Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I know about these shafts are that they are induction hardened and chrome plated, I'm not sure of the alloy used. I'm still kind of new around here so I'm not an authority on what ICON may have used in the past. If it's important to you, I can ask around.
Just curious, as about 10-15 years ago, there was a big to-do about using nitrided steel rods vs induction chrome rods. Icon, SAW, Radflo all jumped on Nitrided shafting. Even Fox was using it for a bit.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2. Will your shocks come with boots to cover and protect the shock shaft?
No. These shocks sit in a shaft-up orientation, with the shaft inside the coil spring, just like on the OE shocks.
It's something you might want to consider. The stock shocks have boots to protect the shaft/seal as shown below.

Ford Bronco ICON 2.5 EXP Shocks Bridge The Gap Between Spacers and Threaded Coilovers! shock_boot.PNG

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's something you might want to consider. The stock shocks have boots to protect the shaft/seal as shown below.

Ford Bronco ICON 2.5 EXP Shocks Bridge The Gap Between Spacers and Threaded Coilovers! shock_boot.PNG
Yeah that's not something we will be doing.

Binky

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depends on the day
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They are sold by each. I'm not sure why they use the "kit" terminology there.
Thank you. Your web guru may want to edit it to be clear. ~$500/pair is reasonable, $1000/pair not so much because these will get destroyed after two winters in the northeast. Not for me, but looks like a great solution!

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you. Your web guru may want to edit it to be clear. ~$500/pair is reasonable, $1000/pair not so much because these will get destroyed after two winters in the northeast. Not for me, but looks like a great solution!
I was wondering the same thing, and was hoping it was 500/pair. How the heck much is the next stage up that doesn't reuse factory coils, front and rear? 3-4k? Also trying to figure out how these adjust.

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was wondering the same thing, and was hoping it was 500/pair. How the heck much is the next stage up that doesn't reuse factory coils, front and rear? 3-4k? Also trying to figure out how these adjust.
We all wish stuff was cheaper than it is. I'd love to have $2 gas again.

Height adjustment is via a snap ring that the lower coil cup sits on. There are several grooves. You don't see them in the product photos becuase they are hidden under the coil cup.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We all wish stuff was cheaper than it is. I'd love to have $2 gas again.

Height adjustment is via a snap ring that the lower coil cup sits on. There are several grooves. You don't see them in the product photos becuase they are hidden under the coil cup.
It was a serious question, but I looked at the pricing breakdown for Stage 3 just now. So, figure $4357 minus $892 for the tube UCA alone, and it's like $3465 for the full set of Stage 3 front and rear shocks, which is right in the middle of my 3-4k guess. So $2100 for a full set of EXP is a bargain in comparison.

Do you happen to know the incremental measurements of the groove options, in respect to the overall lift gained from each increment? Like, is it as simple as 0", 1", 2" and 3"?

Thanks

Edit to add: Honestly, it is difficult to determine what is included in a "kit" when compared even to other kits that do appear to be sold as a pair. Not every item page has a qty. included. Just food for thought.

Last edited:

Johnabx

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They are sold by each. I'm not sure why they use the "kit" terminology there.
Whoa. Well that settles it for me. No disrespect, Iā€™m sure there great but $500+ per shock alone just doesnā€™t make sense to meā€¦IMHO. I almost went to order so glad I found this out.

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Whoa. Well that settles it for me. No disrespect, Iā€™m sure there great but $500+ per shock alone just doesnā€™t make sense to meā€¦IMHO. I almost went to order so glad I found this out.
No disrespect taken, these aren't for everyone. I thought I already went to great lengths to explain that in this thread LOL.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
It was a serious question, but I looked at the pricing breakdown for Stage 3 just now. So, figure $4357 minus $892 for the tube UCA alone, and it's like $3465 for the full set of Stage 3 front and rear shocks, which is right in the middle of my 3-4k guess. So $2100 for a full set of EXP is a bargain in comparison.
Probably an easier way to compare it is that our most basic coilover shock for Bronco (no reservoir) is priced at $1679.95 for the front pair or $1784.95 for the rear pair. EXP shocks are $524.95 each or $1,049.90 per pair. The EXP shocks are either 37.5% or $41.2% less than our base coilovers, depending on front or rear.

BTW I'll let y'all in on a little secret. These prices are ICON's MSRP, which we stick to for direct retail sales. But our dealers are subject to MAP pricing that is somewhat less, which most of them end up using. MAP on EXP's is only $499.95 so that's what the street price will probably end up being at most of our dealers.
Do you happen to know the incremental measurements of the groove options, in respect to the overall lift gained from each increment? Like, is it as simple as 0", 1", 2" and 3"?
I had vowed to someone else to get that information today but I don't think I'll have it in time. I'll add it to this thread when I get it. I do know that the grooves are equally spaced.

Edit to add: Honestly, it is difficult to determine what is included in a "kit" when compared even to other kits that do appear to be sold as a pair. Not every item page has a qty. included. Just food for thought.
Yes, as I've said, it's unfortunate that they chose to use the word "kit" in the product listing. I registered my objection to that wording even before you guys complained about it LOL. I think they're in the process of changing it.

Last edited:

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes, as I've said, it's unfortunate that they chose to use the word "kit" in the product listing. I registered my objection to that wording even before you guys complained about it LOL. I think they're in the process of changing it.
Excellent. Still considering even with the now understood pricing model. šŸ˜† Let us know about those adjustment increments. Iā€™m wondering if you can set the front a notch higher and level the Bronco (or get close, I donā€™t want a Cali Lean or Carolina Squat situation) and lift it some with this set up.

Johnabx

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No disrespect taken, these aren't for everyone. I thought I already went to great lengths to explain that in this thread LOL.
As others have noted, and Iā€™m sure is not your fault, the terminology on the website as a kit and front and rear labeled on the description would lead most people to think itā€™s a pair but thanks for the clarification abs the other details in the thread.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Excellent. Still considering even with the now understood pricing model. šŸ˜† Let us know about those adjustment increments. Iā€™m wondering if you can set the front a notch higher and level the Bronco (or get close, I donā€™t want a Cali Lean or Carolina Squat situation) and lift it some with this set up.
I'm hoping to lift the front but still less than the rear and not level, so 35s will clear and I'll still have rake for towing, and I don't want to use spacers or spend crazy money. These might just be the ticket.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands