Sponsored

IAG Interior Dome Light install, 4 dr HT.

BigSkyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - '96 Toyota FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the some wire and heatshrink connectors ready but haven't wired for the upfitter switches yet. I'm fairly certain it'll work with both at the same time as that was my understanding at the time of purchase.
You can be positively certain. IAG reached out to me and confirmed that having two "switches" for the lights (door and upfitter) would work. It was easy to do and I now can turn them on anytime. Great lighting upgrade!
Sponsored

BLINDSIDE

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Its not you... Those wires and colors are a little wankie... There's a grey wire that's easy to reach. i.e. right on top when you access the plug.... That ain't the one...
The one you want is kinda buried in the bundle of wires. Its a bitch to reach as there's not much slack and its in a tight spot. But, once you see that grey wire (in the middle) you'll know its the one as the colors on it are fairly obvious.

I used a combination of 3 different YT install videos to do this install as the pictures provided just aren't enough... But, its worth it.
I wish I had read this before wiring mine up yesterday! Of course I wired to the dark wire and was dog cussing IAG when they didn’t work after an hour of being contorted to reach that wiring location. After reading your reply, I switched the wiring up today and came out perfect. Thanks!! Also ran the aux wire which was a much easier process.

Ltjb8

Wildtrak
First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There should be a thread on everyone's experience with this.

I DID finally get mine on the correct wire and they work great now. IAG pointed out that I wasn't looking high enough (definitely an exercise in contortionism) and was trying to find the wire on the middle plug and not the top one.

Long story short...
My first attempt resulted in the lights only coming on when I stepped on the brake.

Compliments to @IAG Performance for the support and encouragement and great job with these lights.

BBlev23

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc and ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey guys, I’ve installed the lights and tapped into the correct gray wire with purple stripe. But now the dome lights don’t turn on when the doors open, nor do the leds work. Any ideas where to troubleshoot?

Sponsored

BlazinGrizz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco OBX / 2020 Subaru Ascent Touring
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I didnt tap into that wire, I wanted manual control so I just ran it to Aux 6 instead that way I dont have bright lights coming on everytime a door opens, I just flick the switch whenever I do need it.
May be a dumb question here, as my Bronco hasn't been delivered. I'd like to do the same wiring to an aux switch. Does the accessory power have to be on for this to work with the switch, or would I be able to flick the aux switch anytime I run out to the car for something? I'm not sure if the aux switched are always hot or not.

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

May be a dumb question here, as my Bronco hasn't been delivered. I'd like to do the same wiring to an aux switch. Does the accessory power have to be on for this to work with the switch, or would I be able to flick the aux switch anytime I run out to the car for something? I'm not sure if the aux switched are always hot or not.
All the Aux switches require accessory power.

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@ATLBronco75 is correct, accessory power is required.

Chicoricopico

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
+1 on problems identifying the correct wire.

If you're reading this BEFORE install... DO NOT BELIEVE YOUR EYES when you find the first grey wire with a stripe. As mentioned by others, its likely not the one.

There is a grey/brown stripe that looks mysteriously like purple when your head is crammed under the dash.

The grey/purple wire is buried a little deeper in the harness.

Check. Double Check. Triple Check. Ask someone with better eyes than you to try and see the difference between the brown & purple lol!

SillyPosition

Badlands
First Name
Silly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m about to install mine - any reason to tap into aux if it’s attached as some light?
Because some lights already has a dedicated button right next to the drivers light, behind the aux panel, right?

Sponsored

Nym1178

Outer Banks
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone tried to install an inline fuse and separate toggle switch to the IAG dome light set to be able to manually turn the lights off. I want to locate it near the knee panel by the other exterior lighting controls? Wanting to be able to turn off the lights if I leave the tail gate door open like at a drive in movie? IAG says it’s possible. Is an in-line fuse necessary or can I just add a toggle switch?

Last edited:

Nym1178

Outer Banks
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

If you're reading this BEFORE install... DO NOT BELIEVE YOUR EYES when you find the first grey wire with a stripe. As mentioned by others, its likely not the one.

There is a grey/brown stripe that looks mysteriously like purple when your head is crammed under the dash.

Check. Double Check. Triple Check. Ask someone with better eyes than you to try and see the difference between the brown & purple lol!
Does anyone know what the grey w/ brown strip wire connects to/controls?

moneymil

Black Diamond
First Name
Mil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Thank you all. I just installed mine BEFORE seeing this thread and I was pulling my hair about about what I might have done wrong. I did tap into that easy to spot wire. How do you hook it up to the Aux switches? There are a bundle in the engine bay by the drivers side but I’m not sure how to connect from there to the end of the light harness. Any tips or photos would be super helpful. Also anyone in the DMV area that might be able to assist me, even better! Thanks
Sponsored