Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I had the Method Trails wheel setup on my Taco. They are an outstanding option/alternative depending on you intended use. That being said, I do like my Rebound Pro for the type of wheeling and trails I’ll be on.
I think the biggest thing I am looking at is just more maintenance on the Rebounds checking all the bolts, but either way I think either set will work for me just depends on offset availability vs design / colors.
Sponsored

OP
OP
broncoepic

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
About the TPMS, best thing if you plan on doing any serious or semi-serious crawling is to put them in a "TPMS Pipe Bomb" , they are too easy to break on rocks, replace them with regular rubber valves.
8u7udyry_f9958f2da3374bf69afa736dc118a8c286c91ff2.jpg
A risk of failure for sure. Will reevaluate this component if my usage changes.

OP
OP
broncoepic

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the biggest thing I am looking at is just more maintenance on the Rebounds checking all the bolts, but either way I think either set will work for me just depends on offset availability vs design / colors.
Agreed, they are less but not zero maintenance. I rechecked the torque on each bolt before my trip and after and they all stayed in place.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Good looking Bronco! I have a white Badlands on order, but a 2dr. Love the pics of Hell's Revenge, and Hell's Gate! Super cool to be able to hit Moab with the new Bronco. (y)

Since it was mentioned in the original post, and there are lots of people getting Broncos that are relatively new to off roading, I'm going to make a comment about DOT and beadlock wheels. The whole DOT compliance with beadlock wheels issue is non existent, it is a myth. While most people don't bother being concerned about it, it is good to know the facts. There is no such thing as DOT approval of any product, there is only self proclaiming that a product meets the requirements. The requirements regarding rims is to simply have the rim capacity noted on the rim, that's it, and this requirement only applies to vehicles with a GVW much higher than Broncos or Jeeps. So, there is no such thing as a DOT requirement for our vehicles. Secondly, there is no enforcement, even if there was a requirement. Not trying to be controversial, just trying to be factual. For those who care, you can run beadlock wheels with a clear conscience.

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the Method Trails wheel setup on my Taco. They are an outstanding option/alternative depending on you intended use. That being said, I do like my Rebound Pro for the type of wheeling and trails I’ll be on.
I was torn between the two options, Method and Icon. What do you think the major differences are between the two? Does Beadgrip work as well as the Icon beadlock from what you can tell?

Sponsored

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BRASS BRONCO BALLS....................

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought those wheels were still trying to get approval from DOT for on road use. Have they been approved? I’m looking at getting a set if they are approved for on road

Last edited:
OP
OP
broncoepic

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was torn between the two options, Method and Icon. What do you think the major differences are between the two? Does Beadgrip work as well as the Icon beadlock from what you can tell?
IMHO, the Beadgrip is better suited for the overland style off-reading where you’ll air down but not in the single digitS. When I purchased them for my 3rd gen Tacoma, the rig was built appropriately for my overland style adventures which were mostly dirt service roads, mountain passes, and moderate rocky terrain. The pros of the MR Trails are that the tires are mounted exactly like a traditional wheel and you’d have no problems finding a shop to work on them.

The Icon Rebound Pro although not a traditional beadlock wheel does require some additional steps. Thus, there are some shops that won’t work on them or will charge a very high rate, for example $200 per tire mount and balance. In terms of performance, there is no doubt in my mind that the Icons will be better with bead retention at lower psi in extreme sidewall flex conditions.

Both are great options and really comes down to visual preference and the intended usage.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

IMHO, the Beadgrip is better suited for the overland style off-reading where you’ll air down but not in the single digitS. When I purchased them for my 3rd gen Tacoma, the rig was built appropriately for my overland style adventures which were mostly dirt service roads, mountain passes, and moderate rocky terrain. The pros of the MR Trails are that the tires are mounted exactly like a traditional wheel and you’d have no problems finding a shop to work on them.

The Icon Rebound Pro although not a traditional beadlock wheel does require some additional steps. Thus, there are some shops that won’t work on them or will charge a very high rate, for example $200 per tire mount and balance. In terms of performance, there is no doubt in my mind that the Icons will be better with bead retention at lower psi in extreme sidewall flex conditions.

Both are great options and really comes down to visual preference and the intended usage.
How far down did you air the Methods on your Taco on average? I totally get the single digit PSI, but I doubt I would ever go that low, heck I wheeled the Vegas rodeo and we were way high, but those are on C rated non beadlock wheels.

OP
OP
broncoepic

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought those wheels were still trying to get approval from DOT for on road use. Have they been approved? I’m looking at getting a set if they are approved for on road
Good looking Bronco! I have a white Badlands on order, but a 2dr. Love the pics of Hell's Revenge, and Hell's Gate! Super cool to be able to hit Moab with the new Bronco. (y)

Since it was mentioned in the original post, and there are lots of people getting Broncos that are relatively new to off roading, I'm going to make a comment about DOT and beadlock wheels. The whole DOT compliance with beadlock wheels issue is non existent, it is a myth. While most people don't bother being concerned about it, it is good to know the facts. There is no such thing as DOT approval of any product, there is only self proclaiming that a product meets the requirements. The requirements regarding rims is to simply have the rim capacity noted on the rim, that's it, and this requirement only applies to vehicles with a GVW much higher than Broncos or Jeeps. So, there is no such thing as a DOT requirement for our vehicles. Secondly, there is no enforcement, even if there was a requirement. Not trying to be controversial, just trying to be factual. For those who care, you can run beadlock wheels with a clear conscience.
Appreciate the additional info regarding DOT compliance. Informed buying decisions are very important and this type of information is extremely helpful. Thank you.

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Awesome! Great photos and I love seeing these things being WHEELED! Let's hear it for Oxford White Broncos on ICON Alloys :) Mine is sitting on a mix-matched set of borrowed ICON's right now while I'm waiting on my back-ordered Rebound Pros.

Ford Bronco Icon Alloys Rebound Pro wheels mated w/ 35” Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ P3 tires on Bronco Badlands IRSD8116.JPG

IMG_3629.JPG

zigtig

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Wrangler, 2021 Telluride, 2014 Slim, 2019 Rzr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great shots! Great use of no doors!

OP
OP
broncoepic

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How far down did you air the Methods on your Taco on average? I totally get the single digit PSI, but I doubt I would ever go that low, heck I wheeled the Vegas rodeo and we were way high, but those are on C rated non beadlock wheels.
I think 12-18 psi is the sweet spot for 31-33” size in C or D load range tires. It’s worth noting that I ran the 16” wheel/tire combo (not the 17") on my Taco.

I ran the gate 3 times using 3 different lines and slid off the passenger side wall on the 2nd attempt and got really sideways on my driver side on the 3rd attempt. The first attempt was the photo op from the previous day where we took the normal line. The other attempts would've put a great deal of pressure on the side wall and I'm certain the MR Trails would've been just fine. Tons of folks do the gate using traditional wheels at low psi all the time without issue.
Sponsored