Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone just flipped the harness and installed it using the connection up at the top of the windshield?
Sponsored

mmaturo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8, R8s, Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone just flipped the harness and installed it using the connection up at the top of the windshield?
That was my first thought also and what i may try to do so i don't run down the A pillar. With tomorrow being the super bowl it may be next weekend before i get to this.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
On a manual Bronco that grommet spot is used for the clutch master cylinder line.

745FE025-78C5-41C5-98DC-EA4F005B5A90.jpeg
Assuming there’s still some room to pop a hole for an 18g wire? I also plan on sending the power adapter wire for the Kicker Key…

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Assuming there’s still some room to pop a hole for an 18g wire? I also plan on sending the power adapter wire for the Kicker Key…
I’d assume so. But I have an auto, so I can’t confirm.

BRONBO

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That was my first thought also and what i may try to do so i don't run down the A pillar. With tomorrow being the super bowl it may be next weekend before i get to this.
I just got done installing it and ended up flipping it. have a lot of excess wire up above the visor. Was thinking of cutting it down but didn’t want to mess with that at this time.

Only issue I had was getting the ground to work properly. Saw someone had the same issue where the lights were about 5%. Tried adding a washer but didn’t work for me. Ended up putting the ground between the chassis and bracket And it worked.

Sponsored

mmaturo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8, R8s, Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great. Good to know and I assume besides the ground easier. I am after just using the switch so will do the same.

coreymd

Big Bend
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '20 HAH
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Connected mine to AUX4 without connecting into the door wire. Although I ran the harness to that location in case I change my mind.

I went the slightly harder route and ran a 16 awg wire up the driver's A pillar, through the overhead trim, down the passenger's A pillar and into to the glove box area. Wired into the factory white wire there (B2).

That was a ton of work, but I was set on removing most of that trim anyway to re-run the power cable to my dash cam, since my first attempt was pretty janky. Also, I have a manual, so I elected not to find my own route through the firewall.

Anyway, works great after all that and mercifully, it lit up on the first test.
Sponsored