Sponsored

IAG Interior Dome Light install, 4 dr HT.

luvtofish

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 King Ranch F150 Supercrew.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi all,
I’ve ran into an issue with the installation and was curious if anyone else ran into this problem. When tapping in to the power source for the lights, the instructions state to connect to the gray wire with purple stripe in the wire harness near the fuse box. Well, I’ve done this and the lights do not work. Ahh, let me re-phrase that. The lights do in fact light up briefly every time the door locks are activated. Obviously I’ve tapped in to the wrong wire. And before you ask, No I’m not color blind and Yes, I’m working with the correct wire harness per instructions and the YouTube video Provided by IAG. I’ve sent emails to IAG asking for clarification but also wanted to check here to see if anyone else has experienced this problem. TIA

Dan
Sponsored

Shawntrex

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Following because I plan on installing mine soon… :)

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No help here sorry. Do you have a pic of the wire? I’ve installed it on two broncos so far no issues.

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its not you... Those wires and colors are a little wankie... There's a grey wire that's easy to reach. i.e. right on top when you access the plug.... That ain't the one...
The one you want is kinda buried in the bundle of wires. Its a bitch to reach as there's not much slack and its in a tight spot. But, once you see that grey wire (in the middle) you'll know its the one as the colors on it are fairly obvious.

I used a combination of 3 different YT install videos to do this install as the pictures provided just aren't enough... But, its worth it.

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I didnt tap into that wire, I wanted manual control so I just ran it to Aux 6 instead that way I dont have bright lights coming on everytime a door opens, I just flick the switch whenever I do need it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
luvtofish

luvtofish

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IAG called me in the meantime. And yep, the wire I tapped into apparently has a brown stripe which with my lighting in that tite spot looked purple. IAG even said it’s really easy to confuse that wire with the correct one. I believe the correct wire is more of a light gray and yes, as stated above buried in the bundle not right on top. Of course I grabbed the gray/brown stripe wire right on top and here we are. 😫😭

Like others have done, I also tapped in to the Aux 6 switch by running a wire through the firewall grommet to the yellow/orange aux wire. Easy peasy.

I’m considering leaving it as is and not tapping in to the harness wire. I too am not sure I want those lights on every time a door opens.

A big thanks to Pat at IAG for getting me straightened out. These lights look great and really light up the dark Bronco interior. Can’t wait till their cargo light comes out.

Dan

Last edited:
OP
OP
luvtofish

luvtofish

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welp the wifey had a thing or two to say about the dome lights and door activation. She said “we’re only getting older and will need the lights on when the door opens”. So, not wanting to get on the wrong side of the misses, I decided to dive back in and find the correct gray/purple wire called out in the instructions. What I found was it’s buried down in the middle of the wire bundle. For anyone reading this thread later, don’t trust that the gray wire you find right on top is the correct one — it likely is not! Ask me how I know? I used a very small flathead screwdriver and carefully dug down through the bundle until I found a wire with a lot of purple on it. I then used the screwdriver and a plastic trim tool to pull the wire out enough to get the T-Tap connector under the wire. It was all down hill from there and everything is working as designed now including the ability to turn said lights on and off via up fitter switch Aux 6.

I’m quite happy with the lights. They appear quite bright but I think that has more to do with their location along the sides of the cab vs a standard dome light that is centered overhead.

Cheers!

Dan

Shawntrex

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the update… really nervous about how thin these wires appear to be and the difficult location. Hoping this weekend project goes well.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does anyone have a review on these lights? If you turn on your dome lights while in the Bronco using the overhead button for all lights, does it also turn on the IAG lights?

@IAG Performance is there a new harness coming out that has these four lights AND the dome light?

Thank you

OP
OP
luvtofish

luvtofish

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone have a review on these lights? If you turn on your dome lights while in the Bronco using the overhead button for all lights, does it also turn on the IAG lights?

@IAG Performance is there a new harness coming out that has these four lights AND the dome light?

Thank you
No, they do not use the built in light switch. That switch is on the CANBUS circuit which these light do not tap in too.

many that have the overhead upfitter switches, tie in to the aux6 switch in order to have the ability to turn the lights on and off at will.

No idea if they plan on implementing a harness that uses both.

Sponsored

SillyPosition

Badlands
First Name
Silly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there a way to wire the back lights to one aux and the front to another aux switch?

OP
OP
luvtofish

luvtofish

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there a way to wire the back lights to one aux and the front to another aux switch?
I’d say yes you could modify them to do this. It would require hacking the harness in half and running all new wires to both powered Aux switches. A lot of work but doable.

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IAG called me in the meantime. And yep, the wire I tapped into apparently has a brown stripe which with my lighting in that tite spot looked purple. IAG even said it’s really easy to confuse that wire with the correct one. I believe the correct wire is more of a light gray and yes, as stated above buried in the bundle not right on top. Of course I grabbed the gray/brown stripe wire right on top and here we are. 😫😭

Like others have done, I also tapped in to the Aux 6 switch by running a wire through the firewall grommet to the yellow/orange aux wire. Easy peasy.

I’m considering leaving it as is and not tapping in to the harness wire. I too am not sure I want those lights on every time a door opens.

A big thanks to Pat at IAG for getting me straightened out. These lights look great and really light up the dark Bronco interior. Can’t wait till their cargo light comes out.

Dan
I came really close to tapping that wire. It just didn’t look correct. I dug a little in the bundle and found it. I plan on doing Aux 6. But, I just haven’t done it yet.

BigSkyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - '96 Toyota FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So….My lights work great tied into the harness and coming on with a door opening. Is it possible to also wire to the upfitter switch or do you have to choose one over the other?
@IAG Performance

BasedBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So….My lights work great tied into the harness and coming on with a door opening. Is it possible to also wire to the upfitter switch or do you have to choose one over the other?
@IAG Performance
I have the some wire and heatshrink connectors ready but haven't wired for the upfitter switches yet. I'm fairly certain it'll work with both at the same time as that was my understanding at the time of purchase.
Sponsored