrapping line of films...too many colors to choose from!!

1635866497981.png
Awesome a massive Avery fan. It’s all I use and recommend.

Smokey Blue was my wife’s first choice. But ultimately we did the Pistachio because Ford didn’t offer anything in the green family and there was already 2 blues from the factory. Smokey Blue would look absolutely killer on a Bronco!!

Fun fact. I’m the first Avery Certified Installer in the world. I also helped Justin out on writing a few of the test questions. I am not listed on the “find an installer” site on purpose, as I do not do retail installs and don’t need those type of leads.
Sponsored

OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love the color!
I live in Laveen, AZ. How's the soft top in this AZ heat ? It's still into the 90s in November...
Honestly. I’ve had the top all the down since we bought 6 days ago. Gearshade bimini is awesome. I literally just put the windows back in so I could wash it. Our weather right now, and for the next 9 months, demands that the top is all the way down. 😉

OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the follow up. (y) I could see that you did not wrap them. I was just curious if you had attempted it and scrapped it. I'm not 100% convinced it can be done cleanly without looking wrapped.
You can get them to look fine. Just will take time.

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@LikeToTurnLeft Very nice job! Super impressed! So how would Oxford White look as the base color instead of black? I will say this gained some interest from my wife after showing this. Wondering about a boxwood green with white accent.

Last edited:

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Took delivery of her last Wed. On Friday it was in the shop getting wrapped in Avery’s Light Gloss Pistachio. It’s a pastel green. Has a 1960’s vibe to it.

A few of things first. I’m a graphics installer for a living. I’ve wrapped probably 1,000 vehicles in my career. I don’t do them much any more because there’s really no money in it. Most of my business is flat walls. But I’ll still do a vehicle a few times a year when it’s slow or it’s my own. I’ve had this vinyl for a few months now, just waiting on our Bronco to be delivered. We ordered Shadow Black because we knew we’d be wrap it. And black vehicles are alway easier and turn out better when done. We picked this Light Pistachio color because it was subtle enough to be different, but not loud enough to be obnoxious. I want to drive down the street and have other Bronco owners look at it and say “what?”, not “OMG”. I think we nailed it. The color works so good with the Bronco’s body lines….and heritage.
3EADAC0E-9866-410F-8528-85356A646B17.jpeg
Obviously the break down of handles & fender flares were super easy. Which made the install even quicker. Took me a day to wrap the whole thing. Wifey wanted to keep the Badlands badges so I did. And we both wanted to keep the Bronco logo on the back. So I removed it, wrapped the tailgate and used VHB to re-Install it.
67D90948-DF55-4A4A-8C28-6B26FA84C038.jpeg

I also did strips of PPF in all t he door sills to protect them. Eventually I’ll takeoff the doors and wrap the entire jams. But I don’t have the door bags yet, so it’ll be while, and to be honest it doesn’t even look fun. Any advantage of black. If it started life out Race Red, the jams and rollbar would stand out like crazy and would have to be wrapped. Black goes with everything.

Ofher mods are a-pillar lights, shackles, HearShade bimini (which is awesome!) and black lug nuts. I plan on wrapping the beauty rings in the same color as the body, and then along with the black lug nuts, it’ll make the rims pop. The Rough Country leveling kit gets installed this coming weekend. And lastly, it’s getting Ceramic Quoted on Wednesday this week.

Couple of answers to questions I know people will have. First, it doesn’t look anything it like Cactus Grey. You can see the difference here…
DF5835FE-6A6E-4DF8-8798-0B2FF771241C.jpeg

Pricing. Tough one to nail nail down. The vinyl cost me $580 and the install was obviously free. I can’t and won’t give you exact quotes on what wraps for your Bronco will cost. Because everyone charges different. But I’d guess $2500-$3000 is fair based on what I’d charge. If you want to buy the roll of vinyl yourself I’ll send you the link, then you need to find someone to install it, which again, I can help find you a quality installer in your city. But I’d guess $1000-$1500 for the install alone, because that’s what I’d charge if you called me to install it. (Please don’t 😂)

How long does a wrap last. About 3 years is average. Depends on how you take care of it. Park it outside it’s whole life, never wash it and you let the birds shit on it, you’ll get a year. Park it in the garage, wash and wax it and take care of it, 5+ years. Yes, you can wax wraps. It’s actually recommended. Synthetic wax only. Think of it as sunscreen for the vinyl. It’ll keep all the nasty stuff off it. It’s up to you how long you want it to last. Yes, it’ll scratch. But light scratches will come out with sunlight hitting it. Drag a shopping cart down the side, it’ll tear at it.
99096DE4-EDBD-47E5-A4FC-5AF792253BA6.jpeg
So far I’ve had nothing but compliments. I’m sure someone won’t like the color. And that’s fine. We all like what we like. Next year we’re going to wrap it in a Powder Blue and I still want to wrap it in Snow Camo…which blends in to the Arizona landscape perfectly. 😂
Lovin' it. You are badass, Leroy Brown. Baddest man in all your town.

