First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And what is the reason Icon offers billet and tubular options, if not for weight savings?
[/QUOTE]

Because people will paid a lot more for pretty billet because it looks coo with 0 performance benefits.
Sponsored

Quick

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
And what is the reason Icon offers billet and tubular options, if not for weight savings?
Because people will paid a lot more for pretty billet because it looks coo with 0 performance benefits.
[/QUOTE]

I bought them because they look cool, they are more adjustable than the tubular versions, and the rear arms have a nice clamp setup for the coilover reservoir tube. And it looks cool. Did I mention it looks cool?

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
[/QUOTE]
Billet does offer a little extra adjustability, durability, and a more solid connection to the shock tower (UCA) with those good looks. For the rear links, I believe it is just a bit more durability over the tubular options. I do believe that these benefits are very minimal. From a performance perspective (lift, articulation, longevity) there appears to be no difference at all. I went with tubular UCA before on a 07 FJ so now want to go with the Billet option this time around. Traded my FJ during a divorce and regretted it ever since, So the Bronco has a lot of meaning to me as my forever off-road vehicle so I am going all out.

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
What does that mean for lesser stage orders that were placed with a different vendor?
Any orders received so far should also be covered in that initial production run.

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Billet does offer a little extra adjustability, durability, and a more solid connection to the shock tower (UCA) with those good looks. For the rear links, I believe it is just a bit more durability over the tubular options. I do believe that these benefits are very minimal. From a performance perspective (lift, articulation, longevity) there appears to be no difference at all. I went with tubular UCA before on a 07 FJ so now want to go with the Billet option this time around. Traded my FJ during a divorce and regretted it ever since, So the Bronco has a lot of meaning to me as my forever off-road vehicle so I am going all out.
[/QUOTE]
yes it is nice looking Not hating on anyone that goes billet over tube. You spend your money how you want to.
Will I ever push the ICON stage 8 ( I overland and crawl more then most )
NO absolutely not but thats what I want and will be buying when I upgrade. Do I really NEED to go full race setup NO but thats what I WANT

Sponsored

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any orders received so far should also be covered in that initial production run.
Awesome. I ordered like the day you guys announced the stage set ups!

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does this go for individual shocks/UCAs ordered as well? Wanting the CDCVs and tubular UCAs. When’s the expected start for em?

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does this go for individual shocks/UCAs ordered as well? Wanting the CDCVs and tubular UCAs. When’s the expected start for em?
What I've said about "initial production run" and how that will avoid the normal 20+ week lead times on coilovers applies specifically to the Bronco coilovers being discussed in this thread, meaning all flavors of them, whether in kits or in pairs (they're not sold by each). Other items such as UCA's and links aren't subject to the same long lead times, so those are just normal production items for us. I can't provide a date for when any specific order will be delivered. You'd need to inquire with your ICON dealer or contact ICON customer service if you're looking for specific delivery date estimates on any particular item or order.

Quick

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@Dusty at ICON - For the Sasquatch Stage 7 - what are the lift heights set at the factory for the coilovers? In anticipation of my new suspension coming, I was using my jack to simulate the lift height.

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Dusty at ICON - For the Sasquatch Stage 7 - what are the lift heights set at the factory for the coilovers? In anticipation of my new suspension coming, I was using my jack to simulate the lift height.
@Quick, as stated in the initial post the coilovers come from ICON set to 2"(rear)/3"(front) lift over stock, compared to base (non Badlands, Non-Sasquatch equipped) Broncos. On Sasquatch Broncos that will end up being about 1" less (1"/2") but as we said their will be some variations depending on your load-out. The nice thing about coilovers is that there is a range of adjustability if you want to further dial in your ride height or front-to-rear bias.

Sponsored

Bcol2012

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro ZL1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Dusty at ICON Does the app that works with the Stage 8 kit work with Apple CarPlay? Just thinking it would be nice to be able to make adjustments right there on the screen. The kits look awesome!

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Dusty at ICON Does the app that works with the Stage 8 kit work with Apple CarPlay? Just thinking it would be nice to be able to make adjustments right there on the screen. The kits look awesome!
I agree that would be awesome, and believe me I've already been pushing for that. Unfortunately it's not currently set up for CarPlay. There's a whole 'nother UI and certification process to access CarPlay, so our guys are still looking into it.

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I agree that would be awesome, and believe me I've already been pushing for that. Unfortunately it's not currently set up for CarPlay. There's a whole 'nother UI and certification process to access CarPlay, so our guys are still looking into it.
Dusty, How about the Android app for the CDEV system? I ordered the Icon stage 8 suspension kit even though I don't have an Apple device. Worst case scenario I get a cheap Apple phone until there is an Android compatible app.

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dusty, How about the Android app for the CDEV system? I ordered the Icon stage 8 suspension kit even though I don't have an Apple device. Worst case scenario I get a cheap Apple phone until there is an Android compatible app.
Last time I asked they were working on it but I haven't heard a recent update. If I can get some updated info I'll let you know. For anyone else, please don't make your purchase decision (for Stage 8 systems) based on speculation of future Android compatibility LOL. I don't want to be on the hook for that!

EDIT: oops used the wrong account but you get the idea :)

Quick

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Stage 8 seems awesome, but complexity is holding me back. Trying to keep this build simple.
Sponsored