Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve got the squeaks @IAG Performance im local Baltimore county if you want to take a listen.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, that's not a squeak, which I would asunder would be from the struts. That's a rattle... Something about hardware attachment.?

Keith23

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@IAG Performance is there a video on how to remove this kit? I don’t think I like how high up it lifts the back up to access the trunk, it lifts it about an inch too high, In the installation video it shows the prop still being able to reach the spot to prop it up,my prop does not anymore. Thank you

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any suggestions?
Start by adjusting the pins that the latch grabs on both sides of the soft top frame. I attached a picture and video below. You want to loosen the two T30 torx bolts on each side and slide the pins towards the FRONT of the truck. You will have a T30 bit in the tool kit that came with your Bronco. It is the chrome bit. You can do this with the top in the open position but do not latch it all the way down. This should reduce the effort needed to open the latch to close the top. The latches themselves can also be adjusted by sliding them towards the rear of the truck, but start with the pins since they are easier to access. You may have to play with these a bit to get it to a point where it opens and closes easily and smoothly.

Ford Bronco IAG EZ-Lift Soft Top Assist 1659445065078

Sponsored
OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@IAG Performance is there a video on how to remove this kit? I don’t think I like how high up it lifts the back up to access the trunk, it lifts it about an inch too high, In the installation video it shows the prop still being able to reach the spot to prop it up,my prop does not anymore. Thank you
There is no removal video, but it would be removed simply using the same steps for installation. The only thing that you would need to do additionally is use a small screwdriver to twist open the metal clip that secures the plastic ends of the struts to the ball joints. With that being said though, the whole point of the system is to get rid of the need to use the prop rod entirely. While it does lift the top ever so slightly more than the prop rod does, there are stops on the top framework itself to prevent the top from ever going "to far" up and there is no harm in the top being lifted up that slight bit more.

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As someone encountering the very same squeaking/ creaking noises, what solution would you suggest I take to use this product as intended?

I love the functionality this product brings but the noise - most audible below 40 mph, which is where I spend most of my daily driving - is driving me out of my f*&*@#$ mind.
Is this with the top fully closed, open to position 1, or fully open?

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is this with the top fully closed, open to position 1, or fully open?
Primarily position one but occasionally getting the creak when fully closed. All appropriate latches are engaged.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is no removal video, but it would be removed simply using the same steps for installation. The only thing that you would need to do additionally is use a small screwdriver to twist open the metal clip that secures the plastic ends of the struts to the ball joints. With that being said though, the whole point of the system is to get rid of the need to use the prop rod entirely. While it does lift the top ever so slightly more than the prop rod does, there are stops on the top framework itself to prevent the top from ever going "to far" up and there is no harm in the top being lifted up that slight bit more.
Pulled my prop rod out so it doesn't accidentally fall and scratch the tailgate....and it serves no purpose now.

Keith23

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for The reply guys.

Sponsored
OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Primarily position one but occasionally getting the creak when fully closed. All appropriate latches are engaged.
Regardless of if the latches are engaged, they may still need to be adjusted slightly to ensure they are putting the appropriate amount of pressure on the top. Ford even has a TSB out for squeaks/rattles on the soft top. All of the latches and catches are adjustable. Some are adjusted front to back while others are adjusted up and down. One of the other things to check is the mounting bolts for the soft top itself in the trunk. There are 3 on each side underneath plastic cover panels. We've seen a few come straight from the factory either loose or not resting on the alignment pins properly.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Regardless of if the latches are engaged, they may still need to be adjusted slightly to ensure they are putting the appropriate amount of pressure on the top. Ford even has a TSB out for squeaks/rattles on the soft top. All of the latches and catches are adjustable. Some are adjusted front to back while others are adjusted up and down. One of the other things to check is the mounting bolts for the soft top itself in the trunk. There are 3 on each side underneath plastic cover panels. We've seen a few come straight from the factory either loose or not resting on the alignment pins properly.
Adjusted those 3 (or 6) to get it seated squarely immediately after taking delivery and before installing your struts (and before the existence of said squeak TSB, which I've yet to see, I think? Do you have a link?)

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I believe the rattle comes from the strut itself. If you shake the chrome piston rod it taps against the tube making the same sound you hear while driving. For me, it goes away with the top down but I hear it going over a bumpy road while in position 1 more frequently than with the top closed. Happens with top closed too though.

It's annoying but I live with it as the benefit when lifting the open top is so much easier with the struts than without.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Adjusted those 3 (or 6) to get it seated squarely immediately after taking delivery and before installing your struts (and before the existence of said squeak TSB, which I've yet to see, I think? Do you have a link?)
I found these 2 for soft top noises.

https://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Bronco/2021/tsbs/tsb-tsb-22-2070.shtml

https://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Bronco/2021/tsbs/tsb-tsb-22-2142.shtml

whole list:
https://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Bronco/2021/tsbs/

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I was swapping out my bungees yesterday I noticed some threads showing on one of my struts where it joins the ball joint, maybe 3/4" I simply spun the strut and threaded it back in, but something to keep an eye on. I still can't latch the top into the down position pulling down from the back, so today I will attempt the latch adjustments. Right now I pull it down and the move to the left side first, and then right side.
Sponsored