Sponsored

bbkat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
can't wait to see a powder blue or that sea breeze shade

OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@LikeToTurnLeft Very nice job! Super impressed! So how would Oxford White look as the base color instead of black? I will say this gained some interest from my wife after showing this. Wondering about a boxwood green with white accent.
That was our original plan, to wrap the rollbar white. Definitely an old school feel.

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco I wrapped my Badlands in Light Pistachio Green 1635972986981

I like it I've never thought of that color before but it looks good.

jjcsr74

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 FJ '15 GT500, '21 BadSquatch, '22 BLk Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Took delivery of her last Wed. On Friday it was in the shop getting wrapped in Avery’s Light Gloss Pistachio. It’s a pastel green. Has a 1960’s vibe to it.

A few of things first. I’m a graphics installer for a living. I’ve wrapped probably 1,000 vehicles in my career. I don’t do them much any more because there’s really no money in it. Most of my business is flat walls. But I’ll still do a vehicle a few times a year when it’s slow or it’s my own. I’ve had this vinyl for a few months now, just waiting on our Bronco to be delivered. We ordered Shadow Black because we knew we’d be wrap it. And black vehicles are alway easier and turn out better when done. We picked this Light Pistachio color because it was subtle enough to be different, but not loud enough to be obnoxious. I want to drive down the street and have other Bronco owners look at it and say “what?”, not “OMG”. I think we nailed it. The color works so good with the Bronco’s body lines….and heritage.
Obviously the break down of handles & fender flares were super easy. Which made the install even quicker. Took me a day to wrap the whole thing. Wifey wanted to keep the Badlands badges so I did. And we both wanted to keep the Bronco logo on the back. So I removed it, wrapped the tailgate and used VHB to re-Install it.

I also did strips of PPF in all t he door sills to protect them. Eventually I’ll takeoff the doors and wrap the entire jams. But I don’t have the door bags yet, so it’ll be while, and to be honest it doesn’t even look fun. Any advantage of black. If it started life out Race Red, the jams and rollbar would stand out like crazy and would have to be wrapped. Black goes with everything.

Ofher mods are a-pillar lights, shackles, HearShade bimini (which is awesome!) and black lug nuts. I plan on wrapping the beauty rings in the same color as the body, and then along with the black lug nuts, it’ll make the rims pop. The Rough Country leveling kit gets installed this coming weekend. And lastly, it’s getting Ceramic Quoted on Wednesday this week.

Couple of answers to questions I know people will have. First, it doesn’t look anything it like Cactus Grey. You can see the difference here…

Pricing. Tough one to nail nail down. The vinyl cost me $580 and the install was obviously free. I can’t and won’t give you exact quotes on what wraps for your Bronco will cost. Because everyone charges different. But I’d guess $2500-$3000 is fair based on what I’d charge. If you want to buy the roll of vinyl yourself I’ll send you the link, then you need to find someone to install it, which again, I can help find you a quality installer in your city. But I’d guess $1000-$1500 for the install alone, because that’s what I’d charge if you called me to install it. (Please don’t 😂)

How long does a wrap last. About 3 years is average. Depends on how you take care of it. Park it outside it’s whole life, never wash it and you let the birds shit on it, you’ll get a year. Park it in the garage, wash and wax it and take care of it, 5+ years. Yes, you can wax wraps. It’s actually recommended. Synthetic wax only. Think of it as sunscreen for the vinyl. It’ll keep all the nasty stuff off it. It’s up to you how long you want it to last. Yes, it’ll scratch. But light scratches will come out with sunlight hitting it. Drag a shopping cart down the side, it’ll tear at it.
So far I’ve had nothing but compliments. I’m sure someone won’t like the color. And that’s fine. We all like what we like. Next year we’re going to wrap it in a Powder Blue and I still want to wrap it in Snow Camo…which blends in to the Arizona landscape perfectly. 😂
That's a fantastic color, and YES that's a WOW!

Sponsored

OkieB6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2010 Forte Koup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bravo! I love that color on the Bronco.

RWBigBend21

Big Bend
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline RTL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

As long as you’re happy, that’s all that matters

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LikeToTurnLeft,

I love the retro look. I work for Avery Dennison and thinking about using the Sea Breeze Blue on my impending BL. I attached the four new gloss pastel colors from the Supreme Wrapping line of films...too many colors to choose from!!

Nice to know you work for AD. Do you know if they have a color similar to this ?

(a little less pistachio'y) thx!

Ford Bronco I wrapped my Badlands in Light Pistachio Green 1636913705074

OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice to know you work for AD. Do you know if they have a color similar to this ?

(a little less pistachio'y) thx!

Ford Bronco I wrapped my Badlands in Light Pistachio Green 1636913705074
I don’t work for Avery. Just a fan from the beginning. I don’t know if they have something like that. I’ve never seen one, or nothign stands out to me. Try metrorestyling.com and look at samples. They’ll mail you pieces for $1.

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t work for Avery. Just a fan from the beginning. I don’t know if they have something like that. I’ve never seen one, or nothign stands out to me. Try metrorestyling.com and look at samples. They’ll mail you pieces for $1.
Thanks i've been on the hunt, and I purchase from metrorestyling or rvinyl usually...but cant find that color :(
Sponsored