First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-DR OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone put these on a 2-door non-Sasquatch yet that can provide some feedback on what they think about the set-up?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone put these on a 2-door non-Sasquatch yet that can provide some feedback on what they think about the set-up?
I'm sure you're looking for 3rd party opinions and I hope some will chime in. But I've been running the EXP's on my personal 2-door Base (non-Sasquatch) since we launched them. The valving seems to be slightly firmer than the stock Hitachi's so you do feel the road slightly more. But they're much better at handling rebound, i.e. you're not continuing to bounce around after every bump. And they get better with speed. The Hitachis always felt a little bit out of control when I was whomping on it out on the pole line roads, while with the EXP's I feel more in control. You move through a whoop and you're not still oscillating from it 40 yards down the track.

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I put them on my 2 door badlands (Sasquatch). Like what was said above…..they are definitely firm. Way firmer than the Bilstein….If I had it to do over again I would have just waited a lil longer and done true coilovers with adjusters.

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Jms1

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just installed a set of these shocks on a four door Badlands and have since removed them. They are advertised as zero lift if desired by clip placement. I can tell you that is not the case. I had 1.5" of rear lift in the stock Hoss 2 location. If i moved the clip to the stock Hoss 1 location (not recommended) It reduced the lift to plus 1" of lift. This amount would have been acceptable but only allowed 7/8" of shock travel. These shocks are 17" long from center of bottom eyelet to top of shock body as opposed to 15" factory SAS length. I tried reviewing this with ICON customer support, which is difficult to connect with ( I know they must be busy) The sad part was they had no one who could intelligently discuss measurements, shock body length or anything regarding the situation. This was my first ICON purchase, I have been a Fox, King or Radflo frequent flyer and I can say without question their customer service and knowledge of the product they build is outstanding.

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just installed a set of these shocks on a four door Badlands and have since removed them. They are advertised as zero lift if desired by clip placement. I can tell you that is not the case. I had 1.5" of rear lift in the stock Hoss 2 location. If i moved the clip to the stock Hoss 1 location (not recommended) It reduced the lift to plus 1" of lift. This amount would have been acceptable but only allowed 7/8" of shock travel. These shocks are 17" long from center of bottom eyelet to top of shock body as opposed to 15" factory SAS length. I tried reviewing this with ICON customer support, which is difficult to connect with ( I know they must be busy) The sad part was they had no one who could intelligently discuss measurements, shock body length or anything regarding the situation. This was my first ICON purchase, I have been a Fox, King or Radflo frequent flyer and I can say without question their customer service and knowledge of the product they build is outstanding.
Did you take any pictures of them side by side or installed? You looking for a no lift shock upgrade?

Jms1

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you take any pictures of them side by side or installed? You looking for a no lift shock upgrade?
I did take pictures side by side and the ICON shock looks to be well made and is impressive in comparison to the factory shock. I really wanted no more than 1" of lift in the rear (based on SAS height) being I want to stick with a 35" tire. Personal preference on height for sure. I chose the EXP due to the description of 0-2" lift, intended to run the rear in the Hoss 2 stock position and the front in the Hoss 2 plus 1 3/8" position to eliminate sag from the winch and bumper. Could not get to that dimension.
Sponsored