R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are Upper control Arms recommended with the 3" Lift?
I think the Icon spacer kit is actually 2.6" or so (1" strut and 0.75" preload spacer), so a longer UCA is not mandatory for camber alignment. If you plan to upgrade to a coilover lift later, then you might want to consider how it will impact your wheel offset and UCA choice.

Bear in mind that Icon makes +25 and +0 offset wheels and doesn't sell a UCA yet, so their offset and UCA recommendations may be biased. Fox recommends an upgraded UCA and a wheel offset range that excludes Icon wheels for their Zone and BDS kits (37x12.50 tires). Fox is perhaps also biased because they make BDS/Zone branded UCAs and want a seamless upgrade path from their Zone kits to Fox/BDS coilover kits.

When my Bronco arrives in a few weeks, I am planning to do a spring-removed full-articulation check of 37x12.50 KM3 with the Icon and Zone kits with a range of wheel offsets and with stock and BDS UCAs.

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I installed the Icon 3" spacer kit this weekend on my Badlands Sasquatch. It was exactly what i was looking for.

20220123_164001.jpg
How are your CV angles? I worry that they are going to be pushed to the max with this lift, and asking for trouble and lots of binding at full flex. What has your experience been so far?

OP
OP
EXO Bronco

EXO Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Audi S4, Raptor (Previously)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How are your CV angles? I worry that they are going to be pushed to the max with this lift, and asking for trouble and lots of binding at full flex. What has your experience been so far?
That’s why Icon designed this lift with both a top spacer and a coil spring spacer. Check out the install video and Dylan explains this and the reasons why. Shouldn’t be an issue!

cf_davey

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I installed the Icon 3" spacer kit this weekend on my Badlands Sasquatch. It was exactly what i was looking for.

20220123_164001.jpg
Ok, I just pulled the trigger on this and wonder how difficult it is. I watched the video and am very handy but for whatever reason didn't feel that confident after watching the video. I got an estimate from a local company and they want $510 plus $100 to align it afterward. Hmmm

Sponsored
OP
OP
EXO Bronco

EXO Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Audi S4, Raptor (Previously)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, I just pulled the trigger on this and wonder how difficult it is. I watched the video and am very handy but for whatever reason didn't feel that confident after watching the video. I got an estimate from a local company and they want $510 plus $100 to align it afterward. Hmmm
Seems a tad steep… but it depends on their shop rate. Should take most competent shops 3-hours with 2 people.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All of this really is pretty easy to do at home by yourself EXCEPT spring assembly. If you don't have a proper spring compressor, don't attempt at home. You can take them to a shop to have that part done, probably for around $100.
I used an old Branick compressor on my coilovers and was still pretty nervous about it. Do not use a cheap Harbor Freight or parts store rental type of compressor.
It will still need to be taken somewhere for an alignment once completed.

To be clear, I did not install this kit, but did install new coilovers and the steps are basically the same.

Last edited:

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All of this really is pretty easy to do at home by yourself EXCEPT spring assembly. If you don't have a proper spring compressor, don't attempt at home.
Consider one that is strong enough to work with a pneumatic wrench (most are not).
Ford Bronco Icon 3” Spacer (Leveling) Kit Install *Video* 1643707971416

Bronco service manual:
Ford Bronco Icon 3” Spacer (Leveling) Kit Install *Video* 1643709045994

Bigstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It took me a full day to install the kit. Front end i did myself and a friend helped me with the back. Worst part was a bad cam bolt on one of my lower control arms. Took everything I had to get it off. Had to order a new one and they are back ordered from Ford. Found one in Texas. I used a rented parts store spring compressor worked fine but was a little scary.

Bigstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Of course the install video came out the day after I finished installing the kit.

Sponsored

Aguelian

Outer Banks
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think the Icon spacer kit is actually 2.6" or so (1" strut and 0.75" preload spacer), so a longer UCA is not mandatory for camber alignment. If you plan to upgrade to a coilover lift later, then you might want to consider how it will impact your wheel offset and UCA choice.

Bear in mind that Icon makes +25 and +0 offset wheels and doesn't sell a UCA yet, so their offset and UCA recommendations may be biased. Fox recommends an upgraded UCA and a wheel offset range that excludes Icon wheels for their Zone and BDS kits (37x12.50 tires). Fox is perhaps also biased because they make BDS/Zone branded UCAs and want a seamless upgrade path from their Zone kits to Fox/BDS coilover kits.

When my Bronco arrives in a few weeks, I am planning to do a spring-removed full-articulation check of 37x12.50 KM3 with the Icon and Zone kits with a range of wheel offsets and with stock and BDS UCAs.
This information is super helpful. I had the 2” rough country spacer lift installed on my Bronco and I’m experiencing a bit of bump steer. I stumbled upon your post trying to read up and figure out if replacing the upper control arms will resolve my issue. Will you update us on the BDS UCAs? I have zero offset Icon wheels and 35” tires on a non-Sasquatch bronco.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This information is super helpful. I had the 2” rough country spacer lift installed on my Bronco and I’m experiencing a bit of bump steer. I stumbled upon your post trying to read up and figure out if replacing the upper control arms will resolve my issue. Will you update us on the BDS UCAs? I have zero offset Icon wheels and 35” tires on a non-Sasquatch bronco.
I haven't started suspensions mods yet (want to install winch bumper and step sliders first). I'll update when I get to it. I measured some stock data, however. For sasquatch, the camber is +1 for 2.5" lift and +1.5 for 3" (+0 at stock curb height, +2 at full droop). I know the BDS and Zone UCAs are -1.5 degree, which exactly corrects the difference I measured at 3" lift.

The +0 offset wheels are probably making the bump steer worse. It is probably also worse in sport mode if you have it (less steering assist). Adding aftermarket UCA would tuck the wheels back in a little (very rough guess is 6mm, so it might be similar to using a +6 offset wheel).

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Icon does offer an UCA. It's a deltajoint unit. Along with a rear track bar... I ordered all three last week. 3" lift, UCA and track bar. Not sure why they don't offer this as a kit yet.
Sponsored