Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks.
Those two are absolutely useless for my scenario - they only address squeaks/ creaks made when the top is fully secured. No notes on adjusting anything else or attempting to lubricate anything that would be in play when opened to position 1.

Oh well.
Sponsored

coreymd

Big Bend
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '20 HAH
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@IAG Performance, I preordred the soft top assist and it's been one of my favorite accessories. Great product.

I've been closing the soft top this way:

Ford Bronco IAG EZ-Lift Soft Top Assist Screenshot_20220807-190432

And this method works fine.

However, I'm going to be adding a security enclosure that will prevent me from pulling down on the soft top frame from the inside. The bottom of the frame will contact the top of the enclosure, so there is no space for hands and fingers.

I looked for a spot where I could add something like a pull handle (such as the T-slot track where the factory prop is mounted), but anything mounted to the inside of the frame won't allow for enough leverage. The strap for a handle will contact the enclosure lid before the soft top frame can be pulled far enough down to latch.

So, just looking for some engineering advice. If you had to design a handle for pulling the soft top closed (to counter the resistance of the assist kit), how would you do it?

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@IAG Performance, I preordred the soft top assist and it's been one of my favorite accessories. Great product.

I've been closing the soft top this way:

Ford Bronco IAG EZ-Lift Soft Top Assist Screenshot_20220807-190432

And this method works fine.

However, I'm going to be adding a security enclosure that will prevent me from pulling down on the soft top frame from the inside. The bottom of the frame will contact the top of the enclosure, so there is no space for hands and fingers.

I looked for a spot where I could add something like a pull handle (such as the T-slot track where the factory prop is mounted), but anything mounted to the inside of the frame won't allow for enough leverage. The strap for a handle will contact the enclosure lid before the soft top frame can be pulled far enough down to latch.

So, just looking for some engineering advice. If you had to design a handle for pulling the soft top closed (to counter the resistance of the assist kit), how would you do it?
Which security enclosure are you going with? The reason I ask is the ones I have seen so far allow just enough space for your fingers to close the top as shown.

coreymd

Big Bend
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '20 HAH
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Which security enclosure are you going with? The reason I ask is the ones I have seen so far allow just enough space for your fingers to close the top as shown.
Thanks for the quick response. I'm going with the Slipstream from Diabolical, Inc.

https://shop.diabolicalinc.com/coll...s/slipstream-bronco-security-enclosure-4-door

And since I don't have it yet, I'm using this comment as my point of reference:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-the-diabolical-slipstream.45288/post-1426896

I've tried closing the soft top by the top corners, and it's not something my wife will able to do.

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the quick response. I'm going with the Slipstream from Diabolical, Inc.

https://shop.diabolicalinc.com/coll...s/slipstream-bronco-security-enclosure-4-door

And since I don't have it yet, I'm using this comment as my point of reference:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-the-diabolical-slipstream.45288/post-1426896

I've tried closing the soft top by the top corners, and it's not something my wife will able to do.
If you go back to the early pages of this thread, there were a few members that commented that they had a Slipstream enclosure and there was enough rough to get your fingers in-between still. We don't have a Slipstream enclosure so I can't say that for certain though.

Sponsored

coreymd

Big Bend
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '20 HAH
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Midlife Crisis

Badlands
First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Missing my 86 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have both the IAG soft top assist and the Slipstream. I close my soft top from the outside. One hand on top of the back of the soft top and one hand on the bottom by the crossmember. Once the release latches are properly adjusted, the top closes easy.

coreymd

Big Bend
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '20 HAH
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have both the IAG soft top assist and the Slipstream. I close my soft top from the outside. One hand on top of the back of the soft top and one hand on the bottom by the crossmember. Once the release latches are properly adjusted, the top closes easy.
Are you snapping the top downward with some force? Or are you manually holding the corner latches open until they clear the latch points?

After adjusting the latch lever positions laterally to match the new catch offset (caused by installing the rear corner bracket behind the factory catch), the end of the levers don't clear the lid of the Slipstream. And so they don't fully latch.

This is problem with the Slipstream install, not IAG'S soft top assist though. I'd have the same latching issue regardless. Heading over to the Diabolical thread...

Midlife Crisis

Badlands
First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Missing my 86 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you snapping the top downward with some force? Or are you manually holding the corner latches open until they clear the latch points?

After adjusting the latch lever positions laterally to match the new catch offset (caused by installing the rear corner bracket behind the factory catch), the end of the levers don't clear the lid of the Slipstream. And so they don't fully latch.

This is problem with the Slipstream install, not IAG'S soft top assist though. I'd have the same latching issue regardless. Heading over to the Diabolical thread...
I am using force. So long as your latches are hitting the retaining bar such that the slope allows for proper latch engagement (i.e. the latch can clip itself over the bar and not bind itself closed), it should be fine.

coreymd

Big Bend
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '20 HAH
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am using force. So long as your latches are hitting the retaining bar such that the slope allows for proper latch engagement (i.e. the latch can clip itself over the bar and not bind itself closed), it should be fine.
Thanks for the confirmation. That's how I adjusted the levers - there's just enough slope on the underside of the latch to push it open automatically when I close it with force. But then the lever ends clack down onto the metal lid of the Slipstream and the latches aren't 100% closed, compared to not having the lid in the way.

Sponsored

TowBoater

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Installed mine a few weeks back and love it with only one exception. At times a song or songs may come and the volume on the B&O system may hit ear drum splitting levels :) At those levels the inner tube do rattle quite loudly. I have already reached out and IAG is looking into it now so I am happy.
Have you heard anything back from them? As mine rattles as well. But I usually have my volume between 15 and 20. It's strange though, because it's only the right one that rattles.. for now lol.

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have you heard anything back from them? As mine rattles as well. But I usually have my volume between 15 and 20. It's strange though, because it's only the right one that rattles.. for now lol.
The same side the subwoofer is located on, correct?

TowBoater

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The same side the subwoofer is located on, correct?
It sounds as if it's the actual strut rattling real bad. The brackets are all tight. I have had the struts for maybe 5 months? And this just started happening last month. Everything was fine up until then

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It sounds as if it's the actual strut rattling real bad. The brackets are all tight. I have had the struts for maybe 5 months? And this just started happening last month. Everything was fine up until then
Send us an email to [email protected] with your order details and we will see what we can come up with for you!
Sponsored