Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The guys at ICON test-fit some new jewelry on my 2-door Base today. These things are pretty badass and should be a nice component of the complete long travel kit they're working on for Bronco. CNC'd 6061 matte anodized, massive FK rod ends with high misalignment spacers, UHMW rock sliders on the lowers. These are first articles, not in production yet.

Ford Bronco ICON Billet Rear Upper & Lower Control Arms IMG_0725.JPG

Ford Bronco ICON Billet Rear Upper & Lower Control Arms IMG_0733.JPG

Ford Bronco ICON Billet Rear Upper & Lower Control Arms IMG_0731.JPG

Ford Bronco ICON Billet Rear Upper & Lower Control Arms IMG_0730.JPG

Ford Bronco ICON Billet Rear Upper & Lower Control Arms IMG_0742.JPG

Ford Bronco ICON Billet Rear Upper & Lower Control Arms IMG_0722.JPG
Sponsored

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

😍

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Nice!

Just curious why are they billet and shaped the way they are vs DOM tubing with same rod ends? Is it more of a "looks" vs function?

Sponsored

Slater

Badlands
First Name
Just Slater
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soul crushing Camry now cancled out by Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Icon makes some excellent components. What is the material on the rock sliders on the lowers? Aluminum inserts?

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Nice!

Just curious why are they billet and shaped the way they are vs DOM tubing with same rod ends? Is it more of a "looks" vs function?
function all the way and looks are a plus with these you can replace/change/upgrade ball ends, billet gonna be stronger, and notice those replacable skids on there probably gonna be spendy tho

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

function all the way and looks are a plus with these you can replace/change/upgrade ball ends, billet gonna be stronger, and notice those replacable skids on there probably gonna be spendy tho
Hmm...you can replace / change / etc ball ends with DOM (the tubing has a threaded insert welded in). Skids are definitely a plus to this style...I guess I am struggling the function is "better"? The DOM route would be considerably less expensive. @goatman where you at?

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hmm...you can replace / change / etc ball ends with DOM (the tubing has a threaded insert welded in). Skids are definitely a plus to this style...I guess I am struggling the function is "better"? The DOM route would be considerably less expensive. @goatman where you at?
i was comparing to stock

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice!

A little bit of both. Machining them from a solid block allows the engineer more freedom of design to add features like those skids, lightning grooves, etc., and yeah they look cool too. Of course the trade-off is price. You can certainly get excellent quality and performance from a tubular arm. The billet ones will just be a next-level. I would guess ICON will also offer tubular arms since they do for the other vehicles they make parts for. The billet components are normally their top-line upgrade.

Icon makes some excellent components. What is the material on the rock sliders on the lowers? Aluminum inserts?
They're some sort of plastic but I didn't ask. I'm guessing UHMW but they could be Delrin or some other plastic. I'll find out next time I'm over there and let you know. And yes they are replaceable.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That's badass.

Personally, It's really the only silver lining about being screwed over until 2022. Aftermarket parts will be more readily available and I can get straight to modifying it.

Now just need to see someone show some teaser pics for widebody fenders...

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

A little bit of both. Machining them from a solid block allows the engineer more freedom of design to add features like those skids, lightning grooves, etc., and yeah they look cool too. Of course the trade-off is price. You can certainly get excellent quality and performance from a tubular arm. The billet ones will just be a next-level. I would guess ICON will also offer tubular arms since they do for the other vehicles they make parts for. The billet components are normally their top-line upgrade.

They're some sort of plastic but I didn't ask. Probably UHMW or Delrin. I'll find out next time I'm over there and let you know. And yes they are replaceable.
Thank you Dusty...yes, these and the RPG ones are definitely works of art! And the VMC and the cutting tools to build these are not cheap either!
Sponsored