First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Installed mine today. Very happy overall w/ the product. If not for my one issue (below) the install would have been quick/easy/painless. The only disappointing thing/issue was that mine arrived w/ no bands around them keeping them compressed (they were not in the box either so not like they came off during shipping they just weren't included). So that was a PITA$$ and had to use some ratchet straps to get them down/installed.
Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@IAG Performance It seems we hear about quite a few folks who have had the straps come off of their struts during shipping. I wonder if maybe you should start wrapping the ends of the struts with tape, or even some cellophane wrap, to keep the bands from slipping off... šŸ’ā€ā™‚ļø

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Installed mine today. Very happy overall w/ the product. If not for my one issue (below) the install would have been quick/easy/painless. The only disappointing thing/issue was that mine arrived w/ no bands around them keeping them compressed (they were not in the box either so not like they came off during shipping they just weren't included). So that was a PITA$$ and had to use some ratchet straps to get them down/installed.
The bands are no longer used! New instructions should have explained that. The updated part number for the EZ lift without bands is IAG-BDY-F1003.

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I have the originals installed, went through the paint scratches and installed the modified parts (all good, IAG did solid with all that). Both sides are making a clicking/tapping sound in both the up or down position whenever I go over bumps. It's driving me nuts.

Anyone else have that?

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I have the originals installed, went through the paint scratches and installed the modified parts (all good, IAG did solid with all that). Both sides are making a clicking/tapping sound in both the up or down position whenever I go over bumps. It's driving me nuts.

Anyone else have that?
Yep

Sponsored

Broncus Amongus

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Anyone else have that?
Yep. I think it is something to do with the bar above the back window. Thankfully I like to jam out so itā€™s less bothersome.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The bands are no longer used! New instructions should have explained that. The updated part number for the EZ lift without bands is IAG-BDY-F1003.
Are the new struts different? If so, why the change?

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are the new struts different? If so, why the change?
Functionally the new struts are the same. The biggest considerations for the change was packaging, ease of installation, and availability. Rest assured they perform the same task in the same manner!

StixHunt

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Functionally the new struts are the same. The biggest considerations for the change was packaging, ease of installation, and availability. Rest assured they perform the same task in the same manner!
What was the thought process behind switching the orientation of the new struts? I recently purchased and installed a kit this week and the newest video says to install the struts with the thin side down and fat side up, opposite of what your previous videos showed.

Did this change anything in the operation of the kit? After install I am enjoying the ā€œautoā€ operation of the rear lift and the ease of moving the top from all the way down to position 1. However, with this new kit installed it is now harder than ever to move the top from position 1 to fully down. I havenā€™t seen any complaints about your kit making it harder in the past but I sure notice it with these new struts positioned in the opposite orientation.

It almost seems like Iā€™m fighting to compress the shocks the whole time while moving the top down. Has anyone else complained about this with the new shocks installed in the new recommended position? Thanks

CKXVII

Outer Banks
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone else have that?
YES.

Since installing the new brackets, Iā€™ve also noticed the velcro lining on the top corners of the rear panel no longer line up, no matter how hard I stretch itā€¦so thereā€™s some exposed velcro on both sides now. Just curious if @IAG Performance has heard about it yet?

Sponsored

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you havenā€™t tried it this way, hereā€™s what I doā€¦

After you flip back the forward section, unlatch the lever on the left side and let the top ā€œfloatā€ up to the highest point on its own. At this point, open the tailgate and pull the whole thing down from the center. (You get more leverage this way, with less chance of scratching things ). Then you can walk around to the left side (while holding it down) pull down firmly to latch it, and then do the same on the right side.
Thank you so much for this info, this does work way better and doesn't take much time time!

Dave_1978

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just installed mine but I have a question on the provided hardware.

Is it normal not to have any thread protrusion after you install top brackets?

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just installed mine but I have a question on the provided hardware.

Is it normal not to have any thread protrusion after you install top brackets?
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Can you send a picture to [email protected] for us to take a look?

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
YES.

Since installing the new brackets, Iā€™ve also noticed the velcro lining on the top corners of the rear panel no longer line up, no matter how hard I stretch itā€¦so thereā€™s some exposed velcro on both sides now. Just curious if @IAG Performance has heard about it yet?
We have experienced this since getting our Bronco from the dealership, prior to installing our EZ-Lift system. The top has always wanted to ride up a bit in the back and no amount of pulling can make the velcro line up perfectly. It doesn't help that the velcro on the top is stitched to another piece of fabric that is loose on the top so even if you could get the velcro lined up perfect, it's still going to pull up some and leave it a bit exposed.

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What was the thought process behind switching the orientation of the new struts? I recently purchased and installed a kit this week and the newest video says to install the struts with the thin side down and fat side up, opposite of what your previous videos showed.

Did this change anything in the operation of the kit? After install I am enjoying the ā€œautoā€ operation of the rear lift and the ease of moving the top from all the way down to position 1. However, with this new kit installed it is now harder than ever to move the top from position 1 to fully down. I havenā€™t seen any complaints about your kit making it harder in the past but I sure notice it with these new struts positioned in the opposite orientation.

It almost seems like Iā€™m fighting to compress the shocks the whole time while moving the top down. Has anyone else complained about this with the new shocks installed in the new recommended position? Thanks
The struts can be installed in either direction, but we have them installed with the "thin end" facing down just to help alleviate any potential rubbing issues. We haven't experienced any rubbing at all with the new upper brackets, but this is just an extra precaution.

It is going to take some additional force to close the top above what you used to experience, due to the force of the strut that helps close the top. We find that the little bit of additional force far outweighs the fight the top gives you going into the closed position without them. I would request that you take a picture of the lower framework of your top, located at the spot I pictured below. There are two versions of the soft top that Ford released, an early version and a late version. We have found that the early versions do seem to be a bit harder, and we are currently looking into why that is.

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}
Sponsored