CowboyKid

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Since it’s already become a thing, I figured I’d stop by the ice mountain and get some photos after the storm last night.

3F8217CB-B301-4EDD-AF34-33BC0A8B822A.jpeg
EG looks good in snow! I might have to switch colors before it's too late. Still hanging with A51 but change my mind every day. The only privilege of being a late order, it seems.
Funny how many people ordered an off-road rig and are freaking out that they actually sit outdoors exposed to the elements.
Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Seriously, if you were an executive at Ford, or any other auto manufacturer or well-known international company, would you want unofficial "communication" spread on the internet from unauthorized employees? Why is this hard to understand?

The fastest way to get fired is to start releasing unofficial company proprietary information on social media. I'd bet 99% of the people on this forum who are employed at any privately held or publicly held company work under policies that prohibit discussing company business on social media. It's called acting as an adult.
For a long time, I assumed the Stig was a ploy by Ford to "leak" pictures to help people Stay Pumped!™ I can certainly understand why Ford would want to suppress certain things but when months go by after they send a customer an email saying "this will take a few days" it sure is nice to have somebody like the drummer boy who can tell you WTF is going on. Though they don't know why they are on hold, at least Ice Mountain folks have been told they are looking at several months of delay, so maybe Ford learned a little something from dirt mountain?

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For a long time, I assumed the Stig was a ploy by Ford to "leak" pictures to help people Stay Pumped!™ I can certainly understand why Ford would want to suppress certain things but when months go by after they send a customer an email saying "this will take a few days" it sure is nice to have somebody like the drummer boy who can tell you WTF is going on. Though they don't know why they are on hold, at least Ice Mountain folks have been told they are looking at several months of delay, so maybe Ford learned a little something from dirt mountain?
I joined the Forum when the Stig and some other employee were posting pics from inside MAP, my first thought was they are going to get shitcanned at some point for releasing such information on a public forum. There are a lot of industrial operatives that love to see inside manufacturing facilities, if I was running MAP I'd have been pissed beyond recognition. Sure enough, after several months the postings stopped. Again with Primeredrum, info Ford probably didn't want unofficially released. No company releases info in a clandestine/obscure manner unless they are issuing fake news on purpose.

Sponsored

capterik

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex, ram promaster
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't know about you, but I bought mine to drive on the roads and to wash and wax every week. It will be garage kept and will only come out on sunny days... but that's just me. (yes, I will also dress the tires) don't hate.
do they make u wear a skirt? just wondering

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Staying pumped has never been so hard. Never thought I would sour on the Bronco but this process sure is testing me.

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
EG looks good in snow! I might have to switch colors before it's too late.
That one looks like mine! Now where’s those guys with the portable wave soldering rig to “install my chips?” LOL

Sponsored

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Seriously, if you were an executive at Ford, or any other auto manufacturer or well-known international company, would you want unofficial "communication" spread on the internet from unauthorized employees? Why is this hard to understand?

The fastest way to get fired is to start releasing unofficial company proprietary information on social media. I'd bet 99% of the people on this forum who are employed at any privately held or publicly held company work under policies that prohibit discussing company business on social media. It's called acting as an adult.
Exactly. Communication from an unauthorized employee is dissemination of confidential information. I’ve seen folks walked out instantly.

I don’t think anybody is happy with Ford’s lack of communications. But no way in heck they’re going to issue anything—example related to any issues the 2.7 motor may or may not be having—that isn’t fully vetted by legal. Issuing statements that could be used by a plaintiff’s attorney is an unforced error that Ford is smart enough not to do.

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i said that earlier but these bozos on here talking about who cares if it sits outside for 3 months, same dudes who will show up take delivery and realize that nice payment they estimated is 100 bucks more a month and want to talk to the manager. the complete bliss to understand long term effects is comical.
My credit union is offering 1.99% today. On a $30K note over 48 mo, that’s a payment of $650.72. Increasing rates by 200 bps to 3.99% moves the payment to $677.24.

While it’s $26.52 more per month—certainly not welcome—it’s not the end of the world. I don’t think it likely we see that severe a move by May to impact those stranded on Ice Mountain.

Folks with deliveries later in the year might see a bigger impact, if we can’t tamp down inflation quickly.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Exactly. Communication from an unauthorized employee is dissemination of confidential information. I’ve seen folks walked out instantly.

I don’t think anybody is happy with Ford’s lack of communications. But no way in heck they’re going to issue anything—example related to any issues the 2.7 motor may or may not be having—that isn’t fully vetted by legal. Issuing statements that could be used by a plaintiff’s attorney is an unforced error that Ford is smart enough not to do.
I've been harping on this issue about "Ford communication" and "Ford transparency" for a few months now. Building a modern vehicle in a modern automotive production facility utilizes numerous production techniques that are tuned to build a high-quality vehicle at an affordable price for the consumer. The complexity of the operation is immense, for one example is Just-in-time manufacturing. Drop in a pandemic stricken worldwide supply chain, and any small deviation from the process design upsets the final production result.

I'm sure Ford can speak volumes on that subject and be quite transparent about it, but (a) it has proprietary information to protect, (b) business considerations that are a blend to be in the best financial interests of the company, the customers, and shareholders, and (c) most people wouldn't understand the issues if they were exposed to them.
Sponsored