First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey @Dusty at ICON, just checking in to see if the EXP's are available yet?
Sponsored

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco, ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BTW we also have a non-winch version that tucks up a lot tighter. I currently have it on my 2-door for evaluation.
Are there pics of the tucked up version? Thatā€™s what Iā€™m looking for.

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Gen2 Raptor Midtravel / TowRunner F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
also excited to see the more desert version of the icon bumper.

We installed serval of the icon gen2 raptor bumper and loved everything about it. Only concern was the lack of increased approach angle for more hardcore desert/crawling situations. Good to hear there are 2 versions for the bronco!

As far as the EXP shocks go, im all in for a 40% cheeper option that still allows for some height adjustments. Those who's driving style puts them close to the limits of the stock shocks, or those appreciate a more dynamic on road ride feel with less body roll will love this system!

the only reason I see to step up to the full coilover option is if you wanted a direct bolt on installation with near infinite heigh adjustability (threaded body vs snap rings).
If you value having full control of your ride softness/firmness aswell your a candidate for the higher stages of icon systems that offer adjustable compression clickers, just be ready to pay to play!

Another point I may have missed is do the EXP shocks allow for more droop or up travel, or built to stock specs? if not, At what stage do we see travel numbers increasing?

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll grab a couple of snaps of it today at lunch. The Bronco's a little dirty from the weekend though :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
also excited to see the more desert version of the icon bumper.

We installed serval of the icon gen2 raptor bumper and loved everything about it. Only concern was the lack of increased approach angle for more hardcore desert/crawling situations. Good to hear there are 2 versions for the bronco!

As far as the EXP shocks go, im all in for a 40% cheeper option that still allows for some height adjustments. Those who's driving style puts them close to the limits of the stock shocks, or those appreciate a more dynamic on road ride feel with less body roll will love this system!

the only reason I see to step up to the full coilover option is if you wanted a direct bolt on installation with near infinite heigh adjustability (threaded body vs snap rings).
If you value having full control of your ride softness/firmness aswell your a candidate for the higher stages of icon systems that offer adjustable compression clickers, just be ready to pay to play!

Another point I may have missed is do the EXP shocks allow for more droop or up travel, or built to stock specs? if not, At what stage do we see travel numbers increasing?
The EXP shocks re-use the factory coil springs, so they're engineered to work best within those parameters. Because of that there really isn't any appreciable increase in actual travel. But they allow full travel at the lift height chosen. The only caveat is that with larger tires (37's and larger) you will still need to limit up-travel in order to keep from destroying fenders and inner fenders on full bump. There is an optional up-travel limiter that we offer for that.

The full threaded coilovers do still have a lot of advantages, not just the precise height adjustability. They do afford longer overall travel (see the numbers in our thread for those products), use custom-engineered coil springs including our exclusive triple-rate coil in the rear, allow the use of a remote reservoir for larger fluid volume and better heat dissipation, and allow for extra features such as our CDCV (manual adjustable compression valve) and CDEV (fully electronic, on-the-fly adjustment). For many Bronco owners, those are incremental benefits they might only rarely or never really use or need. In which case the EXP shocks are a great alternative.

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
So are these Hitachi shock length or Sasquatch shock length?
Either/or. We offer a separate part number for each (HOSS 1.0 or 2.0).

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I understand, I am wondering about actual length of shock. I these longer than factory or factory length?
I don't have the precise lengths handy, but if you need those figures I'll see if I can get them for you. They're longer that stock overall, as they effectively have the lift height built in to the shock itself, but I'm not sure if there's any increase in stroke. They're not designed to yield any significant increase in suspension travel over stock, if that's what you're asking.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't have the precise lengths handy, but if you need those figures I'll see if I can get them for you. They're longer that stock overall, as they effectively have the lift height built in to the shock itself, but I'm not sure if there's any increase in stroke. They're not designed to yield any significant increase in suspension travel over stock, if that's what you're asking.
Would love to see the actual specs, just trying to determine the difference and benefits between these and going full coil-overs.

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Would love to see the actual specs, just trying to determine the difference and benefits between these and going full coil-overs.
OK I'll see what I can find out. In the meantime, feel free to go back over the information I've already posted in this thread. It covers fairly comprehensively what the differences are from both a performance and cost perspective.

I'll try to get you those dimensions. I've found that it's not exactly easy, and may take a while based on how long it took to get similar info on the coilovers. But I'll get that process started.

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll grab a couple of snaps of it today at lunch. The Bronco's a little dirty from the weekend though :)
OK I didn't really want to clutter up my EXP thread with pics of bumpers, but I don't have a bumper thread yet and don't want to create one until they're ready to officially announce. So I guess I'll just sneak them in. Apologies to those who are following this thread for the EXP's. Anyhow, as promised I grabbed a few shots for you of the non-winch bumper when I came back from lunch. A couple of things to note:
  • This is a prototype. It isn't an actual production article yet.
  • The skid plate shown is powder coated steel, but the production ones will be aluminum, like what we showed with the winch bumper earlier.
  • The center mesh section in the upper part of the bumper will accommodate some optional lighting solutions (or just leave it mesh). No details on those yet.
  • The Icon logo cutout in the lower skid will be removed. Someone suggested that after seeing pics of the winch bumper, and we agreed; it's redundant.
  • Comes with replacement skid/cooler mounts so it works on Broncos that came with any of the OE bumpers including the plastic bumper.
  • Sorry everything's so dirty.
Ford Bronco ICON 2.5 EXP Shocks Bridge The Gap Between Spacers and Threaded Coilovers! IMG_3581

Ford Bronco ICON 2.5 EXP Shocks Bridge The Gap Between Spacers and Threaded Coilovers! IMG_3584

Ford Bronco ICON 2.5 EXP Shocks Bridge The Gap Between Spacers and Threaded Coilovers! IMG_3583

Ford Bronco ICON 2.5 EXP Shocks Bridge The Gap Between Spacers and Threaded Coilovers! IMG_3582

Ford Bronco ICON 2.5 EXP Shocks Bridge The Gap Between Spacers and Threaded Coilovers! IMG_3588

Last edited: