Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Aha! Now I can see what it's supposed to do it. It won't quite latch.
Sponsored

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@IAG Performance Installed today on my now 22 4 door....love how it pops up the back bar!! BUT, when all is folded back, all open position, the struts want to push it up, so it rides up....wondering if that'll calm down or do I need to strap it down now?
The top should not lift at all if it is fully latched. If you are having trouble fully latching the top back, you made need to adjust the catches some.

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Some things I'd like to note:

1) I wouldn't mind a version of this that was only designed to only lift the back for convenience. I'm not finding the assist part of this to be super handy, in fact it downright makes putting the top down much harder.

2) I am struggling now to understand how the top material is supposed to fold as the top is compressing down. I always feel like then I finally get it down that I have to go from side to side on the vehicle and ensure the folds are not getting pinched up in all the linkages.

As it stands, though I do like some of this kit, I'm inclined to remove it, except for that fact that I love it holds the soft top up when you're accessing the trunk.
Thank you for your feedback. When you are putting the soft top down, try using the method in the video below. That may be all you need to make it a bit easier for you. As far as the folding of the top material goes, that's going to be something you have to deal with regardless of whether you have the system installed or not.

AlexInNY

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 428; Grand Wagoneer; MB 230E; Pacifica
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thank you for your feedback. When you are putting the soft top down, try using the method in the video below. That may be all you need to make it a bit easier for you. As far as the folding of the top material goes, that's going to be something you have to deal with regardless of whether you have the system installed or not.

Not the strut’s fault at all, but I wish mine latched that easily. I have to go slam each individual side down.

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not the strut’s fault at all, but I wish mine latched that easily. I have to go slam each individual side down.
Adjust your latches. Almost every person I've talked to that has had latching issues has had a marked improvement after adjusting them.

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll give it a shot. I'll try and setup a tripod from a side profile and capture how my material is folding as it comes down. From what I recall tho, my top does not tolerate sitting in that position so you can move around to the rear. If you let go for even a second it pushes forward and relatches itself. Some video will tell all I guess :)

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Discovered that everything does lock down back there, whether half open or full open!! Had no idea. All is well.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Adjust your latches. Almost every person I've talked to that has had latching issues has had a marked improvement after adjusting them.
Can you be more specific as to HOW we should be adjusting them? I've already tried adjusting one catch: I didn't notice any improvement...

Thomas

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My problem isn't getting it down, it's getting the latch to unlatch when I want to put it back up. I feel like I have to put all my weight on it to get it to unlatch. Any suggestions?

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My problem isn't getting it down, it's getting the latch to unlatch when I want to put it back up. I feel like I have to put all my weight on it to get it to unlatch. Any suggestions?
Can you share the production date of your rig? Also maybe a picture of the rear corners of the soft top framework. Like here:
Ford Bronco IAG EZ-Lift Soft Top Assist CE45DB16-7FDF-48C9-A89C-59FAD114924F

Sponsored

Thomas

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you share the production date of your rig? Also maybe a picture of the rear corners of the soft top framework. Like here:
Ford Bronco IAG EZ-Lift Soft Top Assist CE45DB16-7FDF-48C9-A89C-59FAD114924F
Mid March 2022, I'd have to look up exact date if needed.

20220718_112040.jpg

Thomas

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thomas

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I do apologize for that, I have since responded. Again as my email stated I would be happy to help to resolve this issue and work together so that you are able to use your product as intended. We do want to make this right and gain insight on what is exactly going on but unfortunately you stated that the product was uninstalled which does hinder us from doing so. If you are willing to work together with us we are here to help!
Thank you
Kathy
As someone encountering the very same squeaking/ creaking noises, what solution would you suggest I take to use this product as intended?

I love the functionality this product brings but the noise - most audible below 40 mph, which is where I spend most of my daily driving - is driving me out of my f*&*@#$ mind.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As someone encountering the very same squeaking/ creaking noises, what solution would you suggest I take to use this product as intended?

I love the functionality this product brings but the noise - most audible below 40 mph, which is where I spend most of my daily driving - is driving me out of my f*&*@#$ mind.
Makes no sense. Is it latched down? There's nothing to move.
Sponsored