Icon 3” Spacer (Leveling) Kit Install *Video*

EXO Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Audi S4, Raptor (Previously)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We took a trip to Icon Vehicle Dynamics in Riverside and spent the day with Dylan Evans, Lead Engineer for Icon. He walked us through the install and shared some of his knowledge along the way.

A few observations:
- This is doable in your driveway with proper jack stands and a jack, but a lift sure makes life way easier!
- A proper spring compressor is a must, these are very highly compressed front shocks, rear not so bad.
- The fender liners are the most challenging part of the install! Haha… (damn plastic Phillips clips)
- Alignment needs to be performed either way, so this method of install is the easiest for the average person to tackle.
- It now sits perfectly level. Headlights require readjustment, and I’m going to need some side steps installed for sure now!

Enjoy.

Sponsored

Cajun Czar

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very informative video. I guess this is getting lost in all the Bronco Raptor hype or you would have more replies!

OP
OP
EXO Bronco

EXO Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very informative video. I guess this is getting lost in all the Bronco Raptor hype or you would have more replies!
Ha, it's to be expected today! THANKS.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great video! Just had to go review the pics of Dusty's 2dr Base (non-squatch) Bronco with this kit and 35's on it for a refresher.
Man, that thing looks sweet!
Ford Bronco Icon 3” Spacer (Leveling) Kit Install *Video* 1643082422315

Looking at the part description at the ICON web site, I see the recommended tires for Non-Squatch + this kit is 35 x 12.5
But the Squatch crowd can get 37's, I hadn't realized that before.
That's going to make a lot of folks happy!

I remember when the news was kind of grim for lifting Squatch suspensions and the 37" crowd was pretty bummed out.

OP
OP
EXO Bronco

EXO Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great video! Just had to go review the pics of Dusty's 2dr Base (non-squatch) Bronco with this kit and 35's on it for a refresher.
Man, that thing looks sweet!
Ford Bronco Icon 3” Spacer (Leveling) Kit Install *Video* 1643082422315

Looking at the part description at the ICON web site, I see the recommended tires for Non-Squatch + this kit is 35 x 12.5
But the Squatch crowd can get 37's, I hadn't realized that before.
That's going to make a lot of folks happy!

I remember when the news was kind of grim for lifting Squatch suspensions and the 37" crowd was pretty bummed out.
Honestly I was surprised how well the 37’s fit even stock. Around town and mild off roading there was lo issues at all.

Cajun Czar

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exo Bronco, what tires do you have and are those Rebounds 0 offset? I might keep the factory stock wheels if I get this kit

OP
OP
EXO Bronco

EXO Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exo Bronco, what tires do you have and are those Rebounds 0 offset? I might keep the factory stock wheels if I get this kit
Yes they’re Icon Rebound Pro 0-Offset 17x8.5

Tires are Gladiator XComp A/T 37x13.5x17

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly I was surprised how well the 37’s fit even stock. Around town and mild off roading there was lo issues at all.
I hear ya, I have a Base same as Dusty's and put 35's on it , NO LIFT, no issues on the street so far in 1500mi. I've ran up on some plowed snow piles trying to make it rub, none yet ... I'm certain it will if I get enough on it, those wheel wells are pretty full as it sits.
They really designed these for some MEATS!

Ford Bronco Icon 3” Spacer (Leveling) Kit Install *Video* 20220115_163341

Sponsored

92LX302

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Timing is perfect, I was shopping around for something similar for my non-Sasquatch Badlands.

All of you guys rigs looks great.

Anyone tried 37s on a leveled non-Sasquatch Badlands yet? I'm thinking 37x12.50x17 KM3s on aftermarket wheels. Supposedly they run a little smaller.

Dusty at ICON

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hear ya, I have a Base same as Dusty's and put 35's on it , NO LIFT, no issues on the street so far in 1500mi. I've ran up on some plowed snow piles trying to make it rub, none yet ... I'm certain it will if I get enough on it, those wheel wells are pretty full as it sits.
They really designed these for some MEATS!
Here's a pic of mine on full stuff, with this kit and +25mm ICON wheels with 35-12.50-17 tires. This is with the coil spring completely removed, so we could fully articulate it without fighting the springs. The tire tucks right up into the non-Sasquatch flare perfectly, here's no rubbing anywhere, full turn lock-to-lock. It's not very likely (and likely impossible without breaking something) to ever reach this much up-travel in real world use, even on hard landings. And just driving around town or on normal dirt roads you'll probably never even come close. But when we say NO RUB we mean NO RUB. So when the guy in the flatbill hucks it off the railroad tracks and the tires eat the inner wheel well liners when he lands, we don't want him to be able to say "but ICON said it wouldn't rub!" LOL

Ford Bronco Icon 3” Spacer (Leveling) Kit Install *Video* IMG_0408.JPEG

Last edited:

BlueBoy

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco 351W
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Here's a pic of mine on full stuff, with this kit and +25mm ICON wheels with 35-12.50-17 tires. This is with the coil spring completely removed, so we could fully articulate it without fighting the springs. The tire tucks right up into the non-Sasquatch flare perfectly, here's no rubbing anywhere, full turn lock-to-lock. It's not very likely (and likely impossible without breaking something) to ever reach this much up-travel in real world use, even on hard landings. And just driving around town or on normal dirt roads you'll probably never even come close. But when we say NO RUB we mean NO RUB. So when the guy in the flatbill hucks it off the railroad tracks and the tires eat the inner wheel well liners when he lands, we don't want him to be able to say "but ICON" said it wouldn't rub!" LOL

Ford Bronco Icon 3” Spacer (Leveling) Kit Install *Video* IMG_0408.JPEG
Do you need a separate kit for the front and back or does one kit level the whole vehicle?

BlueBoy

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco 351W
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Do you need a separate kit for the front and back or does one kit level the whole vehicle?
Disregard, looked up the product on the Icon website and saw one kit covers the whole vehicle.

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are Upper control Arms recommended with the 3" Lift?
Sponsored